1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Couldn't think of a title...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soup, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    So to those of you who probably have no Idea where I've been, I've been at school. I now go to Sheridan college for computer programming, In my time here I came across one of my new close friends named Bryce. Bryce has been a developer since he was 13. He is experienced in HTML/CSS, Java, Javascript, and a bunch of other languages. Baking up a bit, i just want to say something: I don't want to be the one to be rude on this thread because I honestly wanted more than anything to see this server succeed. Hell I put more money into that dream than anyone else.

Anyway, I showed Bryce the server, when I was on the forums in the middle of Java class because we both understood what was being taught so we weren't paying attention. He said that it seemed like a good server then he asked me how many players it had, so I told him. He muffled a laugh and said something that never really impacted me until i heard him say it for some reason. He said "That sucks and all, but he needs to realize that there's a time and a place to shutdown a server. Sadly for him, I think that time was months ago."

Once again If you guys have a plan, that's great, best of luck to you guys, really. But I just want to warn you Ben, and Jack. You need to realize that you could be doing so much better things with your time rather than trying to reciprocate something that's already dead. Ben, you have that job with Zynga. Focus on that because as you so elegantly put it: "Of course I'm going to put more effort into Zynga. It's a REAL job." Jackson, you have such amazing talents. Not just your programming skills, but your creativity and sense of humor. Focus on all of those and do something with them. You have so much potential and I think that it's being wasted by attempting to save the server's player count time after time after time.

You guys could be doing so much more with your lives. Just because Project Mayhem failed, doesn't mean that you will.

- Soup

Jinxy, CREEPER__1, Bacon and 2 others like this.
  2. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Thanks for the post. Jackson and I understand that the server may not see the success it once saw and are okay with that. The reason why development progress has slowed (less updates etc.) is because we've been moving onto other things. Recently, there are some non-minecraft related projects that Jack and I are working on. On top of this, we are both college students.

Project Mayhem is and has always been a hobby for us. The truth of the matter is that the server hasn't made a profit (it's pretty much been breaking-even) the past few months and we've continued to keep it up because we care about Project Mayhem and its community. While it would be great for things to rebound and reach the heights that they once did, we both understand and have come to terms with the fact that there's a strong possibility that this won't be the case.

With that said, Project Mayhem is not going to shut down anytime soon. We have some really awesome things planned for the anniversary update (3 years! Wow.) as well as an entirely new project that I'm confident many of our older players (and new ones too!) will really enjoy and appreciate.

3. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    Well I am excited to see what you have in store.

4. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    though i agree with this, maxben said there are plans for the server
    we should wait about a week after his plan takes place and see if it effects playercount before we completely give up on pmmc.

(not that i plan to leave)

CREEPER__1 likes this.
  5. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Active Member

Trying to become better at pvp!
    Amen. This is very true. Like my post said it’s becoming to late to save the sever. It might be time to say goodbye and wish us all luck in life! (Wow this is really sad and sounds mean so let me explain) I wish that the sever will grow. I want it to grow and if you guys need help with that, I would be more than welcome to help. But Ben and Jack should be getting help right now before it’s to late. I know I’m young but if there is anything you need, PLEASE ask me or other server members for help. I think I can speak for all the other PM members in saying that we all want the server alive again! :)

P.s. I’m not a motivational speaker as you can tell. Don’t hate!