1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

A suggestion on how to deal with tankers.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by funkydread, Nov 4, 2015.

?

Should all kits other than Holiday themed kits be free?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2015.
  1. Yes, the kits in mci should be free and I shouldn't have to buy the kits just to wina game.

23.8%
  2. No, I feel like it's fine the way it is, you pay you enjoy the game.

76.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkydread

funkydread Member Builder

Smoking WOW
    Multiple people have been complaining including me on the subject of tankers. Tanking gets a little out of hand when their are two minutes left and one person that is prestige 20-30 just racking up kills like it was nothing and not dying. This wastes the majority of zombies time and is just unfair and not balanced. The owners have tried to balance this out with multiple classes, all of which are easily killed. The Leprechaun, sure you probably never knew it existed because its just underpowered and not fun to play. Leprechaun has an incredibly small chance to steal a piece of food or grenade. But, the class dies easily and is slow. Then there's Phantom, this kit can f**k up someone's inventory and save the day. But, only people who donate Seventy five frickin dollars to the server get this kit. It's like its pay to even have a chance at defeating the one godly survivor. This game mode has gone from a normal mci with a few kits to something where it's just not fun. Survivors should be afraid of large numbers of zombies not want to pig pile on top of them. I understand it's a game but seriously? This brings me to Titan and Shock, the two good classes for dealing with tankers by either scaring them with titan with its shear power, or not even knowing what you're hitting while battling shock. I wonder why the tankers are always staying alive... Maybe it's because there are multiple kits that are pay to win. This server has it's fair share of free kits that you eventually earn through some task that takes 40 hours. I know I am gonna get a lot of grief. My point is that all kits except for holiday kits which are exclusive, ( I understand why those are not available), should be free and just take a while to complete them. This gives every person a chance to even get the kit that will be useful and will make the infected more balanced against tankers that are over prestige 25 and don't die. Also, the two kits Titan and Shock, those are the main reasons you but Mayhem+, which is $250 I look at the monthly goal for October and it was past 100% so I don't think they need the extra money. Sure some people who are extremely dedicated will buy it for the extra things they get. Also on other servers, (not Project Mayhem) All kits are free, the only reason you buy any type of donor rank is to get cool cosmetics that will be fun for 10 seconds. I feel like all kits should be free on Project Mayhem.

DaSoccerBoy, Wack_Attack and Frogged like this.
  2. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

Also to add on: This would stop if they made Phantom, Shock, Titan, and stuff UNLOCKABLE.

3. Haydes

Haydes Member

Yesyesyeayeayeayeayes
    Honestly there shouldn't be kits you have to pay for

And before anyone says this will make people not buy Mayhem+ just remember they will get 4 holiday kits

Also we should have to buy scarecrow either

4. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

We've been through this in the past. Titan and Shock aren't unlockable in an attempt to make them more valuable and encourage people to donate for Mayhem+. Reaching our monthly goal isn't what purchasing ranks is about. The more money the server makes, the more advertisements we can have, the more players can play, and the more new content we create.

If you truly want the game to be balanced, then it shouldn't be about giving players a way to access kits. Instead, it should be about either nerfing the humans themselves or coming up with mechanisms to make it harder for humans to survive.

All this suggestion would do is lose the server potential donations and having people beginning to call these kits really OP even though more people use them.

Just because a kit costs more money than another, doesn't mean it's any better.

5. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    Adding to what you said, I feel the game is more balanced now with deathstreaks and the nerf on firemind. Even if these things need to be balanced, I know that we are all striving to make Project Mayhem a better server and Mci 2.0 a better game through the ideas and feedback the community feeds to the staff.

DaSoccerBoy and Sundvallo like this.
  6. GreetZ

GreetZ Active Member

Hater
    Its more challenging for us rn to tank and get a high scorestreak, that will be more fun

7. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    I would agree with this post if you hadn't coated in in sass.

8. Rchan

Rchan Active Member

Tankers aren't really a problem as currently games end in about 1 minute and 30 seconds without anyone buying food as there are suiciders like me to get the dreaded eggs.

DaSoccerBoy and saracresp like this.
  9. Soup

Being Tasty.
    I think he's more talking about after the update when 90% of the server isn't killing themselves at the start of the game.

Frogged likes this.
  10. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

If you could tell me what's pay to win, I'd like to know. There's nothing on the server that you could purchase to suddenly have a large advantage over other players to the point where you're paying to win. We try to make all the infected classes balanced and have different roles when it comes to taking down the infected so they are all good in their own sense.

Frogged likes this.
  11. Soup

Being Tasty.
    On top of that, we not only strive to balance infected classes but we're trying to make it so that combinations of different classes are good to attack players with at the same time, so that it's not unfair or pay to win but a variety is encouraged.

An example of this is that if you were to distract players in a hard to each place as a skeleton or a different ranged class, while they're distracted a vampire could fly up and catch them by surprise.

There are many different combinations of classes to attack players with considering we have 2 support classes (Easter Bunny, Grinch and Witch), 3 classes to reach people in hard to get to places (Vampire, Enderman, Shock), a few tanks to take all the hits so that the others don't have to (Titan for titan, blaze shield blaze, iron golem), ranged classes (Skeleton, Blaze, Wither Skeleton), offensive classes (Zombie, Turkey) and of course there's a few troll like classes (Phantom, Grinch). Either way, tankers are easy enough to deal with, even with all the changes we make, people will still be very skilled at attacking many different infected at a time to get high scorestreaks. We're also doing our best to remove spots that make humans literally impossible to attack, let alone kill.

We're doing the best we can so please, just be patient and not disrespectful when giving ideas.

Noobas_ and MutatedGrape like this.
  12. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Tankers aren't a problem that much anymore, but hey, they've still got surge to help them, you can also keep jumping in a compacted area to get over 200% more damage with dem crits with surge! :D

13. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    Hah @Soup did you just call iron golem a tank kit? Let me know when that extra half heart helps you out XD

Frogged likes this.
  14. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    Most of these guys are hackers, like 0_American_0, he got banned a coupple hours ago for autocliker.

15. Wack_Attack

Wack_Attack Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    Home Page:
    How about we make it where humans can only use 10(ish) perks during a round?

16. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    Didn't you or someone else say that already?

17. Wack_Attack

Builder
    Home Page:
    That would be me.

18. Vivids

Vivids New Member

Most of them are not hackers, I can usually do that and I don't hack. It really isn't hard. It's just hotbar management and not pvp.

19. Wack_Attack

Builder
    Home Page:
    teegah banned American for clicking 27 times a second, however teegah was having lag at that time so American was unbanned due to it being an unfair ban. And no you cannot click 27 times a second for a straight minute like what teegah was seeing while he was lagging.

20. Vivids

Vivids New Member

I wasn't talking about the clicking. I was talking about being last alive not dying and racking up kills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.