1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important MCI 3.0 Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, May 24, 2018.

1. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    1, I was talking about time relative to the topic, I was talking about time relative to my person. I was busy and still am busy to give a more detailed response.

2, the word Private doesn't have a subjective meaning, when I talk about a private server I am talking about smaller communities within a certain bigger community having secluded access to their own servers (You know, the types of server you would be on for different games or areas of life). This isn't to say that Project Mayhem mightn't flourish because it (at the current point it time) has a smaller community or that it also won't flourish due to a hoped influx in people on release. I also wasn't arguing that a different program would lead to "disaster" as you liked to put it, I made a single statement that showed I didn't have the time or interest to post at the current point of time.
    Also bringing "which leads me to believe you have used Discord very little" into this is just kind of sad. Just because I didn't want to go into specifics doesn't mean my knowledge is lacking in a certain area. As you know all VoIP programs have the same mentality, If there are more people online, more people are willing to join, If there are little people on, people who come don't see the point in staying. This is why I'd say discord has worked so well, because it allows people who can't be pissed to type away instead of actually interacting with one another vocally bringing the whole moral of the situation down. Two very good examples of this would be Savage Game's public discord (Skybounds) and TheHive's public discord (Hivemc). If you don't believe me, go check then out for yourself, they both have hundreds if not thousands of players online at a time with only 4 people max in the voice chats while everyone else is actively typing away. Now as I said before (and don't get me wrong), this can be seen as a negative or positive, I just see it has a negative.

3, I don't think you quite saw the point I was going for there, but you sure as well proved it right.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Bacon likes this.
  2. superliasse

superliasse Member

#keepmedic

Rockin and lordslaughter20 like this.
  3. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Well-Known Member

The name says it all
    This man is the wisest among us. He shall make all the decisions on behalf of the community for Mci 3

HaleStorm and superliasse like this.
  4. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    Yeah this is exactly what I mean, I'm glad you can move past what you're used to.

Sidenote(s)
    We had a skype, but skype is overrun with russian bots and has a 35 member limit.

Also I know you were probably joking about the NSFW and memerator role, but one of those is actually not impossible:
    upload_2018-6-2_14-53-0.png

How am I supposed to understand your points if you have no time at all to develop them? Aside that, you did bring up a good point about discord groups having people more active on the text channels than the voice channels, this is due to many reasons, but the biggest I'd say is conditioning, many discord groups with thousands of people show this behavior, probably because the server is so big, nobody knows each other. Aside from that, lots of people on discord don't have a mic, and I'm sure they'd be happy not to be discluded from the community platform for this reason. The community of pm is already conditioned to joining chats full of people, so I doubt the discord group would be full of people who don't like talking. I like that discord doesn't force you to talk with a mic, this factor turns a lot of people off from teamspeak.

5. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    I'm not for Discord so much on this, Rod put out reasons why he opted for Discord over Teamspeak, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the case for the majority of active players, or was active until they simply got bored- ignoring what client was being used. Additionally, there were (and still are) players on Teamspeak that have their mics disabled, players can still join without a mic, the big difference is just that you're expected to use your voice to communicate, you aren't "forced" to talk, I myself didn't speak at first when using Teamspeak, but I went along and spoke to players in the end. Discord users on the other hand, tend to have many channels on their list, being inactive in almost all of them. Project Mayhem would likely be just another channel waving off the side of most Discord users, it would ward off our players looking at how much more servers are available for them to use that are more popular than Project Mayhem.

Discord really is very convenient for all the previous factors pointed out, but at the same time, a player is 99% likely not going to use Discord their 2nd day if you simply tell them we have a Discord server, and at the point of dedication for using Discord, you might as well use Teamspeak. It should be kept simple, where Discord is only created once the vast majority of players want a Discord.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  6. Xpit500

Xpit500 Member

Discord is definitely a way that this could go, it’s more familiar with a wider audience, it is simple to use and it’s free on phones but I think that I’m more on the side for keeping teamspeak... for now.

The inner community that plays on Project Mayhem have adapted to using teamspeak as a main means of communication. The inner community is the majority of players which means that teamspeak should be kept as the communication simply because everyone is used to it and have lived with it for as long as they have been on project mayhem and I don’t think it’s too much of a hassle for new commers to download teamspeak and use that. Even if it was to much of a hassle they are not going to stop playing because of it.

In conclusion we should still use teamspeak but if the server becomes very popular we might want to have a look at discord. Anyway that’s what I think, disagree if you please.

CloudsPvP likes this.
  7. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I think the mentality of "if the server becomes popular x" is very flawed, you can't plan for success without actually doing things to get there.

MutatedGrape, Frogged, Hss and 3 others like this.
  8. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    This thread
    upload_2018-6-3_23-40-36.gif

Also now that this gif has captured your attention, I think it’s time to discuss the wonders of Skype

Frogged, lobster, CloudsPvP and 4 others like this.
  9. MangyMangoe

MangyMangoe Active Member

A Mango
    I’m elated to hear this news. I hope the server will be popular as it once was before, and that everything will go well! Also, will unused store coupons be transferred as well?

10. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

good old skype. back when i had 2 accounts 500+ friends on both...

11. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    *cough* Firefalling *cough*

MangyMangoe and XrayGodzilla like this.
  12. RiolDeal

RiolDeal New Member

This is awesome! Something we’ve needed for quite sometime and I’m super excited to get back into it and learn all the new mechanics and hopefully new maps!

Just one little thing I want to see changed.. K/D ratio should be separated from infected and survivors so that dying over and over as infected won’t just ruin your K/D. Very minor detail but just a random idea I had to not encourage so many people going afk when infected.

13. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    just saw this i might come back and play mci 2 just to remember how it was before the new one comes out

superliasse and MangyMangoe like this.
  14. Vosch_

Vosch_ New Member

Bans reset aswell? Many players would be back and would give us all a second chance as project mayhem has been a server for quite some time now, we've all had our mistakes in the past and would love to join Project Mayhem once again. Very sorry for everything, as I was a foolish kid myself a year ago. Hopefully this can happen, kind regards, Vosch.

This announcement does bring a lot of excitement to me especially because I've noticed a drastic change in the playerbase and I thought the owners gave up, but I am now corrected! Hopefully this action can be taken in consideration! Thanks.

15. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    If people are unbanned, only let players come back only after tolerable reputation and a good ban appeal? I don't want to come back just to find 13 closet hackers in mci.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Jacob76598 and Rod337 like this.
  16. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    Honestly I doubt most banned players could care less about a random server they hacked on being rebooted a year or two later. I know there are a few that do, but if they were to just create a request thread it would be a bit less messy than ALL banned players suddenly being welcome again...

17. Mattobro55

Mattobro55 New Member

when will it be released?

18. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

That will be put in an announcement, i assume they have no set date until then

19. Vosch_

Vosch_ New Member

I see what you mean, but im not banned for hacking .-., and I the reason I got banned wasn't my fault at all. This happened like two years ago

20. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    Exactly. You’re one of the few, not many. So it would be cleaner just to submit a request or something.