1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Firemind nerf

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by 8amuel, Nov 1, 2015.

?

Do you want the old Firemind back?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

He has explained it... many of times...

2. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    im not reading all that ;-;

3. ChiefMuffin

ChiefMuffin Member

I just did :/

4. Agent40

Famous Youtuber
    i will when i got the time

5. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatoror☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

I personally feel like infected aren't op. For the first time since the server came out, I feel like the server has been tough with getting diamond swords. With all the perks we had, humans were extremely hard to kill, but now I think it has a right balance. Sometimes a human may go on an insanely high scorestreak, others they may only get 5, and it prevents people from getting 80+ every round. I personally love this update for bringing a huge nerf to humans and big buff to infected.

DaSoccerBoy likes this.
  6. Agent40

Famous Youtuber
    but what about the people with a constant connection of 200 ping on a good day, i can only get a 11ss when that happens, over than that i abuse the shit outta ghosting

7. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatoror☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Not denying that that is absolute garbage and I honestly think you're right there, but you getting a diamond sword results in almost every round having a 50+ scorestreak and humans constantly winning. Theres nothing to do to please everyone in the server because of how hard it is to balance the game and listen to suggestions at the same time, and even though that sucks, we just have to go with it.

Agent40 likes this.
  8. Agent40

Famous Youtuber
    i don't like my 200 ping it pisses me off, the only way i was able to fight before without ghosting was with fire mind, now i guess everyones gonna get ghosted the fuck out of <:

9. saracresp

saracresp Well-Known Member Builder

If it takes groups of zombies to kill one human, then they can't be that "strong to begin with". However, with the update I find myself running away from the previously easy-kill enderman because almost all of them have deadman's hand deathstreak >.>

Think humans will win more games once everyone stops killing themselves as soon as the game starts to get more eggs.

10. KingDuder

KingDuder Well-Known Member

Tryharding a block game.
    Wtf are easy-kill endermans? I never heard of those before.

11. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    My highest scorestreak as a rank 6 was 58 due to firemind, a confined space and the loss of feeling in my hand from clicking so much. Either way firemind was op. We nerfed it to nerf humans. Not Titan. That just came as a bonus.

12. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    "Wahhh I cant damage more than 1 infected at a time wahhh...."

Ez, buy frags

13. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

That triple post doh.

14. DaSoccerBoy

DaSoccerBoy Member

I could not agree more. Buffing things to balance the game in my opinion is not the way to do it, because it just makes it harder for new players, and makes the OP people more OP. I appreciate ben's intentions, but buffing things is not the answer, it is what stops new players from playing because it's unfair for them with the big OP people and they just keep dying and dying.

15. psandoval19

psandoval19 Well-Known Member

art prostitute
    Yeah, totally. I prestiged once but never bought anything, so I'm still like a regular rank 3 and it's definitely tough. I expect a challenge because of how vulnerable I am and try to be accepting of that, but new players probably won't stick around for those reasons. People on the server have had the chance to gear themselves up in the past year, reaching prestiges in the low 20s when it took me two years to reach prestige 11 back on SG.

I don't think anyone on this server no-lifed as hard as I did back in the summer of 2013 (in case you would like to know, I spent 6-8 hours daily for 3 months). Yet, they still have their perks and whatnot. Think about a new player to join, the concept is neat but when you have all these different infected kits and classes trying to chomp your head off and tanks not allowing you set 30 paces outside of spawn, you'd get frustrated pretty fast. Having to deal with all that until you can rank up yourself is just exhausting and no longer fun; the majority of them leave as they may not have made friends which can very well be the only reason to stay.

So I completely get why new players go as quickly as they come because it's just... mayhem.

DaSoccerBoy likes this.
  16. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Firemind was originally added to the game for no reason other than that we thought it could be a useful and fun perk that we intended to be balanced. We never added it to nerf infected in any way. Unfortunately, the perk was overpowered and as a result, we made a slight adjustment and put it on a gold sword that would be able to break. After we made this change, we've made a few smaller attempts to nerf it over time, before deciding to redesign the perk.

If it were up to me, firemind wouldn't exist at all and everybody would have their prestige tokens back, however, many people would be more upset about this than it just being nerfed.

I promise that I'll be doing my very best to balance the game to the best of my ability. We are already discussing a way to nerf/redesign dead man's hand and I think that this will fix a lot of the issues surrounding deathstreaks.

Making changes to the server isn't easy. I think we can all acknowledge that there is a problem with the way that MCInfected is balanced, which is why I'm going to recommend that we all work together to come up with solutions and ways to make the game more balanced, and fun for everybody who plays it, no matter what rank you are, while still providing useful and meaningful long term goals.

Instead of telling me that three is a problem, it's time that we start brainstorming a solution so we can fix said problem.

As you know, we take all suggestions to heart, so if you really want the game to be balanced, the best thing you can do is try to figure out how and let us know.

I know that the staff and I will be discussing this, but I want the rest of the community involved, not only so we know that the changes we make to the game are things that we can compromise on, but also things that you want to see changed/added/removed from the game. We can hold a discussion in which we can brainstorm some ideas and changes to help rework MCInfected into an even more amazing game.

If the conversation gets started and goes well, I will move the conversation to a completely different thread so we can compile ideas and actively work to improve the game as a community.

Wack_Attack, Hawk698 and DaSoccerBoy like this.
  17. teegah

teegah Staff Manager Sr. Mod

Zombies and infected in general have never been strong. Ever since this server released, humans have always been on the "winning side." Some reasons that prove this are:
    • Infected scorestreaks did not have strength potions in the scorestreak lineup until now.
    • Most prestige perks are centered around survivors.
    • A lot of the infected kits are weaker than what they were like on Mci 1.
    • Out of the few infected perks there are, most have been weakened down from what they were based on.(ZPower is now just an increase in damage rather than a weapon upgrade.)
    Firemind was never added to counter zombies, it was added because we just thought it would be a cool perk.

To conclude, for this past year, people have been playing mci and have gotten used to the idea of survivors being on top. However now, it's different in that infected have a chance to compete against survivors thus making the game more balanced, and unfortunately this was only possible through buffs, nerfs and changes. IMO this is the way mci is supposed to be played.

18. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I never noticed that it got posted three times until I got a notification that my posts were deleted. Let me just clear that up, I didn't do it to be annoying, it was an accident, the forums where being weird and going up and down, and I may have clicked the post button extra times when I saw that my comment didn't post. Sorry, I would have deleted them myself, but on my screen it showed up as posted once...

19. Wack_Attack

Wack_Attack Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    Home Page:
    The main problem is that ALL perks (except a few) are for humans, we need more prestige perks that can help counter the human perks, here are a few little ideas:
    • Infected perk that causes humans to lose a random grenade they have (1 time use per round), random
    • Infected perk that lets infected teleport to a human of their choice (50% chance of dying instead)
    • Humans can only use 10 perks per round, same for infected (when there are enough)
    • Infected zDemo pro perk that allows infected to choose a grenade from two random given to them, one that is not chosen will vanish
    All I could think of ;3;

20. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I like zDemo pro and the 10 perk rule. 10 perk rule will help with people who have trouble with all their perks