1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

3.0?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavinMaas, Apr 19, 2019.

1. DavinMaas

DavinMaas New Member

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've been on minecraft, but I just saw that there is a MCI 3.0. Is anyone still playing on the server and is it up and running? It would be fun to get back on. -DavinMaas

2. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

Full-time recycling bin
    Hey,
    Unfortunately Project Mayhem was lost in the Thanos snap and shut down a while ago, so the server no longer exists. I believe in January Ben opened 'Speedy Games' which is basically mixed arcade 2.0. Not sure if anyone still plays it, but here's the thing and the Discord:
    play.speedy.games
    https://discord.gg/bSkkMZd

Agent40 likes this.
  3. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

speedy games was shut down too.

4. DavinMaas

DavinMaas New Member

Awww, well that sucks

superliasse likes this.
  5. noodlegooglen0se

noodlegooglen0se New Member

As a long-time fan of MCI(I did play it back in 1.0), I'm sad to see it's gone. But... if we can't run it anymore, someone else might be able to.
    After all, as long as the code is around, it's still alive, and there's plenty of larger servers with more consistent influx of players. They might have just the tools to bring it back from the dead.

I don't want anyone who's worked on it to not get credit, or anything else out of it, but the main issue with the game has always been it's anonymity. If people knew about it, people played it.
    It's just a thought. I'll definitely be coming to see the new server as well.

6. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

I would like to make something clear about the "anonymity" of the server, it was very well known. We had over hundreds of thousands of people join, we had a counter that counted each unique join (It's down now) The main problem was to keep the players coming back, not because the fact it wasn't known.

7. noodlegooglen0se

noodlegooglen0se New Member

I don't doubt that a large number of people visited the server, and for how long it was around for, it was probably pretty good. Some of the other big servers have far more(such as Hypixel at seven million), but I guess that's about expected.
    I just feel bad that a game with such a long creation history and dedicated player base just... dissipated. Speaking for myself, I stopped playing on the server when I stopped playing Minecraft altogether. With everything else that's been going on, I'm not suprised that a smaller network like PM went down at all. Minecraft does seem to be on a bit of a rise again, but with Microsoft having taken over, I doubt keeping a server afloat was easy.

Though, there is a small possibility forming in my head. Most of the people who came to play on the server were the type who played on the server for a long time, right? Well, there is another rather large server that has a dedicated, long-lasting player base - Wynncraft. They're clearly very sucessful, having more than twenty servers running pretty much 24/7, and a couple of exciting, fast-paced PvP rounds of MCI could help the players be less bored with the more grindy parts of the game. It could increase the retaining levels of both groups' player base.

But no matter how much I speculate and theorize, there are certainly problems I don't know how to deal with in the process. But, equally as certainly, there is a way to get both speedy games and MCI back online through a connection with another mainstream server.

The question isn't if it can be done, only if it will be done.