1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for Mci's problem

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by Arkteninepig, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Arkteninepig

Arkteninepig New Member

So ive only recently returned to the game out of curiosity in its state and nostalgia for the gameplay

I decided to check out the forums and see how that was and something ive noticed after reading it was @Soup and his introduction to the problems of the game

What is the problem from what it seems its the lack of new player friendly startup, and the steep power difference between players.

Im not really in the place to be suggesting these but i was playing mci 1.0 a while back and came to this server for just that

Suggestion 1

Prestige selection:
    What is this exactly, well because some players have so much power as a veteran with their many perks i suggest having a way to limit prestige perks, either give each perk a value and players can select perks with a total value of what they can use, ex: firemind could be valued at 2 and the player has a total of 15 points to fill on his selected perks
    This would limit the growing power of prestige players and still keep place for the grind, the concept wouldnt affect something like firesale however

Suggestion 2

Prevent commander camping

What this would be is preventing players from using commander for long periods of time to just improve things like K.D, how could it work well i was thinking of a system where the player wouldnt be allowed to buy mystery chests after a certain level so they could just farm cookies as a commander and then mystery chest spam their way to ranking up high once more, id like to see prestiging as a reset and not the way it is now

Suggestion 3

New player friendly

Now when i rejoined back i was rank 15 so i was at the point of not being too weak or too strong and even at that state with the amount of commanders i was getting mauled to death so quickly at the point where i could barely do anything amd they were just raising their score streaks id like to see a couple of things

1. Make the transition smooth dont plop a new player into a game of such a high skill cieling make new players get little buffs that make them progress faster to ease the distance between veteran and newbie

2. Infected classes
    I dont want them to be easier to get but rather there should be something a new player could unlock after a few days of casual play to use in the game, when i first rejoined this server the difficulty to get some classes was crazy like titan, there should be somethin for new players to get so theyll get variation and remain engaged to the gameplay

Not to sure as to how these ideas would play I just wanted to share my input on the game because I dont want it to collapse,
    feedback is much appreciated hope my ideas could be put into your concideration

MineButcher, Nick, Hypris and 6 others like this.
  2. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    Suggestion 1:
    This isn't something you can implement into a game that has dozens of (valuable) players that have invested weeks of gameplay to getting all of what they have. Although something like the master prestige system was added, it only stalled out the game so it wasn't a big deal.

Suggestion 2:
    Agreed! I think commander camping is one of the biggest problems for new players.

Suggestion 3:
    I'm not sure how you would go about giving new players buffs. Once those buffs are removed they'd just be weak again, and probably become irritated. Imagine having a perk one minute and never seeing it again. Players in the past have suggested a separate server that only new players can join until they reach prestige 1, but this couldn't be done due to low player count.

As for infected classes, both vampire and enderman are pretty easy to unlock, they're practically free kits.

Also, congratulations on making the 70,000th post!!?? http://forum.pm-mc.com/threads/ideas-for-mcis-problem.9875/#post-70000

Wombo likes this.
  3. Arkteninepig

Arkteninepig New Member

Thank you for your response, for

suggestion
    1 i see that itd be unfair for veterans to lose their buffs but the other way i see it is at some point the amount of stuff they have is too much compared to that of new players, just threw a suggestion out there i dont expect it to work to well, but at this point there are so many prestige perks and a way to avoid this level gap would be needed at some point, and either way if something like this were to be implimented i'd see it not having too much of a limit on the amount of perks you use, just a small limit

Suggestion 2: glad to see we have an agreement

Suggestion 3: maybe it could work this way, they get something like a reward for completing the tutorial or you know an incentive to take the effort to join the community, and get personal boosters at the start, its hard to find any other way to allow new players unless you fix external problems like commander camping and such a large level difference

Woah didnt know i made the 70,000th post 0-0

As for the infected classes yeah vamp and endy are easy but itd be useful to have something for players to get really early off into their start kind of like when you play a multi charachter game and your awarded a new basic charachter at the start

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Rockin likes this.
  4. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Everything sounds like a horrible idea. But again, our situation itself is horrible, If we were to truly make it a balanced and simple game we'd have to nerf just about everything in the shop, which some players would rather have small pox than give up their perks.

Dat_Skeleton likes this.
  5. Arkteninepig

Arkteninepig New Member

Thats why we'll have to slowly simplify the game, and sure the players have worked hard to get their perks but like i said before at some point its too much, if the players dont get their power limited to a reasonable extent the new players are going to continue to leave, for suggestion 1 i dont see it capping off at a few perks but i thought of it just stopping you from using every perk to prevent power difference, the players could still earn the perks and use them, just not all at once

MutatedGrape likes this.
  6. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    "If we were to make an MCI now, I have no doubt that it would be an incredible, awesome game. Unfortunately, redacting the work that we've done to MCI in its current state would not bode well for the server and its players. As much as we'd like to make huge design changes to MCI, the only way I could ever see this being feasible is by releasing an entirely new MCI." -Maxben34

MutatedGrape, Jimme, maxben34 and 2 others like this.
  7. Arkteninepig

Arkteninepig New Member

Oh he said that, hmm that makes a big difference but the game itself has had little changes before, guess only thing the server can do now is little changes in that case if big changes are too risky

8. Valoured

Valoured Member

Shredded Cheese Authority
    As for suggestion 2: I hate ranking up slowly and so do a few other players. Granted, it's fun every once in a while but every player (Especially new players) should have the chance to stay at the commander rank for a little bit of time to learn tanking and experiencing not dying at the start of each game. Just my opinion, I don't completely disagree with this. It only ruins the chaos strategy for ranking up.

9. Arkteninepig

Arkteninepig New Member

Yeah true they should be able to learn the basics

10. MineButcher

MineButcher Well-Known Member

Increasing Forum activites
    Home Page:
    I agree with #2 somewhat, as long as the time is reasonable, like 7 days or something.

god these posts are old, ive been far too busy