1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important MCI 3.0 Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, May 24, 2018.

1. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    This is just my say, but banned players should stay banned, unless proven otherwise. There is so much more better compromises than a "global unban," so I'll give in my suggestion.

What I think we should do is have banned players have the privilege to appeal their bans again. You screw up, you ask for another chance. Going to an extreme was the reason most players got permanently banned, most can be easily avoided, so if they're expected to avoid punishment, they should at least do the easier task of an appeal.

Rockin and Draconium like this.
  2. Who am I

Who am I Member

New server give everyone a second chance.

BitHyper likes this.
  3. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

Agreed. But I do see what other people are saying. Once again, maxben and other administrators probably have some type of idea on bans hidden in a locked safe. :)

4. scapecrafter

scapecrafter Member

Minecraft PvP
    Home Page:
    s0 where dem weekly updates we were pr0mised Lull *flashbacks t0 mixed arcade release+update*
    #s00n b0is, my predicti0n is in a year 0r a junky mci 2.0 reskin in 5 0r less m0nths –"o" key brcke );

5. ImWithSmart

ImWithSmart ImWithMod Moderator

That One Guy Who Likes To Explore The Lobby & Mod
    Roaming Discord And The Wastes Of The Build Server
    Home Page:

6. Vanilla_Pop

Vanilla_Pop New Member

Are the rank awards for people who have spent a lot of time on the game based on actual time spent on the server playing or is it based on overall rank? Are we going to know what the rank threshold is for the rewards?

7. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    People change. It's a fresh game, I think they deserve to be unbanned. Just look at yourself, how were you 2 years ago? Probably way different than now. If I look back, there is a lot of thing I did of which I now think, 'wtf was I doing'. We're all, at least most of us, in the process of growing up. And we all make mistakes. I know that sounds cliche, but I hope I made my point clear.

Ps: For everyone that doesn't know me, no I have never been banned for hacking (but let's not talk about spawntanking :rolleyes:). So this is my unbiased opinion.

8. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

r̯͖̳̾̀̒̈́͑̍͛ȏ̿̔̉̑k̍͊̃̉̈́̾̈̆̕͞ȉ̡̃͑͂̔̾͘͘n̨̪͎̮̍̇͒́̄͠͠
    He was just saying that all banned player should appeal before being unbanned, asking for another chance. Like I said, this would stop the issue of players coming back just to hack again.

MutatedGrape and Draconium like this.
  9. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    Yeah, but what about the people that haven’t changed? I understand that people can change for the better. But, as grape was saying, let them all appeal! Those who legitimately care about the server will appeal. Those who don’t, wont. It’s as simple as that.

MutatedGrape likes this.
  10. Claw

Claw Active Member

I agree, 100%. I’ve been banned several times, and am currently permanently banned, irreversible at this point. There are many other people that are in this same boat as I am, being banned. I agree with the opinion that if you wish to play on the server again, shoot your shot at an appeal. This gives people a more than chance a being unbanned, appropriate to the circumstances of their ban taken into account.

P.S. I’m aware that the way I worded this thread, makes it look like I feel that I deserve to be unbanned. I’m completely fine, and the ban is 100% justified and there is nothing to argue about it. As I said, it is irreversible and deserved and I am in no way trying to be unbanned whatsoever.

11. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

If you want to play on the server and are willing to be improve your behavior, most likely they'll unban you even now. I'm pretty sure. I mean, if Lividcoffeebean can appeal a perma mute 80 times then I'm sure you're fine as long as you pledge to follow the rules.

12. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert and Hentai Enthusiast
    On my gaming chair making PM-MC hentai and memes
    One of the things I don’t think you can get unbanned for is charging back, but don’t quote me on that I’m not 100% sure.

13. Claw

Claw Active Member

Not looking to be unbanned or anything like that, and yeah to what creeper is saying, you can’t be unbanned for chargebacks it’s under tos

14. JOKOKE

JOKOKE New Member

Damnnn its been a long time since i dont do anything on the server, but i would like to tell you ben that i am glad u finally decided to take action on this matter, like other players about 2 or 1 year ago we thought that a change like this had to be done but u were very stubborn about it. i mean what u had to lose at that point? i mean almost nothing, but u can gain a lot. I tried to put less words to explain my thoughts but my closest friends on this server already knew them. I MAY BE BACK, not sure depending on who is back as well.
    PD: I dont mind if i get corrected for my bad writing but for whoever does let me tell you that writing is one of my weakest points.

This is off-topic but when i used to play during the golden age of MCI 2 i never used the sprint key to pvp :/ so this time it will be a lot harder to beat me. i still have one of the worst ping on the server compare to the usa or canadians, funny thing is that no one told me to use the sprint key to pvp :( maybe because thats basic of basics idk lols.

Now this is on topic, now comes the hardest decision Ben (At least for me it is) what to remove And/Or add from the previous MCI

Regards and Take Care Boyas

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2018
  15. Godis_27

Godis_27 New Member

What will happen with Chaos and buying cookies with them? Will Chaos be resetted aswell?

16. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

this has been answered multiple times just go thru every page of the thread

17. Godis_27

Godis_27 New Member

When will the release of the 3.0 update happen?

18. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    Whenever jack is finished coding it. Who knows when that will be. They said about a month ago that it could take to months. But with how busy ben and jack is, I predict it will take much longer.

Godis_27 likes this.
  19. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Ruffino Ristorante Italiano.
    So don't get me wrong here, I think that it should be a reset for the punishments at some level, but seriously? I think if you reset the kicks and mutes but keep the bans. As bans are handed out for a reason, they are handed out to the players who affect the game so much it makes it not enjoyable. So let's just forget about them ruining the experience of others? No, if you do something that bad it should leave a permanent mark behind so it won't be repeated.

Banned players should get the chance to apply, not get unbanned.

Let's not forget that this isn't Project Mayhem 2.0, they are just reworking MCI to make it better and more enjoyable to us the community.
    Just because a ''new game mode'' will come out doesn't mean the actions you have done will be forgotten and erased.

Garth, Timelord_Ryan, Rockin and 9 others like this.
  20. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Ben said recently it should hopefully be out within 2 months.

superliasse likes this.