1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[MCI 3.0] Bring Back Sleight of Hand

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CREEPER__1, Oct 12, 2018.

?

Would You Like Sleight of Hand Back?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert and Hentai Enthusiast
    On my gaming chair making PM-MC hentai and memes
    What gamemode is it for: MCInfected 3.0
    What does your suggestion do: Adds back the perk sleight of hand to the prestige shop.
    Pros of your suggestion: I believe that sleight of hand was just one of those necessary perks that made the game just a bit more enjoyable and fast paced since you didn't have to pause to drink a speed or strength potion.
    Cons of your suggestion: People may disagree and believe that drinking potions quicker than usual or instantly drinking them is unbalanced, and people should have to wait the entire time to drink the potion.

Explanation: I'm not entirely sure why sleight of hand was decided to be removed, maybe because people believed it to be overpowered/broken, I don't know for certain. However in my opinion, the perk seemed to just make the gamemode a bit more fun and removed a tedious aspect of drinking potions. Even with sleight of hand you needed to hotkey to your potion to drink it. It's not like that once you get the potion it is instantly drank without you clicking on it. Now more than ever, people are starting to experience how difficult and frustrating it is to play without sleight of hand (since everyone's stats have been reset). As an infected it's very difficult at times to take advantage of your speed or strength potions without the perk. Sometimes you will be in the middle of a fight and get a strength potion, but you can't drink the potion and get the bonus out of it or else you will die. In other cases you will die in the middle of drinking a potion because you are an easy target. Survivors suffer from the same problem. Typically by the time you get a strength potion you are already running low on food and can't afford losing any more health. Yet, when you stop to drink a strength potion you are an easy target to infected.

I believe sleight of hand should be re-implemented into MCInfected 3.0 with either the option of having it being a tiered perk or just having it be like the old sleight of hand. If sleight of hand was added as a tiered perk it could work by having each tier allow the player to drink potions a large percentage faster than usual, and eventually working it's way up to the max tier where players can instantly drink potions.

[​IMG]

MineButcher and Bacon like this.
  2. MineButcher

MineButcher Well-Known Member

Increasing Forum activites
    Home Page:
    preferably bring it back right before i prestige, ill message mods when im close

3. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    Personally I think the max tier should 70% drinking speed. Unless I'm mistaken, this should take roughly 1 second which I think is balanced.

MutatedGrape and Agent40 like this.
  4. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    I'm very against the idea that we should drink potions instantly (or almost instant), I think it could just be faster, but not to a part where tanks need to be slowed down by the empty bottles again.