1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Firemind nerf

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by 8amuel, Nov 1, 2015.

?

Do you want the old Firemind back?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. 8amuel

8amuel Member

Dear people from mayhem!

With the anniversary update a lot of great things are added and im really thankful of the update but there is one thing I really hate and that is the nerf on firemind.

When I go on Project mayhem I want to PVP and the past couple of days I've not been able to because of the huge buff of infected kits! (Death streaks)

I talked to a few staff members and they told me firemind was nerfed to make infected and humans more equal. I think because of the Death streaks its already been made more equal. I'm here for just one thing, my beauty full firemind sword back );

Sorry for any spelling mistakes I try hard at school :3

-Sam

Jimme and AjaxTaxi_ like this.
  2. AjaxTaxi_

AjaxTaxi_ New Member

We can't tank anymore when firemind is SHIT. It can do NOTHONG! Give us fire mind back. Tanking is fun with firemind and it isn't OP. It can break...

#WeWantFiremind

Jimme and 8amuel like this.
  3. KittyCapeFilms

KittyCapeFilms Active Member

Home Page:
    I think most people wanted firemind nerfed to nerf Titan. In doing so this nerfed humans as well bringing them back once where they were. There's other ways to nerf titan - nerfing firemind isn't the right way to do so.

Hawk698, Wack_Attack and LookieCookie like this.
  4. Da_Runner

Da_Runner Member

Uhh... I just wanted to say the firemind nerf was an awesome thing they did. I say this because it required no skill to get a high ss and the nerf was very needed as so many people got such high scorestreaks. It was also good because it nerfed titan so it was a great nerf.

saracresp likes this.
  5. 8amuel

8amuel Member

I agree that something had to chance because of some people just being unbeatable but they did that with the deathstreaks, I think they don't have to chance firemind also..

6. Wack_Attack

Wack_Attack Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    Home Page:
    I am against all this bickering about firemind, but it really has split the community, @maxben34 please change it back or make a post saying why it will not be changed back because the only thing people are complaining about is the nerf.

Hawk698, Jimme, 8amuel and 1 other person like this.
  7. LookieCookie

LookieCookie Member

Cookie
  8. KingDuder

KingDuder Well-Known Member

Tryharding a block game.
    Since Firemind is Nerfed I have to find something else that I can exploit and abuse

saracresp likes this.
  9. Wack_Attack

Builder
    Home Page:
    You could keep on using enderman :(

10. KingDuder

Tryharding a block game.
    I already abuse enderman, I wanna abuse something when I'm a survivor though :(

11. Vivids

Vivids New Member

On the old forums, maxben said
    "Occasionally, perks become too OP and as a result they need to get nerfed. Instead of complaining about the fact that we fixed a feature that completely unbalanced the game, you should be celebrating the fact that the server has been out for a whole year today and that we've come so far in the past year and be thanking us for the hard work we put into the server. As opposed to asking for your tokens back on a perk that we spent a really long time figuring out how to fix without making you guys unhappy, removing it, or increasing the price of"

12. Wack_Attack

Builder
    Home Page:
    Can't deny that logic other than it upsetting over half the server

13. AjaxTaxi_

AjaxTaxi_ New Member

At this moment the game isn't balanced. The infected wins everygame. The survivors win 1 in the 50 games. Its also harder to get some diamond swords only if u bought some food. A lot of people thinks: firemind doesn't need skill it is a explosion and infecteds are on fire. With a normal sword, u can hit only 1 infected. With firemind a whole group! How can u get a good ss when u can only hit 1 INFECTED? Explain me -.-

Im typing this on my phone so sorry if the sentences or words not correct.

14. DaSoccerBoy

DaSoccerBoy Member

Tbh I have to agree with infected being OP, since the update I've only played about 3 games where humans have won

KappaKip and Jimme like this.
  15. WubWubMeow

WubWubMeow ⚔♛Queen's Guard♛⚔

Baking
    I honestly feel this update has balanced out a lot of the issues. Humans winning is meant to be a rarity, not the norm.
    Firemind needed a nerf has it had the ability to snowball a scorestreak with ease.

Jimme likes this.
  16. Hawk698

Hawk698 Active Member

I think firemind did need to be nerfed but not this much. I do like the idea or infected winning most rounds, it makes the game more challenging. I think the death streaks are fine a lot of people complain about dead man's hand, I have never really been affected by it. This might be because I have blast shield and frag grenades are never really a problem for me. Ok now about the fire mind nerf, I am fine with the decreased range but decreasing the chance of an explosion so much I don't even keep it in my hot bar any more. In regards to the update the only thing that was not amazing was the firemind nerf.

Agent40, Wack_Attack and DaSoccerBoy like this.
  17. ewald22

ewald22 Well-Known Member

Cow
    When i first started playing firemind didn't exist and when i left firemind still didn't exist yet. I was use to having to kill zombies one at a time. I guess I'm luckt that the nerf doesn't really affect me.

18. KingDuder

Tryharding a block game.
    Tbh, Firemind is still usable but not to the point where it can be exploited, the only other "problem" is dead mans hand, it is useful so a single person can go on 100+ ss, but it is annoying as I die with 2 gaps because I eat them when I have 1 heart

19. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    like really to bring in death streaks and removing the ability to use fire mind in a correct manner has made it so that Infected are OP

20. psandoval19

psandoval19 Well-Known Member

art prostitute
    I'd like to map out a few things with firemind beforehand and whatnot.

Before the nerf, firemind, in my opinion was incredibly powerful. Those who complain now for the nerf had it and got to experience its power. Those who complained before the nerf did not have it and were on its business end, feeling weak. I am/was one of those weaker fools. With mediocre frame rate, awful pvp skills and a regular zombie class, trying to take on some guy with firemind was always a bad idea to me. Despite the crowd around that guy, they'd manage to take them all out, then gaining items from streaks, and we'd have to start all over. Being one of the many to try and take that one guy down seemed rather hopeless.

When someone reaches this point of hopelessness, they want to put the blame on someone, or in this case, something. It usually strikes the question, "How did I die?" You were not singled out by the tank, you were killed by one of the things he had. The grenades slowed you down, blinded you and made you lose total control over your character, but then again, you were not singled out. The next thing you typically think is, "How did I get so low if I was not attacked directly?" Fire. "Other than a grenade, what perk do a lot of people have that cause you to die so many goddamn times?" Firemind. It is with this that people tend to put the blame on the thing that rendered them weak, that allowed them to fall so easily and be served on a silver platter. This is why it seemed overpowered.

Now with the nerf, the original bitches (pardon my french) have piped down. In addition to that, they were given death streaks. With this, new whiny babies have emerged. What have they to complain about? Two things now. Their precious firemind was stripped from them and now infected are dying like mad, practically committing suicide just to have the chance to do a lot of damage to a lot of people at once. Let's understand the frustration.

"I have firemind and before the nerf, I felt power. What a wonderful feeling that is! Every round, despite my rank, I can survive at least one, even a group of zombies. After the nerf, I have lost my sense of security- I am helpless. I cannot kill as many zombies as I did before- but, what's this? Zombies dying a lot anyway? By what, it's not my firemind sword? How dare they! Dying not from my firemind but from their own actions just to drop a frag? I could have gotten this many kills had I still the efficiency of my firemind!"

Both sides have an irritating factor(s) for the firemind nerf. How did we get into such a predicament? Well, let's evaluate.

-Firemind was introduced to take on groups of zombies, help the survivors do their job better.
    This means that zombies were pretty strong to begin with.
    -Uh-oh, it looks like firemind is sending the zombies back to their grave by the masses, how can we fix this?
    -We nerf firemind! Brilliant!
    -Hmm, but it looks like our zombie friends need another boost. Ah, I know! Death streaks! Genius!
    -What is this? Survivors aren't surviving.. what do we do now?

Notice "This means that zombies were pretty strong to begin with." For all this time, zombies had been buff, and to counter? Humans had the tools to defend if they were a high enough rank/prestige. If you trace it all the way back to the start of the server, both the infected and survivors were strong... except the low, default ranks/kits. Now, when one thing is buffed, how is it resolved? Buff the other. Not once has there been a nerf of both. If one thing is nerfed, that is not all that happens, the opposite gets a buff in addition. The creates a lot of unbalance and a lot of unhappy players.

Which brings me to my next topic. This:
    "Occasionally, perks become too OP and as a result they need to get nerfed. Instead of complaining about the fact that we fixed a feature that completely unbalanced the game, you should be celebrating the fact that the server has been out for a whole year today and that we've come so far in the past year and be thanking us for the hard work we put into the server. As opposed to asking for your tokens back on a perk that we spent a really long time figuring out how to fix without making you guys unhappy, removing it, or increasing the price of"

Allow me to pick this bit-by-bit.

Occasionally, perks become too OP and as a result they need to get nerfed.
    Ok, that's a great idea if it were that simple. Instead, another thing gets buffed. Now it's unbalanced again.

Instead of complaining about the fact that we fixed a feature that completely unbalanced the game, you should be celebrating the fact that the server has bveen out for a whole year today and that we've come so far in the past year and be thanking us for the hard work we put into the server.
    People come to the server for entertainment/fun. When they feel that the game is unfair, people tend to not have fun and want to inform you that you are not having a good time- the thing they came here for. Their appreciation comes when they have something to be appreciative about; not to mention the fact that their gratitude is a given every time they come back and log into the server. This is proof they like it enough to stay. A thank-you is no way a must for any player of a server, as they never asked you to make one.

As opposed to asking for your tokens back on a perk that we spent a really long time figuring out how to fix without making you guys unhappy, removing it, or increasing the price of
    People paid for or worked hard to earn those perks. Now that it has changed, they feel cheated and are informing you. They are unhappy and want something done, an alternative because what you served them was not up to par. If you feel this is not right for the players to do- to inform you, or to get a refund altogether- have an open mind to the wants of the people (the people that keep your server up, mind you), or clearly state that these refunds or alternatives are not available.

I found the way this situation was handled rather poor.

/endrant
    whew, sorry for that. if you made it this far, i salute you.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Jimme, Hss, BritishBear and 4 others like this.