1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important MCI 3.0 Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, May 24, 2018.

1. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Hey Mayhemians,

I'm excited to announce MCI 3.0 is in production. Over the next few weeks we'll be doing a series of "proposal sets", where we break down and announce a set of planned features for MCI 3.0 and ask you guys for your feedback. Our goal for this process is to be as transparent as possible and to work with you guys to make sure that MCI 3.0 is something we can all be proud of and can all be incredibly excited to play upon release.

The first proposal set will be released this Friday, and they'll be released either on a weekly or bi-weekly basis depending upon the status of development. The first proposal set will be on the topic of the Infected System which includes infected classes.

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of questions about this decision and what it means for the future of Project Mayhem, so I'm going to answer questions asked below. We also want your thoughts on this, so please tell us what you think. Please avoid asking questions related to the specifics of MCI 3.0 features, as these will be answered as we release our proposal sets.

Here's a quick Q&A for the questions that I expect will be on all of your minds.

Q: Will there be a stat reset on MCI 3.0?

A: Yes. We feel that at this point, it is in our best interest to reset stats on MCI 3.0. I know that this means that I'm changing my mind from my previous stance on this issue, but the release of MCI 3.0 shouldn't be thought of as a large MCI 2.0 update; we want it to be thought of as its own game, because it is.

Q: Will MCI 2.0 be removed from the server upon the release of MCI 3.0?

A: Yes.

Q: Will other games be removed from the server upon the release of MCI 3.0?

A: Yes, we plan on removing Agar.io and Slither.io as well as Time is Money, and Arsenal. S&D may remain on the server, we're still yet to decide, your feedback on this would be very much appreciated below.

Q: How will we advertise and get players?

A: Our plan to advertise is still in the work but the first line of attack in regards to advertising is this very community. If you're a player that's currently inactive, your return to the server upon release is something that we hope happens. We also hope that the community's morale skyrockets. By the time of release, we'll hope to have more to say about this. Advertising isn't easy when we're running at a loss. Your support will be invaluable to ensuring that advertising efforts are worthwhile and can actually occur.

We'd love your feedback on this announcement as well as the idea of doing these proposal sets over the coming weeks.

-maxben34

2. ItzCqnadian

ItzCqnadian Active Member Builder

Reading this thread made me so happy! I hope that PM becomes popular again. I just have one question though, since its a whole new game and such (including the stats reset), will people who bought ranks keep their ranks? Or will there be a new set of ranks?

Nitromaniac likes this.
  3. maxben34

People will keep their purchased ranks (and their boosters), but ranks may give different rewards and boosters may not work as they once did. More info to come.

Draconium likes this.
  4. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    Will there be any compensation for the people who spent their time on games that are being removed, not just mci 2.0?

Agent40 likes this.
  5. maxben34

Similar to when FearSG and Mayhem Mania were removed players will not receive compensation but do have plans to add something for players who spent a lot of time on MCI 2.0.

Godis_27 likes this.
  6. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

no

gotem

Elementlover10 likes this.
  7. NSure

NSure New Member

Hi, no one knows me, but I have been an MCInfected player since minecraft version 1.2.5 - I am very excited for this as I really did think you guys gave up on this gamemode. (I was actually in the process of creating my own version of MCInfected, which is about 65% in completion) I am relieved that you guys are active on making this gamemode revamped and hopefully better. I will definitely become an active player again after this gets launched :) If you need source code, pm me, as I was developing a gamemode similar to this on my own time, I added a little twist on some perks if you want any ideas. Cheers!

8. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

They told me it wouldn’t happen

They told me to give up

They were wrong

We did it boys, we really did it. #teamreset

Thank you Ben

9. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    All for it but personally I think the name MCInfected 3.0 shouldn’t be used as well it’s just yeah and people will see it as yeah ok the same thing again most likely but if it was given a name like MCInfected: Last stand as it just seem cooler the cool 3.0

10. YellowTehMinerz

YellowTehMinerz Active Member

Doing things
    I just have a few questions, First of all, will the bans be reset upon release of MCI 3.0? Secondly, will this be a chance to remove or change the things the community hates the most such as turkey? Lastly, if S&D is removed will the hub be removed and if the hub is removed what will happen to things like chaos will they just be removed?
    Thanks for updating the game and getting the communities opinion on things!

mocharaven likes this.
  11. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert and Hentai Enthusiast
    On my gaming chair making PM-MC hentai and memes
    I'm gonna start making meme batches again now that MCI is coming back ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Giblitoe, Nick, MineButcher and 17 others like this.
  12. maxben34

I'm not sure if we want to reset bans. We'll definitely discuss this as this isn't something we've thought of yet. I'm willing to consider the prospect of this.

This is a chance to remove or change things that the community doesn't like. To be clear, most of the things that the community doesn't like are things we're not too happy with either!

We don't plan on removing the hub at this moment. We do want to simplify and streamline things as much as possible though.

Draconium and YellowTehMinerz like this.
  13. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    Ok.

This honestly makes me angry, you can't just neglect your game and then just run away from all problems by removing it... As I stated many times before, the only thing the community sees is 'Advertising is being worked on' and other promises that never were kept. Players literally got tricked in staying.

Anyways, I'm probably not going to play anymore, I will check everything out for sure but I just refuse to go through all of this again.

ps: I sat here for 30mins before I knew what to say...

14. maxben34

We're not running away from our problems. We've decided that the best course of action is to fix the problems that plague MCI 2.0 and that the best way to do this is to release MCI 3.0.

I like this idea. We'll talk about doing this, but for now we'll call it 3.0 and consider different names.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2018
  15. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Just some questions which I didn’t ask because I didn’t think of them.

If all but SnD and Mci are removed what is there a possibility that we could see Mixed Arcade added as a permanent gamemode once Mci 3.0 is fully complete due to Mixed Arcade having some gamemodes that don’t require PvP aspects.

Is there a Possibility that the global leveling system will get reworked to possibly have rewards at set levels etc so that it’s more worthwhile to join and do challenges?

How heavily will comminity opinions come into to play with the new features etc?

16. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

I'm totally down for joining once again. If it feels like a fresh new server where I can make new experiences, then I'm all for this reset.

17. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    I feel like this is a good idea now compared to when it was first brought up. Before resetting the server seemed like an idea that would make everything worse... But lets be honest the only direction the server can go now is up after hitting rock bottom.

Things I'd like to see with MCI 3.0 however, would be of course the full release of Mixed Arcade. If MCI 3.0, SnD, and Mixed Arcade were the only gamemodes I feel like the server would do great again.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I’m trying
    bUt I sPeNt So MuCh TiMe On HeRe I FeEl ChEaTeD rEfUnD mE

Love it. Good job guys we did it

19. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    Let’s face it. Mci 2.0 was an absolutely broken game that wasn’t getting updated. I feel that Ben is absolutely doing the right thing here. He’s being very transparent and creating the new game mode based on how the COMMUNITY wants it. Good on you Ben. Words cannot describe how hyped I am for Mci 3.0. SO happy that there’s gonna be a stats reset. :)

20. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    Something that won't be added to a later donor package?