1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

It's time..

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by HaleStorm, Oct 10, 2017.

1. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Active Member

Failing School
    Well, it's time. This is the post that you have all been waiting for! MCI is dead. Not just MCI but Project Mayhem in general. Something needs to happen. I want to play the server, I really do, but every day I get on I see 2-6 players on the server. Then I realize that they are all on the build server. Doing what??? Building the next big map that will save Project Mayhem forever!!! You get my point. PM is dead.

I know the staff team, especially Ben and Jackson, have heard "Where is the plan you guys are talking about? Where is it!?!?" And I'm going to say the same thing. Where is it?? You guys are gonna wait too long and then it will be too late. No one will want to play the server anymore. (Sorry for picking on you guys) When Ben said in his video "We are not at a last ditch effort."(or something like that) Well, we are now. Look, I'm not saying something needs to happen right now, but if the anni update doesn't "revive" the server. All I can say then is good luck and farewell.

I have talked to a few people and they say "Well the anni is coming up. Just wait!!" OK, I understand that the anni will bring up the player count, but for how long??? Two weeks? People have to understand that this isn't the first anni update. There has been a lot before this one, and look how the server is now. DEAD! This update should be more than challenges to make humans more op. There needs to be something new. Please, I'm begging you. DON'T FUCK THIS UP. I rest my case.

(Don't take this the wrong way. I just thought my opinions should be shared. Mods don't hate!)

InPepeWeTrust and Hoozier like this.
  2. IceyLightning

IceyLightning New Member

GOOD DONT COME BACK NOOB BAD AND EZ nC L

Bacon and HaleStorm like this.
  3. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

We have a plan (at least in regards to updates and gamemode releases) that we expect to help bring back some of our older players shortly after the anniversary update is over.

We're currently evaluating options for advertising and more recently have been in talks with some large YouTubers regarding interest in some of our gamemodes. We'll see what happens. I'm hopeful, but there's always a lot of uncertainty involved.

Project Mayhem isn't dead until Jackson and I give up on it. We haven't given up yet and neither should you or anybody else in the community!

4. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

The server can hardly maintain 10 people, the community is saying otherwise.

I'll always support the server, just don't have the time anymore.

5. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    We are always working on the build server, it could be on a map, it could be on anything to be frank. When people do come on, we usually switch from the build server to mci until we either have to leave or grow bored and go back to our projects.

If you ask me (or possibly another builder/staff) I would come on unless I have been directed to work by ewald.

The mods are usually on build to talk to us because there is nothing else to do because the gamemodes have no players.

superliasse, Jimme and HaleStorm like this.
  6. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Active Member

Failing School
    That’s not always true, whenever I try to get on to play I see like 6 players on and all of them are on the build server. If those 6 people went to MCI or another gamemode then people could actually play those. But when people get on all they see if 0 people on their favorite gamemode and then immediately disconnect.

7. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    I do see your point, we could get mcinfected started with the 6 of us but we cannot always be on to boost the player count, the build server is usually filled up with 2 or 3 builders working most of the time on projects that we would like completed (like i've been working on a 9 month map and I do want that done whenever I have time).

On build there will be the occasional couple of mods as well, the point that i'm trying to make here is that there is no point people from build wasting atleast 10-20 minutes trying to get mci more players when its only us 6 and no others, we could get off the build server when there is atleast say...3 people on mci or more to make 9 players on mcinfected then it would be worthwhile because people will see and say "Hey mci has got 9 players, i'll join that because it has a good amount of players for a game".

Message us, if you know people are on build then /msg them, ask if they want to get mci started. You haven't said whether you messaged them to come on or not. This might also be the reason, there is usually a high player count on build because we usually join Build and start building because there is practically no one on cant see how many people are on Mci until we go to hub or the build server restarts.

8. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    what about having 4 builders on mci to get it started while 2 are in the build server

lordslaughter20 and HaleStorm like this.
  9. Vickebyggare

Vickebyggare Well-Known Member

Home (next to the neighbor)
    I can't see the problem here. You two are basically saying that Builders should join mcinfected instead of being of the build server. First, it's not on the Builders or Moderators that for example, mci doesn't have enough players to start a game. You can't demand that they should play mcinfected with you just because they are on the server if you do message them (which I encourage you to) they would most likely join and play for a while.

As you probably can tell this time of the year is very busy for the staff and the build team. From what Ben has said I believe this anniversary is going to be something extra so I can imagine they are super busy. And when you have things to do it's all about prioritizing, if you have some large build project going with a strict deadline I'd personally do that before doing something else.

Things on the build server aren't created for today it's for tomorrow. You ask what they are doing.. Probably saving the future.

10. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    im not saying they should be, i was simply stating that they could play mci if they choose.

HaleStorm likes this.