1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

A few small changes to MCI

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by Nick, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    I've been getting back into MCI for a bit now (Got a new account & mouse) and I've been enjoying it. I just think there can be a few small fine tunings to refine gameplay (woah fancy words)

1) Saying "gg" at the end of the game gives you 5 cookies
    Reasoning - Would incentivise players for having good sportsmanship. Other than that, it would be an equalizer for all games, because no matter how many players are on the game, you would always just earn 5 cookies (A bit more reason to play when there are less players)

2) Make infected classes easier to unlock
    Reasoning - I know some people are going to disagree saying "It is supposed to give the player a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking a class" (SWBF2 kek) But you guys have to trust me, it is so boring to only have 1 infected class for 20+ hours of gameplay (SWBF2 reference again, wow). Honestly, you should make infected classes only require 1/3 of the current requirements

3) New players should start at a high rank
    Reasoning - It sucks to be a new player. No, it really sucks to be a new player. I barely drag myself to come back onto the server because I don't have fun as a human. Most players simply log off and don't come back because they don't enjoy the server when the start player. They are crushed by maxed Turkey's and Shocks (@mocharaven), and simply don't find the motivation to come back. Starting them at like rank 20 would be a lot more enjoyable, because they would have some sort of equipment, and be very close to prestiging. Once they get a taste of a high level human, they will want to spend hours grinding for it again, and they will have prestige perks.

I know @maxben34 and the other developers work very hard to keep the server afloat, and they can only do so much, but I feel these changes can be implemented quickly and have long a drastic effects.

MineButcher and Wombo like this.
  2. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    I agree with 1, but not 2 or 3.

1 - Yeah. Great idea.

2 - You said the main reason. It’s supposed to be hard to unlock kits. If it was simple, who knows how many people would have titan or mole or other op kits.

3 - What happens when they prestige? They just then go back to a much weaker rank? I’m sorry, but this just doesn’t make sense to me. And sure being a low rank sucks, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we should hand out higher ranks to people. The ranks should go from 1 —> 25 not 20 to 25 then 1 —> 25.

Just my opinions on this. Feel free to disagree with me.

baseballaholic22 likes this.
  3. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Actually when it comes to number 3, we actually have had it so new players rank up far faster than normal (like we're talking extremely fast) for a while. I'm not sure that giving a high rank to new players without any effort on their part is a good idea because then they have less (or nothing) to work towards.

Wombo and KingDuder like this.
  4. KingDuder

KingDuder Well-Known Member

Tryharding a block game.
    1 - Most people already do say gg at the end of the game but I agree that a very small cookie reward for saying gg wouldnt be a bad implementation. The biggest problem right now is the spam filter would have to be adjusted. If you did not speak during the round, and said gg the round before, you would be stopped from saying gg because you would be repeating a message. Otherwise not a bad suggestion

2 - Zombie is a beginner friendly class and there is nothing wrong with having only that to start with. All you have is basic armor, and a sword. Your scratch ability is random and relies purely on getting hits, and the brains path is from eating brains you get by getting kills. This is a very simple class for new players to learn the side of infected. They shouldnt worry about having these extra abilities right off the bat, they should be used to a class with passive abilities first before moving to one with active abilities. Plus zombie is a really good class on its own.
    Also, vampire, enderman, skeleton, and baby zombie are most likely a person's first 4 unlocked infected kits (excluding ranks). These kits itself are not hard or too time consuming to unlock, plus new players who stay will already have enough knowledge and experience in the gamemode to really take advantage of these kits.

3 - Like ben said, new players now have a much easier time than before. Yeah they'll still get steamrolled by the better players, or people with max kits and a lot of perks. But lets be real here, everyone gets steamrolled on the server, just being good means you dont get destroyed as much. Even people with a lot of experience, or max kits, or a lot of perks still do get steamrolled. New players will have to get used to it. Its up to new players to stay or not, join the forums and teamspeak or not, make friends or not. Plus adding this would be even more discouraging as they would feel as if they started with good stuff then prestiging and having nothing, and having a worse time on the server.

lobster and Agent40 like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

i've been playing on my new account for a while and I can tell you that it is very boring to only have 1 infected class. i didn't say it was a bad class. It was just boring to use the same class for 100s of games.

Being a new player still sucks. You get 4 shot from mz's and only very little damage in on commanders. Very little players stay because they get steamrolled. Having strong gear gives them a taste of a high rank, and will want to stay to get back to that high rank. and this time, with perks

Players can still prestige an infinite amount of times. If anyone said "Well im rank 25, now im done with the game" everyone would be laughing. Your 1st prestige marks the beginning in a long journey. A high rank wouldn't be a bad ideas because with iron armor and food new players can actually get a few kills.

6. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Well, for your third point, I'd argue that new players wouldn't have enough incentive to prestige since they've never been through the rank-up process before so they're going in blind. Also, a change like this could have a large impact on the balance of the server overall.

7. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    You're looking and playing at low ranks from the perspective of yourself - someone who got all those perks and kits. New players joining and instantly leaving isn't exclusive to project mayhem and while the stronger players do shred new players, that's just natural gameplay. Everyone knows that. You can't really change it. Also, from the perspective of a new player, they join and start learning the game. Their goal every game is just to survive, and I doubt they even care about kills at all at the start. The zombie class is just fine for them, it's not underpowered and once they learn how to unlock kits, I'm sure that will excite them. The concept of MCI in itself is extremely awesome and fun and a lot of players will genuinely enjoy it.

The issue concerning players instantly leaving is probably more on the side of player count. The problem with this is earning cookies is based on how many players are on. When players start leaving, it gives people still on less of a reason to keep playing and the player count spirals downwards.

Draconium likes this.
  8. YellowTehMinerz

YellowTehMinerz Active Member

And qq for @Garth

Garth and Nick like this.
  9. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    maybe 1 cookie, and the amount you get is affected by boosters
    instead, add a new kit that is easily unlocked for new players to have a bit more variety
    no, that'd confuse them, instead give them more cookies every time a survivor dies, this way they do not notice a difference, and do not get confused.

10. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

I'd like to give my opinion on this topic.

"1) Saying "gg" at the end of the game gives you 5 cookies
    Reasoning - Would incentivise players for having good sportsmanship. Other than that, it would be an equalizer for all games, because no matter how many players are on the game, you would always just earn 5 cookies (A bit more reason to play when there are less players)"

This addition would overall have no effect on players, it would only give them incentive to say "Good Game". Although saying "gg" is healthy for a community, it won't make or break the server.

"2) Make infected classes easier to unlock
    Reasoning - I know some people are going to disagree saying "It is supposed to give the player a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking a class" (SWBF2 kek) But you guys have to trust me, it is so boring to only have 1 infected class for 20+ hours of gameplay (SWBF2 reference again, wow). Honestly, you should make infected classes only require 1/3 of the current requirements"

A sense of achievement is what incentives me to play a game more, that's why bigger mmo's that have lots of content are more popular (Also because of their bigger platforms ;). Trying to achieve that, making infected classes easier to unlock may discourage some who like to achieve the kits. I don't play MCI anymore, but I recently heard that a few individuals unlocked Shock finally... They got that sense of achievement and now they got a kit that was originally only for Mayhem+'s.

"3) New players should start at a high rank
    Reasoning - It sucks to be a new player. No, it really sucks to be a new player. I barely drag myself to come back onto the server because I don't have fun as a human. Most players simply log off and don't come back because they don't enjoy the server when the start player. They are crushed by maxed Turkey's and Shocks (mocharaven), and simply don't find the motivation to come back. Starting them at like rank 20 would be a lot more enjoyable, because they would have some sort of equipment, and be very close to prestiging. Once they get a taste of a high level human, they will want to spend hours grinding for it again, and they will have prestige perks."

I certainly agree that newer players need an advantage, but the problem with giving them any advantage is the moment you take it away from them. You take away this advantage, in this case by prestiging, and it will discourage them from continuing. I'm sure the staff team is looking into something regarding this issue but it will not be that solution.

mocharaven likes this.
  11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yes, but in Games like skywars in hypixel, you cannot have these massive power gaps, as we see in MCI. Yes, they have kits and perks, but there isn't a "full diamond armor kit", and a "rank 1 pretty much nothing kit". Its not that there shouldn't be a power gap, but the power gap is way too big for new players, that they end up leaving

As for infected kits, I can tell you right now (since I have been playing on a new account) only having 1 kit is BORING
    Yes, its a decent class, but it gets boring to play, especially since you always die early on as a low rank.

Then what's wrong with it?

A sense of having to play for 20 hours is what incentives players to either put down the game or spend money (which is probably the goal here) I'm mentioning Star Wars Battlefront 2 for a reason here. This is the same problem that MCI is facing, but in a smaller scale. Players don't want to play for nights on end for 1 class that should have already been unlocking in the first 5 hours of playtime.

And for all those players saying enderman and vampire are "free kits", no they aren't. Players prestige before unlocking those classes. And how many new players stay until they prestige? Not many. Make the first row of infected kits on the first page easier to unlock. Also shock is insanely hard to unlock, people farm that requirement when there is 4 players on lol.

Yes, but they will have prestige perks, and will know what its like to have full iron armor and want to get it back. And they'll have a tomahawk or firemind

12. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    This is just like any other learning
    process. You can't expect to be like the big boys after just joining, it's something that takes time and practice. Or should everyone that just joined be able to get a good ss? Or take out a commander without difficult. No they shouldn't, that would be unfair towards the dedicated players. You should simply adjust your playstyle to your capacities. (Hence to @mocharaven always hiding ;) <3 ) But as a leather player you should hide and earn cookies by surviving, rather than tanking.

mocharaven, Rockin and Agent40 like this.
  13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

But most new players leave because they are crushed to a bloody pulp by maxed infected kits and destroyed by commanders tanking.

Very fun.

What is your suggestion to help out new players?

o wait

u dont have 1

Who am I likes this.
  14. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    says the person who mainly targets leathers

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'm like the only player that doesn't target leathers, I attack the player closest to me.
    If that happens to be a leather than so be it, but im not afraid to run into a group of commanders spawn tanking flailing my sword, cause I don't give a shit about my kdr

Rockin likes this.
  16. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

1) I agree about saying "gg" you should get a reward for playing. or even over time you should maybe get some kind of points which could unlock crates or so? i think that would be a nice update.

2) I guess it's hard to unlock kits, Kits like enderman, vampire are easy to unlock but do take 20+ hours, i think some less op kits should be easier to unlock, not too easy but easier.

3) I think this would be bad, we all started at rank 1 and i think new players starting at commander would be bad because due to many commanders infected will never win games, and also new players have chance to vote and do /twitter ingame and do missions like parkour they will easily rankup from rank 1, possibly new players should get a join message (private message) saying like things they should do to gain chaos etc and explanation of everything.

17. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    New players are not concerned with the power gap when they join. If anything, that's inspiration to keep playing. It's like that with all leveling games, they're unfair that way. If you join a game and get destroyed by someone that's invested tons of hours of play time into the game and then instantly leave, good, leave, that's just immaturity.

Now, we need to understand that the owners really care about the server, so much that they're not making profit and spending money to keep it running. The owners would love to look at ways to give new players a higher sense of relevance and participation with in the game, but the tons of veterans that have spent weeks to months of time playing on here, and almost all have donated, are the most valuable and precious thing making up this server. If they were to say, decrease the prestige perk capacity or make the higher ranks weaker, those players won't be happy, most likely quit. Giving new players a buff is also hard because the leveling system of MCI increases their gear very slightly every rank, losing their buff, at whatever point, will be noticeable and piss them off.

As for kits, honestly we can just make a second zombie kit with different abilities that's super easy to unlock. I think this would be really cool for new players.

Nick likes this.
  18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

They are very concerned about dying 5 times in a row to full irons.

And sure, its inspiration. inspiration to press the disconnect button

19. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    OK, so shall we create a game where new players don't regularly die? We should look at trying to limit any kills whatsoever and make it as boring as possible.

Bacon likes this.
  20. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

I agree, kits are too op, privates have no chance.