1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you believe?

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by mocharaven, Oct 12, 2017.

1. mocharaven

mocharaven Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever had a paranormal experience? Like seeing spirits, moving objects or hearing voices from loved ones who past... I am truly being serious.

My own experience is when my grandfather died. The day after my grandfather pasted,
    We had gone to a clothing store to get clothes for the funeral and while I was looking at dresses I smelled my grandfathers aftershave all around me and no one else was in the area. It was so like he was right there with me. I told my dad and he said he too smelled the aftershave when he was looking at suits. Now that was the only time that happened but I did feel my grandfather was at peace. I can't explain it.

So tell me your experience...

2. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    I don't want to be one of those people but I wanted to voice my opinion so I apologize if this is against your beliefs but I respect yours, so you should respect mine.

I personally believe there is a logical explanation for everything, even if something is seemingly impossible, I think that there will always be something logical behind it. It's reasons like this that i personally am an atheist and the same reason that I don't believe in spirits. I have reasons as to why I think that may not have been a spirit but I found your story intriguing and i was moved by the care that you had for your grandfather so out of respect I will not shut down your imagination because as some people may know, even though I don't believe in all of these things, I still love imagination.

Imagination and all things fantasy have honestly helped me survive. There's a reason that i find myself so enticed in the world of television and the world of movies and the online game dimension. I love to escape reality. As sad as it may sound, don't focus on the negative. Although my life my not be the best, especially in the past, focus on the positive of what I'm saying. Imagination is power. I have read countless books, watched hundreds of movies, and I've spent over $4,000 on video games. The imagination of being able to escape the troubles of the real world are what drove me to that. So what if I never believed in Santa, ghosts, magic, or even some sort of god, that didn't matter because I had my own little paradise. I could imagine myself in the stories I watched, read and even wrote. This post may have only been about spirits but it moved to and so I thank you for sharing your story about your grandfather. May he rest in peace.

This inspired me to write a short story about spirits so if you'd like, If I finish it, I'll share it with you when I'm done because although i don't personally believe, you do. And that is something that needs to be preserved.

3. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

I won't believe it until I see anything that resembles it. Sorry to hear about the story, though. That's really touching.

4. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

My grandpa died and the day of I came home and asked if they were visiting because we smelled him and my dad agreed.

Shortly after we got a call that he passed away

CREEPER__1 and Soup like this.
  5. Wombo

Wombo Well-Known Member Builder

Having too much swaq
    I'm always facinated by these kind of stories, because I've never experienced something like this. I'm not sceptical about it, but I'm also not convinced; I'm open for evidence. Therefore, you could say I'm an agnost. (The belief that humans are incapable of providing sufficient evidence of God and other religious stuff. So that means I'm open for evidence for this stuff, but don't actively believe or don't actively not believe.) you could also say that I'm a giant nerd

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  6. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Active Member

Trying to become better at pvp!
    This might sound fake to u guys (it sounds fake to me) but one morning I woke up and I saw something. On this chair in my room were two people just sitting their and looking at each other. Immediately I close my eyes because I was terrified. Later I opened them to check if they were still there. They were gone and I haven’t had anything like this since.

Nitromaniac and mocharaven like this.
  7. ImWithSmart

ImWithSmart ImWithMod Moderator

That One Guy Who Likes To Explore The Lobby
    The weirdest that has happened to me was when I was about 10 or 11, at around 2 am. I blinked and 4 hours had passed. Just like that. I had come downstairs to get some water, and I was drinking it while sitting at my dinner table, looking out the window. I blinked, and the cup was on the table and empty, and when I looked back out the window, the sky was pink and red in the east, when it had been pitch black seconds before. A clock hangs over the table, so I glanced at it after a couple very confused minutes, and it was 5 minutes to 6. I still don't know what happened, but my best guess is I fell asleep at the table after finishing my drink, and woke up and I was fully awake and aware of what was happening only when I was in a very similar position.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Nitromaniac and mocharaven like this.
  8. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Member

The name says it all
    Well for @mocharaven and @Hoozier I can't remember if this is the actual scientific name but I think it is called an olfactory illusion.
    I really do like tales for the supernatural
    Like a time where I hallucinated the ghost of a boy next to my bed when I was younger and swung at him and his face turned from cheery to upset and he would not go away. I even turned on and off the light and he was still there. So I did what any kid did and I ran into my parents room and spent the night there as I couldn't go to sleep.

mocharaven likes this.
  9. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    nothing is paranormal activity it's all in your head

10. Xpit500

Xpit500 New Member

Well I have a bunch of weird stories so get ready by the way I don't expect anyone to believe me but it happened. When I was 6 or something I woke up to get a glass of water and then I saw two black figures one looked like a child one an adult I was super scared and started crying and then my mum came and walked me back to my bedroom. My second story is much like @ImWithSmart one but I was just on my bed and looking down the hallway and I blinked and it was morning. Although the sad truth is that this isn't paranormal because it just happens when you're really tired that your brain shuts off. My last story is kinda weird soooo.... I was in bed and the door started shaking which creeped me out. Next I heard a clicking sound under my bed and then last I heard a train going by. Sadly this too had an explanation (well the explanation is just me trying to think my house isn't haunted). The clicking sound was my bed which broke and the door shaking was because of the train and the train was a real train.

HaleStorm likes this.
  11. Gokuvsluigi

Gokuvsluigi Active Member

Wondering how my life got to this point
    Oh, can I tell a sleep paralysis story that scared me to near death?

I don't know what time it was, maybe around 3-4 am, but I woke up and I couldn't move, so I opened my eyes to see a black figure with glowing green eyes on my window side, and another black figure with piercing red eyes, I felt a sense of dread wash over me, and I felt like I was gonna die, then the whispering in my ear started and I picked up only a few words, but i'll remember them until the day I die "Your mind is a gateway to many things, even your darkest fears" there was a little more whispering but I didn't pick any of it up, and then those 2 figures jumped at me , clawing at my chest, I saw my blood coming out of me in slow waves. I lost my ability to scream, it felt so real.. the pain was probably the worse pain I've felt in my young life.. after some time I somehow gained the ability to scream, and I screamed myself awake, that's when I noticed that there was blood everywhere, like in that dream, I somehow cut a huge gash in my higher chest to lower stomach, I said "oh fuck me" then got up, wiped the blood off myself in the bathroom, and bandaged it up with a lot of bandages (I'm a tough bastard, I walked home with 2 broken arms and calmly asked for a ride to a hospital) I woke up my family, telling them I needed to go to the hospital, I said "I cut open a large gash on my chest and lower stomach area, and I need to get it checked", My parents saw the gash and it seemed they paled to considerable proportions, they rushed me there, I needed a blood transfusion because of how much blood I lost, and it left a nasty scar that is still there today.

Believe me or not about this, this story happened 2 years ago, I was 15, and that scar to aches every now and then. (I lied to my parents because who would believe me if I just woke up with a huge gash?) I still don't know how I got the gash, I looked all around my bed, in my bed for anything sharp, but there was nothing, I've got no explanation of how I got it, if any of you guys got any ideas on how it might've appeared, please tell.

tsk tsk the mind is 2 spooky 6 me.

12. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    I mean I've had dreams where I've see. What I do in the future. I had one dream in year 5 in a blue and white hall sitting a test except my school didn't have a hall. Next year my primary school announced a new hall then in my final year I took my last test of NAPLAN in that hall almost identically as my dream. A couple things were different though the people, my position.

13. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Active Member

Trying to become better at pvp!
    I have more stories! (sorry I didn’t want to use edit so people will actually see them) One time in my bed I had this dream. Half my vision was gone and I could only see in a small circle in front of me. I saw a city with cars driving by, I heard honking of cars and talking. Then I saw a black figure that looked like a tall man. He walked in my sight, looked at me and I woke up. Blood was everyone on my chest. There was no cuts on my body. I yelled and my parents came upstairs and saw the disaster that I created. Later we came to the conclusion that I had a really bad bloody nose. Which didn’t make since because I never got bloody noses and in my bed there was little to no blood on my nose.

Next, (this story was a year later) I was doing a school play. (everyone had to do it, I didn’t try out) we were at the last scene or whatever it’s called and I was kneeling when all the sudden my body lost all power and I felt like I was about to die. I got weak and my vision went black. Then I saw the same city, with the same view, the same cars and same noises. This time it felt like I was sitting in this city for like 15-20 minutes. Then the man appeared, looked at my and started running at me. Then suddenly I woke up and had a huge headache. Later people told me that I fainted and fell straight back and hit my head. That explains the headache. They also told me that I was only asleep for 2 minutes even though it felt like 15.

I wonder if I will ever get these dreams again. I am still curious about the first story. Where did that blood come from, or was it even mine.

14. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

Reign in the TurkeyLand.
    Home Page:
    All I have ever had is that one day I felt verry ill. and I layed down on my bed and I was so dizzy that I though the mo felt down on me. so I started screaming and my mom came in like 'what's wrong' and stuff. but I was just hallucinating, welp.

15. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

The only thing that was close to paranormal activity that turned out to not be paranormal activity:

I was in my bed about to go to sleep, then I hear rumbling through my desk. I thought it was a ghost! But it turned out to be a mouse and we killed that bitch. No more weird sounds!

Wombo likes this.
  16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Do I look like I have a job?
    When I used to play Minecraft and listen to music, I heard voices that definitely wasn't anyone in my house and wasn't from my music. Couldn't make out the words but it creeped me out.

I was going to bed one night and as I walked down the hall, I heard a bicycle bell in the kitchen. I legged it.

My Dad told me a few weeks ago that at about 5am, something was banging on my bedroom door.

That's just a few moments of the weird shit that's happened in my house

17. ellilliv

ellilliv Active Member

I don't really believe in supernatural stuff and my dad's side of the family doesn't either, but after we buried my grandpa on a rainy day, the sun peaked out on the coffin literally right as the priest finished his speech and the sun didn't shine anywhere else or the rest of the day either. It was really weird, and it's hard to think its a coincidence, but I don't rly know :c

18. NorthernCanadian

NorthernCanadian Member

Hockey
    Sometimes when I’m tired and just did something after I am sitting for a while I feel weak then my visions turns back and I fall to the floor but I never fee any pain I just fall while awake with no vision so I can’t see it’s really weird and actually happened quite a lot probably about 3-7 times a week depends on what I’m doig

19. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

CREEPER__1, Bacon and Hoozier like this.
  20. ellilliv

ellilliv Active Member

the point is i don't rly believe in it but that was a weird experience and i dont know what to think of it