1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Different Shops For Buying and Selling

Discussion in 'Time is Money BETA Discussion' started by Hawk698, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Have You Done This Before?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hawk698

Hawk698 Active Member

This is kind-of a rant but also a suggestion.

So I spent about 10 hours mining to get resources to sell. When my cave finally ran out of resources I had about 2 stacks of iron blocks, 50 blocks of coal, 14 blocks of gold, 2 blocks of diamond, a stack and a half of iron ingots, about a 30 gold, 3 diamonds and an emerald.

When I finally went to sell everything I had a about 7 and a half hours of time left. I decided to sell the iron ingots first, after I "sold" them I took out a calculator to try and figure out exactly how many iron blocks I had. Before I could sell them I was death banned and lost everything.

After being very confused for a full minute I scrolled up in chat. I saw that I had left clicked instead of right clicking and bought 64 iron ingots for 7 hours and 28 minutes instead of selling them. I basically just wasted 10 hours of playing, over a day worth of time in resources, all my gear and food because of me left clicking instead of right clicking. I have done the before with cobblestone but it was not that big of a deal.

I think it would be better if there were 2 villagers, one for buying and one for selling so this can't happen.

2. Alpace

Alpace Active Member

To be honest, I find this kind of unnecessary. Even if you misclick and press buy instead, it will show the text ''Enter a quantity to purchase.''. So unless you're not paying any attention at all, no mistakes should occur. I'm not calling this a bad idea, I'm just stating my opinion.

3. Hawk698

Hawk698 Active Member

Usually when I'm about to sell a lot of resources I don't check that every time, but I was also doing homework while playing so that might be why I didn't see it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. Bilbocable

Bilbocable ☃ Hobbit Mod ☃ Going On An Adventure ☃ Moderator

Being on an adventure.
    Home Page:
    To be honoust, I had this the first time I went to the shop. I was saved due to not having enough time, but it does happen. I thought it was a shop to sell stuff so I left clicked immediately as you do on everything in every game. It might be a good idea, but there should be enough encouragement for maxben and jackson to do this, because if no one else struggles with this it doesn't really have a point.

5. sorde21

sorde21 Member

Dyslexic doG
    Home Page:
    Totally agree. Nine of ten times this is not an issue, but in a game mode where you feel rushed from the start this is going to happen to people occasionally. Especially to the newer players that are struggling to figure the game out / whether or not they like TIM. Unfortunately the newer the player is, the bigger of a disaster it feels like.

Happened to me at one point and I didn't play TIM for a 1-2 weeks afterward; If I had not been a regular on the server I would not have bothered coming back to try again.

Of course it is one's own fault, but it is also a question of how user friendly / accident-prone a game interface is. People are using the shop often, so if this happens even a small percentage of the time... lol.

Hawk's suggestion seems a user-friendly way to avoid alienating frustrated players.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  6. Turtleguy2018

Turtleguy2018 Well-Known Member

Gas Station Owner
    This almost happend to me once. I was selling emeralds, I had 17 of them, And clicked buy insted of sell. Luckly I didn' have enough time to purchase the emeralds but this could of ended very badly. I totaly agree with this.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016