1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Discord has killed the forums.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harvey, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I’m trying
    This place is deader than a horse that's been thrown into a fire. What's the point in having this anymore?

This used to be a place where ideas could be shown, voted on and demolished if they're dumb. A place where people would post funny status' and have a blast. Now it's just... Nothing. It's just a buncha bullshit now that doesn't contribute to anything.

But this is what happens when a Discord is made.

RIP Forums, died too young.

Bacon, Agent40 and psandoval19 like this.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Ruffino Ristorante Italiano.
    Ben prob got a plan idk, I knew the forums would die out when Discord was made. The only thing we got is a half dead discord server, and guess what. It's the same 10 people who talk, but again, Ben got a plan.

Harvey likes this.
  3. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatoror☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

I personally see the forums getting more use when 3.0 is actually released as we will still have suggestions and feedback directed to here. There currently isn't anything for people to "discuss" and Teamspeak kind of separated forum goers from Teamspeak users, and now both can kind of intermingle.

InPepeWeTrust, Rockin and chessgeek10 like this.
  4. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    It’ll all die if mci 3.0 never comes out...

Directed to no one in particular as someone who’s waiting for 3.0 and doesn’t use discord... But did see ben’s post somewhere (dont remember where) in June or early July giving a 1 or 2 month timeframe...

5. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

I don't think he ever said a time, just later. It will take months to code everything from scrath, pluss he is at college

6. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    He said months ago that the coding is essentially finished.

7. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    These forums were very dry before the discord server. Check back to the posting history, there's just nothing new to talk about.

8. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert and Hentai Enthusiast
    On my gaming chair making PM-MC hentai and memes
    I agree that discord has caused the forums to slow down just a bit more than usual. However, the forums has already been very inactive with the decline of Project Mayhem. There isn't anything preventing people from posting on the forums, it's just that there is really nothing to discuss, question, or even suggest when the server is dormant like this. People can only stay excited and discuss something like MCI 3.0 for so long. If it doesn't end up being released for a while people lose their excitement and want to even post on the subject matter anymore, especially when nothing new is brought to the table. In my opinion the forums died a while ago along with most of what happened to Project Mayhem. The forums hasn't been as active as it once had three years ago I, and it will probably never be that active ever again unless something miraculous happens. There has been a clear decline in interest with the server and surrounding community over the past couple years. The last time I remember seeing new profile posts and threads everyday was in 2017 (even then it wasn't very often). I don't think discord has killed the forums, I think the long span of inactivity on the server has killed the forums. Everyone has lost ties with Project Mayhem and MCInfected over the past year due to there being nothing very enticing to bring people in and keep them engaged. The last "big" thing to happen to MCInfected and Project Mayhem was the master prestige update, and we all know how that turned out. The only driving force left of Project Mayhem is what's left of the community which resides in discord (previously teamspeak), and as you all know without the friendships there the server wouldn't have been around for as long as it has lasted. The charm that was Project Mayhem, the thing that brought this community together, brought Supergaming players together again, and the thing brought MCInfected back after it was shutdown is starting to fade out of everyone's lives (maybe everyone is just growing out of minecraft, but not from what I've heard in discord). It seems to me like this community has become disconnected from Project Mayhem and the community itself has sprouted off of it and become it's own thing. That's why I think the forums died, not discord. Hopefully this will all turn around when MCInfected 3.0 comes out, but as much as I would like to see that happen I don't think there is a high probability of it coming true. In the end, I guess we will just have to wait to find out and see...

Sorry if this turned into a rant, I just thought I should post my thoughts on what has been going on lately here since there aren't any other threads currently sparking a conversation.

9. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

what is there to talk about

10. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

i'd say it's the same as before the discord was made

11. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    That discord server is the most active discord server I've ever seen relative to the size. It isn't dead at all.

12. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

With 155 members and around 10 of them talk at below regular, I would not call that active. It's not dead, but it's far from active. I agree that the Discord is a better choice than ts3 and it will be great if MCI 3 works out perfectly. If you think this Discord is active for 155 members then you can't be in many active Discord servers.

I never even said it was dead, it's below average, but we can't expect anything more since MCI 3 isn't out yet.

lobster and CREEPER__1 like this.
  13. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

Who said that you have to be in the voice channel to be considered active? Lots of people don't join voice channels but do type...

XrayGodzilla likes this.
  14. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert and Hentai Enthusiast
    On my gaming chair making PM-MC hentai and memes
    Then again there are very few people who only type and don’t join voice chats. Furthermore, the people who do actively join the voice channels are typically the same people who are posting multitudes of messages in the text channels. That still leaves only around 25 active members out of the total 155 current users in the discord. A majority of people who have joined only requested for a role and then went mute. The ratio of active to inactive users is still very low at the moment.

Kevin and lobster like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    well you guys still have my garbage 2 page long ideas on here :)

also spending $25 on an easter rank doesn't count me as a "donator". bullshit, I just spent 25 bucks on a kit that won't even exist soon

16. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Lucky my account has around $200 of donations and the server won’t even exist soon

17. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

I like smaller Discord servers. Same 10 people to me feels like a family. Kevin is not part of that family though.

Just kidding Kevin you're cool and I like you, don't worry.

lordslaughter20 and Frogged like this.
  18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I’m trying
    haha i tricked u all into talking 2 me haha rekt

Draconium and psandoval19 like this.
  19. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

20. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

I walk this empty street on the Boulevard of Broken Memes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.