1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Kit Expiration Change

Discussion in 'Search and Destroy Discussion' started by CommanderBox, Jul 21, 2016.

?

Do you think this is fair and should be added?

1. Yes I think this is fair for all players.

80.0%
  2. This should be added, But changed a little.

10.0%
  3. The idea is ok. But I don't think it should be added.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No I don't think this is fair.

10.0%
  1. CommanderBox

CommanderBox ☮ Senior Peacekeeper Mod ☮ Sr. Mod

Killing with Kindness
    Suggestion name: Kit Expiration Change.

What gamemode is it for: Search and Destroy.

What does your suggestion do: Changes the idea of purchasable Kits expiring. To, The higher your donation rank. The less the initial purchase of the kit would be. However in order to balance this out a little, Kits might cost more then the normal 10000 Credits, For some Ranks/No Ranks.

Pros of your suggestion: Gives everyone (Excluding Mayhem+) A chance to permanently purchase their favorite Class/Kit. Also gives non Mayhem+ players peace of mind, Knowing that their hard work will pay off, Perhaps raising player count.

Cons of your suggestion: Slightly lowers the overall value of Mayhem+, And amount of time people might spend on Search and Destroy. Seeing as with this add-on. You could "own" all the kits without them ever expiring.

Example of how it could look in game: You would click to purchase a kit like Boomerang. And if you had no donation rank. It would cost something like 20000 Credits. If you had Spaz. It would cost 17500 Credits. Crazy would cost 15000 Credits. And Maniac would cost 12500. I think you get the idea. ;)

Other information: It's pretty obvious that Search and Destroy isn't the most "Popular" Game-mode on the server. But it sure as hell is fun. But with the constant flux in player count, And kits expiration dates never changing. It can be really hard for a normal players to actually keep and upgrade kits that are not the normal ones. Without completely committing themselves to Search and Destroy whenever there's enough players for it to actually start. With this change. It would make it so no matter the player count or change in the person playing's schedule. If they put in the hard work. They could keep and upgrade the kits they want. Along with keeping a reason for people who play SND to buy ranks, (Disreguarding what may come up in the future :D) As all kits would cost much less depending on the Rank.

Jimme, Hypris, Nick and 6 others like this.
  2. Bilbocable

Bilbocable ☃ Hobbit Mod ☃ Going On An Adventure ☃ Moderator

Being on an adventure.
    Home Page:
    So, summarized in a few words, your suggestion is to buy kits rather than unlocking them for a while?

3. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Ruffino Ristorante Italiano.
    I do agree with this, I love the gamemode, but as you said low player count. This might do alittle bit, I hate that you have to buy the kit again and again. It's a pain in the ass if you want to save the credits for other stuff.

4. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I might come back to project mayhem if snd becomes popular. I'm just bored of mci

Pokemaniac likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    I think you should be able to buy the kit for a month AND buy the kit permanently. Obviously buying it for a month would cost less so you can try it out. Great idea though, commander box, if this gets added in then probably more people would play. It is very fun and it is annoying that next to nobody ever plays it.

CommanderBox likes this.
  6. CommanderBox

Killing with Kindness
    My original idea was actually to make it so you could purchase like a trial for the kit for a week for something like 2000 credits. And if you wanted to buy it, It would cost the normal price of 10000 credits or so.

But using the method I showed in my suggestion means that Donation ranked users get something out of SND as well. If we just made it 10000 to purchase and 2000 to try it out. There's not really any in between that donators and take advantage of. Thus lowering the value of ALL donation ranks. Not just a small change to Mayhem+.

7. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    Bette than paying 10k tokens to use a kit once

8. CommanderBox

Killing with Kindness
    Yeah that's pretty much it. All players and Donators but Mayhem+ will benefit from this change in my opinion.

One of the issues is that when you get to the higher levels of upgrading a kit, You have to have around 25k and 50k credits. But you always have to save around 10k credits extra in-case the time limit runs out and you want to keep playing the kit.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Nick likes this.
  9. Erikpiplup

Erikpiplup Active Member

I like this. It seems so pointless to spend a few months or so worth in credits only to have the kit taken away.

Nick and Wombo like this.