1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MCI 3.0 BETA RELEASED

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by jackson30007, Oct 5, 2018.

1. SeptimusHeep

SeptimusHeep New Member

I don't think you understand what I meant. I'm not saying you should degrade as you level, that's dumb. I'm saying newer ranks need to have a few more perks, like maybe starting with an apple, or a bow with 2 arrows or something to help them keep themselves alive a bit longer, and commanders need to not have full iron armor with the ability to tank everything, spam grenades, and eat like the world's ending.

2: Its generally not a good idea to rely on people being there with full iron armor to protect newer players. If those people aren't around, or if the new player can't find where all the donors are grouped up because of perma-sneak, then they have no choice but to try to find a good place to parkour to or hide. This is the problem with enderman in my eyes. Also when relying on full iron to protect you, that means you don't get to engage with the game as much making it even less fun for new players. A great way to help this would be to make enderman prioritize people at rank 10+. I'm not sure how you would code that, but if possible, I think that'd be an amazing way to fix the class.

3. I agree that having some kits behind a paywall is good for the economy of the server. But the lack of available kits for people who don't want to pay will decrease the player count on the server, because they'll get bored with just the zombie kit. Give them one or two options and now there's strategy they can use. I'm glad you're thinking of making them unlockable at some stage.

4. Not entirely sure what you mean, but it sounds like you're saying new players have the same disadvantage that older players had when they were rank 1. Well, that's true, but that just means everyone has to suffer through at some point. Why not get rid of the suffering? You're right, its not virtually impossible, but it seems/seemed like it might as well have been. As it is right now, healing and grenades are a factor, are you planning to remove them? If so, that's great for balancing higher ranks, but will really nerf lower ranks unless they get some kind of compensation.

5. I see your point, but on the flip side, with nothing to work for as infected, its more likely they'll just afk until the round is over, instead of giving it their all.

6. Ugly is subjective. If you find them just outdated that's fine. But a lot of us would really appreciate some more aesthetic looking design.

7. The compass idea was only a suggestion if Endy was removed for reasons I explained. (not being fun for new players to play against). Enderman can just call out locations, but if he couldn't do that then the compass would be an easy replacement.

Thank you for your response and feedback. Hope we can make this game a better place <3

My apologies for trying to help the devs make a better game. Seriously. Just playing and adding to the player count is supporting the server for multiple reasons. Fix your attitude, then come back to the forums with helpful feedback please.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    I'd like to update my opinion. Seems I didn't take into account a kit's ability to block. I'd say witch is balanced and I'll believe iron golem is balanced. Skeleton actually had 32% armour so that's fine. Vampire needs diamond leggings instead of helm still. Other than that, you guys should already be trying to fix blaze and wither skleleton should do something else IMO. Personally i'd like to see an effect similar to the cupid's kit from 2.0 as I thought that was an interesting idea as it's supposed to spread damage from survivor to survivor just like how an infection would work. You could have a wither head on the survivor instead of hearts.