1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Fireballer needs buff

Discussion in 'Arsenal 2.0 Beta Discussion' started by SynsCity, Dec 8, 2015.

1. SynsCity

SynsCity New Member

The fireball class is extremely weak, I'm extremely good at Arsenal - 20k reputation - and it can still completely ruin games for me. The fireball itself has a pretty good amount of power but if it is charging then you are useless. I'd like it if the blaze rod at least had sharpness I on it so that you have some hope of killing someone without the fireball. That way, what little actual skill is involved in minecraft PvP would still be valid and getting past the fireball class wouldn't be based solely on how lucky you are to hit someone with low health.

AgentSmith10 likes this.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Ruffino Ristorante Italiano.
    Btw, the reputation doesn't show how good you are, it shows that you have been playing it alot. KDR shows that you are good or not.

+1 on this, I hate two classes here, snowball and fireball.

AgentSmith10 likes this.
  3. MarzDaTroller

MarzDaTroller New Member

Stalker
    Very true. I can get good kills with every other class, EXCEPT the blaze one.

4. Wack_Attack

Wack_Attack Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    Home Page:
    It needs some sort of weapon/change blaze rod to a sword. This class can get me kill farmed so easily, sure if I hit someone without using the fireball it will set them on fire, but that is only good to slow someone and run away.

5. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    I'm not sure but I believe fist do 1 dmg maybe if the rod did 1.75 dmg as to make it more useful in pvp

6. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

carrying the build team
    20k reputation doesnt mean ur goood

it means ur addicted :3

AgentSmith10 and Tactical_Rnbm like this.
  7. Tactical_Rnbm

Tactical_Rnbm Member

There's a very good reason why the blaze rod (melee) is way less useful in Arsenal 2.0 than in classic Arsenal. It's because of regeneration. You could do some serious damage with the fire effect in classic Arsenal, because there was no regeneration back then. Now, the fire effect is completely useless, because there's regeneration.

My sugestions to buff the Fireballer class:

Increase the duration of the fire effect so players take 6 points of damage from it, not 2.
    The blaze rod's melee should deal 1 point of armor-ignoring damage on hit, instead of 1 point of regular damage.

This should balance things out.

8. SynsCity

SynsCity New Member

I know that but what it does mean is even though I play SOO much, fireball class is still a struggle. I mentioned my reputation to show that not even experience helps.

AgentSmith10 likes this.
  9. Erikpiplup

Erikpiplup Active Member

Contrary to what people think, I don't think this class needs a buff. I see people all the time using fireball class ineffectively, charging at people. This doesn't bring out what this class was made for. This class is ranged. The blaze rod isn't meant to be used as a weapon in my opinion. The fireball deals serious damage if you can hit people directly, and the blast radius is huge. The fire baller is the cleanup crew. Wait for a fight to near it's end, blast at the 2 or more players, get 2 or more kills. This class is not a melee class. I don't mean to start a flame war, but I'm just pointing out that if you think that a class is weak, the. You probably are not using it right. This is the same case with the snowballer. Another cleanup class. Again, wait for a fight to near it's end, shoot, steal 2 or more kills. It's a little harder to do this with tnt class since the group sees you coming, but these classes are often used incorrectly. I learned how to do this when arsenal broke and everyone was fire baller, and those fire balls dealt 7 hearts of damage if used right. I also see people shoot their fireball while running into a fight. This gets you killed every time. You literally run into your own blast, dealing damage to yourself. Instead, hide from other people's view, shoot your fire ball at a group of low health fighters, get lots of kills therefore lots of tiers. I feel like this is an extremely undervalued class that is stronger than it looks.