1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Masteraj12

1. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    Since Middle school I haven't really thought like this, I just sort of went with the flow of things. A year ago I had a tough time, but nothing close to this. Nothing even happened, I just sat around for an evening and just thought for a while.
    Nov 3, 2018
  2. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    I thought about how things have changed and how my life is taking shape now and that I'm going to have to be focused now, I can't get by the way I'm doing things now. I may outwardly be focused and astute, but I'm just always on the verge of breaking down. Today was one of those days where I just snapped and had crazy and emotional thoughts and just couldn't get myself to do anything.
    Nov 3, 2018
  3. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    I thought about how my dreams to become a Teacher are not feasible at all, realistically I would not make nearly enough money to support myself and be able to lead a good life, and I sure as hell wouldn't be able to support a family with that sort of income. Just thinking about how I got so fixated on this path in my life and how it consumed me just made feel like garbage.
    Nov 3, 2018
  4. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    Like I used so much of my time pursuing something that isn't even going to be what I end up doing in life. I would love to teach. I would love to make enough money doing all that and it would be the happiest time of my life if I could do that, but I know its not possible. I just keep feeding myself lies to keep myself optimistic and positive because thats my best trait.
    Nov 3, 2018
  5. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    I honestly feel like I have nothing else aside from that. I don't have a single best friend that I can trust and talk to daily, nor do I think I'm that to anyone else. I'm just sort of there, doing my own thing, helping others whenever we cross ways, just a passerby. I don't feel like I can live the life I want to live where I can change someone's future for the better, and that just makes me feel like shit.
    Nov 3, 2018
  6. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    For the past 3-4 years of my life, I've been constantly relying on "I can change someone's life" as my motivation to do things, but it sort of just slipped away from me. I don't have motivation right now. I don't have a someone, I don't have a something, I'm just treading along through a never ending stream of shit thrown my way, trying to make it somewhere in life.
    Nov 3, 2018
  7. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    I hope this changes within a year or two, because I hate being this lost in life. I don't know what to do. I'm not depressed or suicidal, I'm just sort of waiting for something, someone, or a chance to come my way. I just want something in life that gives me reason to keep trying my hardest because living the way I am right now is just a chore, and I don't want my life to become like that.
    Nov 3, 2018
  8. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    Sorry for getting like this, I do this because I wouldn't be caught dead saying this to people I know IRL, they would overreact and try to pry where its not needed. You guys are the most grounded people I know. I just want like people to tell me if they have felt this way before or not, or if they've had something similar to this.
    Nov 3, 2018
  9. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    Once again, I'm not depressed or suicidal, I'm mentally fine. I just don't know where to go with my life right now and who or what I should live for.
    Nov 3, 2018
  10. OrangeAlex77
    OrangeAlex77
    While money is of course an important thing to consider when planing a future career, the most important thing is following what you love (but still being realistic). If you want to become a teacher go for it, you'll definitely make enough money to survive, and as long as you marry someone who also has a decent income you'll definitely have enough to provide for a family.
    Nov 3, 2018
    baseballaholic22 likes this.
  11. OrangeAlex77
    OrangeAlex77
    Also different schools and education levels provide different salaries, you'll just have to look around. I don't know if you're in college yet, but I know a lot of people who went their first year without knowing what major they wanted to pursue. You can try a bunch of different classes and talk with a bunch of different people. .
    Nov 3, 2018
  12. OrangeAlex77
    OrangeAlex77
    Not everyone knows exactly what they want to do early in life, and that especially goes for high school students and those within their first year of college. Even me, I'm in my 4th semester of nursing school (4 more left) and even I'm not exactly sure what I want to do when I graduate. There are so many different type of nursing careers and I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do, and that's ok.
    Nov 3, 2018
  13. OrangeAlex77
    OrangeAlex77
    My plan is to go through school and experience a bunch of different specialties and see where the flow takes me. What I'm trying to say is it's fine if you don't have a concrete plan right now. Just pick a general direction and see where it takes you.
    Nov 3, 2018
  14. OrangeAlex77
    OrangeAlex77
    And during that journey you may face some road blocks (heaven knows I sure did), but you just gotta keep moving. Keep your head up and have a positive attitude, cause sometimes that's all you can do. You may not have motivation now (I didn't have any in HS) but once you find what you love, you'll definitely find some.
    Nov 3, 2018
    Masteraj12 likes this.
  15. CommanderBox
    CommanderBox
    Partially relatable... I will say though, that your optimism, positivity and generosity ARE incredible traits. Some individuals are not capable of feeling this way and instead embrace the bad sides. In that sense, whether or not you think so, you have immense value as a person and it's very commendable that you want to teach so much.
    Nov 3, 2018
    baseballaholic22 and Masteraj12 like this.
  16. CommanderBox
    CommanderBox
    It would be an honor for anyone to call you their best friend, this coming from someone who does not have one themselves.
    Nov 3, 2018
    Masteraj12 likes this.
  17. CommanderBox
    CommanderBox
    I have a quote I don't get to use often, but I feel it fits here since you're very determined on being a teacher. After reading the quote, just remember that how much you help someone is not always the concern, but that you did in the first place that makes the difference.

"Helping someone might not change the whole world, but it might change their whole world."
    Nov 3, 2018
    Masteraj12 likes this.
  18. lordslaughter20
    lordslaughter20
    I know exactly how you feel because I only found out what I wanted to do with my life a year and a half ago.But aj if you are passionate and interested in teaching but worried about salaries since money makes the world go round then look into being a college teacher since they can have the biggest impact in others' lives.
    Nov 3, 2018
  19. lordslaughter20
    lordslaughter20
    I don't know how much college teachers are paid in America but I am only saying this if you are interested in teaching. However you can become an actuary and be paid some big bucks and I think you'd be able to persue this career since I know you're really proficient in math.
    Nov 3, 2018
  20. lordslaughter20
    lordslaughter20
    Ultimately, I do want to say good luck with your soul searching and I hope you discover what you truly desire.
    Nov 3, 2018
    Masteraj12 likes this.
  21. ItzCqnadian
    ItzCqnadian
    Aj, based on what I've seen you can do so much with your life. Just because you decided not to be a teacher doesn't cut off the endless possibilities for you. Deciding on what to do in the future is hard, it's hard for a lot of people. But I know you, and you will find something that suits you well. You get amazing grades, and you're so dam smart man. So many doors will be open for you after high school
    Nov 3, 2018
  22. ItzCqnadian
    ItzCqnadian
    Just keep a positive mental attitude, and you'll get through this phase in life. I just know it!
    Nov 3, 2018
  23. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    I feel like I may have made that post sound too sad and depressing, I'm not sad or depressed at all. I know I can do something, I just don't know who its for or what it is, and I have no clue what it may end up even being. I'm just confused where I'm supposed to go in life.
    Nov 3, 2018
  24. Masteraj12
    Masteraj12
    Its like the one thing I had in my life was ripped from me because I had a realization, and because of that, I've sort of just been left alone in a void, looking for something in life. I like to think that I can find that in college or within the next 4 years somehow, but I can only be so hopeful about things...
    Nov 3, 2018