1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

An Effort to Boost Morale and a Quick HELLO Again!

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by BringThePayne16, Oct 24, 2017.

1. BringThePayne16

BringThePayne16 Active Member

Penguin
    Dear All,

The following is an extremely long memoir that may serve as an invaluable tool for keeping this server alive. Athough on much less drastic terms, it’s a brief stopping-in of a long-since-departed old friend. ;)
    I have absolutely no clue why the memory of McInfected popped into my head today. I’m guessing the majority of you have absolutely no clue who I am, which is no problem at all :p. LONG story short, I used to play this lovely little game of minecraft a good many nights ago. Back in the days of high school, when I had time to devote to trivial things such as this!
    Now I’m pursuing my bigger goals. I’m in higher education, studying Law and Public Policy and Philosophy. I’m testing the limits of my intellectual capabilities, making connections with civic leaders and policy-makers around the country, and looking towards my future legal ambitions.
    And yet, something in the far-reaching confines of my neural networks fired. Somewhere, out popped this nearly-forgotten, stowed-away memory of the game I once loved. I have no explanation why. In fact, I have a Philosophy midterm tomorrow, and was just about to go to sleep. Yet, despite all this, and for no apparent reason whatsoever, I remembered Mcinfected. I think it was called “super-gaming,” the version way back when. And BOY did I get a large dose of nostalgia.
    It all came rushing back to me. All the friends I had made throughout my time as a kid on this internet community. The strategies I would take for finding the best places on the maps. Running and dropping the grenades behind me to screw any chasing zombies. Ultimately, I remembered just how much time I had spent on all of this... and how trivial it all seems now.
    Like I said, most (if not all) of you probably don’t have a clue who I am. Nor do I have any time (or interest for that matter) to devote towards any sort of “comeback.” But after stroking my memory, and quenching my shortly-renewed fondness of this community by perusing these forums for a few minutes, I noticed a troubling aspect of a gaming community I once deeply cherished.
    I understand that many of you are in the situation I once was. And that this server may indeed be heading towards its end. But there is nothing that cannot be done. I’d like to address the idea of the server “having low morale.” Certainly, in the grand scheme of things, a game such as this is simply here to pass the time. But for those who feel like this community is not what it once was, or that players don’t see the true quality and effort it takes to ensure a smooth running of this community, and the ultimate impact a welcoming and beneficial community can have on simply ONE individual, I’d like you to think about the experiences I have just expressed here.
    I’m 18. I’m an adult. I laugh at how silly this all once was. I’m essentially thrusting myself into every possible occupation opportunity I have... and yet, on a random Monday night at 1:00am in October, more than 2 years since I had last graced this server... I could not fall asleep because of the memory of McInfected. Is that not absurdly crazy (and wonderful)?
    For those that feel morale is falling, and that it’s an unsolvable, unrectifiable monster capable of irreparable harm to this community, think about the impact it’s had on me. I used to think about this community everyday, in some capacity. I made genuine connections to people on here. THAT is the impact that a truly welcoming community can have on each and every one of you. Remember this when morale seems to be falling. Remember this when a trivial argument breaks out over if someone “ran out of map.” Remember this when you make a new friend. Because at the end of the day, while a cynic might make the claim that Minecraft is a simple waste of time... it made a perfectly grown college kid stop, remember, and smile.
    I hope you all are doing well. I think it might be useful to promote this memoir to new members looking to make their impact on the community and see what it has to offer. This community certainly helped me in innumerable respects. Ultimately, continue to enjoy your time here, because one day, you’ll look back in memory and miss the times you once had. Miss you all.

Sincerely,

Graham

*Special shoutout to all of you who I vaguely remember, hope y’all are doing your part!!
    And @pistolsteven ... it’s been a HELL of a long time buddy. Miss you bunches, you’re a great guy in all regards! Hope life’s treating you right!! :D:cool:

Me. Penguin OUT!

2. ewald22

ewald22 Head Moooderator Builder Head Mod

Cow
    Dang, it's been a while. I'm glad you thought of MCI and came to visit. I hope you are doing well in college. Good luck in life my dude. :)

3. Lividcoffeebean

Lividcoffeebean Active Member

That one guy who's probably afk
    Dude that was emotional I'm tearing up

pistolsteven likes this.
  4. pistolsteven

pistolsteven The Forehead

Seeing you post this thread made me so happy! I missed you so much bro! Thank you so much for the special shoutout and I’m glad you thought about the community again! Hopefully I can talk to you more! Thanks for the trip down nostalgia lane!

MangyMangoe likes this.
  5. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    shut yo sensitive mouth up

nvm i just cried