1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

empty bottle removal

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by kenzanatior9000, Dec 13, 2017.

?

is this a good idea

1. +1

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. -1

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. kenzanatior9000

kenzanatior9000 Active Member

Suggestion name: remove empty bottles after drinking them

What gamemode is it for: mcinfected 2.0

What does your suggestion do: well your tanking or when your infected you get potions (poison, strength, speed) around 3 ss as infected and 8 as survivor (you get more as survivor at higher score streaks). and well people are tanking and they drink the potions the empty bottles take up space that can be used for food or grenades. for me it sometimes gets very annoying because my gapple is in my inventory. so think suggestion will instead of getting an empty bottle maybe just have the potion disappear

Pros of your suggestion: people won't have to organize their inventory every 10 seconds and a lot of people might enjoy this

Cons of your suggestion: might mess up peoples natural tanking styles to being used to having to put empty bottles in their inventory?

Example of how it could look in game: after you drink the potion it gets removed completely instead of you getting a glass bottle

Other information: N/A

FrostySloppy likes this.
  2. FrostySloppy

FrostySloppy Member

This was removed (soh pro) but nice to see it returned as i never got to use it as i only joined late 2015 or early 2016

3. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    I don’t think it was ever added in the first place. It’s been suggested many times and shut down because a main part of tanking is inventory management, and we don’t need to make tankers even more op.

MutatedGrape, lobster, Luke and 2 others like this.
  4. kenzanatior9000

kenzanatior9000 Active Member

I've never seen another thread related to this topic

5. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    Trust me, if you dig far enough, there are tons. I think @Jimme and at least one other person made one.

6. Luke

Luke The Classy British Mod Moderator

Hub AFKer
    So this is a paragraph I wrote a while back on why this won't be added, back before I was even a mod. So this isn't me as a mod, this is me with my normal opinion.

'Let's say you're tanking. You have half the lobby around you, and you get the 2nd Poison 2 potion. You go into your inventory to get it out, beacuse your hotbar's full. In the two seconds it took to get the potion out, you dropped to half a heart, and you're being possessed, poisoned by a Grinch, shot by a turkey. You die. If the potions stacked, you could keep the potions in your hotbar, and just drink one every time you get one, without the delay. Overpowered.'

But anyway, this has been suggested many times, in the form of SoH Pro, just a normal perk, even as a passive thing for everyone. Every time it's been said it won't happen.

Not to be rude, but sorry, not happening.

lobster and Draconium like this.
  7. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    Clearly you haven't been on the forums long enough.

Also can you please proofread the thread and make it more readable? Like only bold the questions and not the answers? I could barely read through the whole thing. And would it hurt to use some Capital Letters?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  8. FrostySloppy

FrostySloppy Member

Well I thought it was because I heard people talking about it sorry for the false information (cnn)

9. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

So because someone hasn't been on the forums long enough that gives all of us the right to bash him for not digging to find some silly thread? I know that's not your intention but it's certainly starting to look like it.

This isn't an English class. You already know what the suggestion is going to say and it is perfectly readable. You're older than him too.

The suggestion won't happen kenz, it has been discussed with the staff team before and it has the potential to do serious damage. Thanks for your time to make the suggestion though, it's much appreciated

10. Who am I

Who am I Member

Hey if humans keep getting nerfed then we should have a bottle cleaner to make it a little even. Humans are not nearly as over powered as they once were and infected are stronger if you can play them right. Let’s say it’s 1 guy in a 1 by 1 block room on a 50 something kill streak. At that point if he opens his inventory to get potions he will die. At the same time he will have a diamond sword and probably fire mind and will be running low on food unless he bought. I mean what’s the problem if 50 people smacking on 1 guy doesn’t kill him then he deserves to be able to always have a strength pot in his hot bar that he can use to get more kills. I mean hey you can say it’s over powered but if someone is able to survive a giant horde of people swinging at him he should be able to get rid of empty bottles because it barely happens unless they buy food.

Before you say but but it’s overpowered lil skittlez. Well if someone can manage to not die when the whole server is fighting him then he deserves a little something.

11. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Well-Known Member

The name says it all
    But I always saw inventory management to be a necessity to mci. I remember @CommanderBox saying this on an old post and I always agreed a player should be able to manage his inventory because the point of the game mode is to survive.

CommanderBox likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    ^^^
    Mean

13. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

First off, I don't think telling him a proven fact that he hasn't been on the forums long enough is bashing him. Even if he's been here for almost 2 years on the forums, he clearly hasn't been active on the forums until recently. And yes, this would have been resolved with this WONDERFUL solution called a fucking search bar. You don't have to do this so called "silly digging".... search bar is a thing. Now, I'm not defending Draco or anything, but something as simple as using the search bar would have made this thread irrelevant.

Thanks for the suggestion, nonetheless.

Draconium likes this.
  14. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

I searched it in my classes with several different key words and it took me nearly 10 minutes to find...

Maybe I was using bad key words?

15. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    Sounds hard, but it's kinda true xD