1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important MCI 3.0 Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, May 24, 2018.

1. Da_tank

Da_tank New Member

Hey I was wondering if people that were banned become unbanned because I haven’t played mci in about 2 years

BitHyper likes this.
  2. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

I agree with you!

3. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

May i ask what there is to agree with?

4. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

I agree with his question on the banned players can get a ban reset :)

Nitromaniac likes this.
  5. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

What's your reasoning behind this?

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I’m trying
    I don’t think banned players should be allowed to be honest, because what if they cheat again? I don’t trust them.

That’s just me though.

MutatedGrape, Agent40 and Izay0i like this.
  7. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

I got banned 3 years ago for something I didn't want to happen. Maxben does know and we were friends until this happened. We talked on skype and more.

I see what you're saying but Project Mayhem has been a server for a while now and since they're going through a HUGE update, why not give everyone a second chance to test out the new project mayhem. Some people hack because the server is really boring and they could care less if they get banned, but MCI 3.0 could give everyone a chance to test out the server. Project Mayhem also hires moderators for a reason ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2018
  8. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert and Hentai Enthusiast
    On my gaming chair making PM-MC hentai and memes
    I mean he has a point. Lots of people started hacking because of how boring it got at times. Plus we have a team of moderators for a reason. If they do start hacking again just hit them with a ban, problem solved. It’s not as if an army of hackers is going to arrise if every previously banned player are given another chance.

9. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Really don't think that the hackers being bored is valid justification for the offense... it's easy to not be destructive towards other people's enjoyment simply because of your own reasons.

Agent40, Izay0i and CREEPER__1 like this.
  10. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert and Hentai Enthusiast
    On my gaming chair making PM-MC hentai and memes
    I’m not trying to justify being bored as a valid reason to hack. In under any circumstances there shouldn’t be a valid reason to ruin other people’s experiences through being bored.I mean we all do really stupid things we will regret, and I agree there must be consequences that come with those stupid decisions. I’m just saying, what’s so bad about giving them another chance? People change over time, and some don’t. If they want to be dumbasses and hack again that’s on them. However, I think most people who have hacked might actually find an interest in the gamemode again since it’s being revamped. Again, I don’t see many bad things coming from an unbanning or previously banned players. The worst I can foresee happening is a couple of hackers coming back and forcing the staff team to work a little bit harder, but how many staff members do we have now? Like over 10? Just my thoughts, but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal and I see where people may disagree with me.

Agent40 and psandoval19 like this.
  11. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

I'm not disagreeing. I was banned for fly hacks in the hub a while ago. I would just hate to see people getting unbanned only to come back and cheat more discreetly. I imagine that would be a small minority, though.

12. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

Thank you for backing me up a bit and understanding. Much appreciated man <3 :)

HaleStorm likes this.
  13. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    I imagine that banned players will be given an opportunity to be unbanned via ban appeal, as long as they promise to stay clean. This would probably stop any/most players that want to come on to simply hack again. I support giving second chances, I heavily abused glitches and constantly cheated on super gaming, but have never done so on Project Mayhem unless I was messing around with players while only 4 of us were on. I came into 2.0 and completely changed, and I know there's a lot of players that have done the same.

14. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

Yes, but like my appeal will never get me unbanned. I am banned for a different reason which is why we need a global ban reset. Not just hackers.

chessgeek10 likes this.
  15. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    Ok, after reading this whole situation and opinion on banned players I'm going to have to put in my argument and say I completely disagree with the idea of a "Global Ban Reset". There are so many issues with a "Global Ban Reset" it's not funny. I think what you're attempting to say in finer detail is that all the people that only have 1 offense and were permanently banned for one occasion should be unbanned. If so then, yes I believe this too. But all the people who have hacked and purposefully harmed the server on multiple occasions shouldn't ever have a chance at being unbanned ever (whether it be an Account Ban or IP Ban). These people shouldn't get a second chance for something they did 1-3 years ago and you want to know why? Because they were already given a second chance, and on some occasions a multitude of chances. The whole concept of a "Global Ban Reset" is in all honesty plain stupid. If people are going to be unbanned they should have a minimum of 1 permanent bans to date.

16. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

Hey Agent! I used to watch your MCI videos until MCI started to slow down a bit. I liked the content and looking forward to the MCI 3.0 vids. But I really do see what you're saying. For me, I got banned 3 years ago. Not due to hacking nor advertising. I didn't want the situation to happen, but at the time, I was really young. (13 years old). I really didn't know what I was doing but yes if you had to ask me what I got banned for, it's chargeback. My parents later got mad at me and chargebacked the money I spent on project mayhem. I was really disappointed about this situation, but there was nothing I could do since I was 13 yrs old. I really hope I could get unbanned because really, I don't really play MC besides Project Mayhem or if I'm a moderator on a good server. So people in situations like me should get unbanned because 1. MCI 2.0 has been out for a hella long time. We've all had our mistakes in the past. And I can admit, when my friend told me about hacks 3 years ago, I hacked on mineplex and other servers because I thought it was so cool and no one could stop me. But yes, later on I found out and stopped. But that experience of hacking felt so good because I was a kid at that time and I thought I was unstoppable. And 2. Like I said before, Project Mayhem hires Moderators for a reason. Without any hackers or rule breakers, what are they here for? This means if the Ban Reset happens, moderators will have to be more active online for the first couple weeks of the new MCI 3.0. But who knows, maxben and the administrators have their mysterious ideas sitting in a locked safe. :)

HaleStorm likes this.
  17. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 Well-Known Member

Cow
    A few years ago I would have argued strongly against a mass unban.
    But once I'd seen various servers implement something like this, my mind was changed.

I think people incorrectly predict the effects of a global unban. The whole concept of a mass unban sounds like it'll create a free-for-all hackfest, but strangely it's not what people expect. Think about this over an individual level.

In my experience, hackers fall under one of two categories. Those who use server lists to join server after server using conspicuous hacked clients without care of any bans, and the experienced players who try to silently gain an advantage. Banned players of the first type wouldn't care about a mass unban on a server they probably don't remember; they'll never return other than by pure coincidence. Players of the second type most likely have experienced regret in some form after their permanent ban and have learned from their mistake. If they aren't currently in regret, they'd have forgotten about Project Mayhem by now.

Of course, there are more types of bans than just hackers. But it seems to me that most other bans come from actions that result from misunderstandings, formalities, and impulsive behavior, and I don't really see the need to hold a grudge with these types of bans. However I think it's important to note that anyone who has takes serious interest in endangering the success of the server (DDOS, etc.) should be an exception, and remain blacklisted as the unban takes effect.

MCInfected 3.0 isn't just a way for Ben to start over, but a fresh start for all. I'd like to think of it as a different server altogether, and that means one without lasting bans. It's weird to say this, but I think a mass unban could benefit the server's popularity upon release in a positive way.

18. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

Wow, did not know I could start such a big conversation. I like it though and I thank everyone that participated and brought out many ideas and information on the Ban Reset topic. :)

19. XrayGodzilla

XrayGodzilla Well-Known Member

I mean this isnt a ban appeal for that you need to go to the other section but I wont lie to you its really beautiful what you wrote down use that in your appeal.

20. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

Yes, I understand. I just wanted to let people know the real reason why I got banned. Thank you though :)

HaleStorm likes this.