1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by psandoval19

1. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    like every year i look forward to spring because fresh fruit again, yay! every winter is actually really hard for me to get through because there isnt a lot of fruit options, and i eat fruit at least once a day, if not more. so yknow, this year when winter was finally over i was so excited for fruit!!!!! but like, spring is always kinda rough cause not everything is in season
    Sep 29, 2018
  2. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    and even tho some stuff IS in season, its usually really tart bc its not super ripe yet, but whatever. fruit is fruit. well everything, thus far, has just been absolute garbage like idk. i dont recall any produce this year actually being good.
    Sep 29, 2018
  3. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    strawberries were always tart or watery(???) like u can TASTE the GMOs (i know you cant taste them but like, if a strawberry is as big as an apricot and it tastes like water, you know its not actually fresh or whatever, its the science)
    Sep 29, 2018
  4. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    ok like for example, GMOs be the plastic surgery of produce. it looks good, it feels good, but it isnt really good cause its silicon and not real meat, ya feel? so im really disappointed when i buy really lush, healthy looking fruit only for it to taste like nothing
    Sep 29, 2018
  5. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    and thats just strawberries. the watermelon this year was phenomenal, same with mango, BUT NECTARINES AND PEACHES ALWAYS LETTING ME DOWN. again, idk if its in your area too, but my family and i occasionally come across produce that was presumably frozen for awhile, then thawed out and sold later in the season
    Sep 29, 2018
  6. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    peaches and nectarines are summer fruits, so when its still being sold in september, most of the fruit was harvested weeks ago, frozen to keep fresh-looking, thawed and then sold in late september to keep the season for nectarines still going. cause like, a lot of produce is wasted because theres more being harvested than people can consume
    Sep 29, 2018
  7. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    but the sucky thing is that when fresh fruit is treated like that, the inside gets all mushy, and ripens too much. so you go out, buy a firm nectarine, take a bite into it and its brown and mushy. its not juicy, its not sweet (or at least its not naturally sweet, its like oversaturated with sugar bc of the ripening process) and yknow
    Sep 29, 2018
  8. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    im really bummed out because i didnt have a single good nectarine all year because i was too early in the season, strictly avoiding fruit for the weight loss comp when they were in season, and now the season is practically over so all the nectarines are whack
    Sep 29, 2018
  9. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    and winter is coming yet i havent been satisfied with 2018 produce and im really sad cause it wasnt a good year for fruit and stuff ;-;

unfortunately idk where the fruit came from, cause like when i buy it, i buy certain fruit from certain stores bc i know theyve had consistent produce in previous years, but idk if my parents get stuff from wherever is convenient
    Sep 29, 2018
  10. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    OR IF THIS IS A GOVERNMENTAL CONSPIRACY IN WHICH THE QUALITY OF PRODUCE IS DECLINING BECAUSE WE NEED TO DECREASE POPULATION SIZE AND WE'LL START FIGHTING FOR RESOURC-
    Sep 29, 2018
  11. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    but anyway yeah theres my long rant about fucking fruit thanks for reading
    Sep 29, 2018
    CommanderBox likes this.
  12. OrangeAlex77
    OrangeAlex77
    I really don't notice if fruit is in/out of season, I just buy what I want
    Sep 30, 2018
    mocharaven likes this.
  13. Turtleguy2018
    Turtleguy2018
    I can't be bothered to read all this but I agree 100%
    Sep 30, 2018
    psandoval19 likes this.
  14. psandoval19
    psandoval19
    i really only buy fruit when it’s ripe, so i learned when shit comes in season. that and playing farming sims B^)
    Sep 30, 2018
    mocharaven likes this.
  15. TeamPurple
    TeamPurple
    At least ur strawberries didn’t have needles in them
    Sep 30, 2018