1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important MCI 3.0 Proposal Set #1: Infected System and Infected Classes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, May 26, 2018.

1. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Hey Mayhemians,

This is the 1st proposal set for MCInfected 3.0. We’ll be using this proposal set to get your feedback on our plans for Infected for MCI 3.0. These are our initial ideas and are by no means the final decision of what will be in the release of MCI 3.0. We want to hear your thoughts and opinions on our plans. Please tell us about what you like, what you don’t like and any other ideas you have regarding infected. Please be respectful (both to us and to one another) when giving your opinions and ideas.

Proposal #1 Infected:

Infected System: In order to create more balanced gameplay between infected and survivors we are going to be switching the infected progression system to a cosmetic system rather than an ability upgrade system.

The way this would work is when you level up your class, you would get a random cosmetic for that class. Each cosmetic you unlock is unlocked for that specific class. For example if you unlock a kill effect for enderman, that same kill effect won’t be unlocked for zombie. There will also be some cosmetic types that are only available for a specific class.

Examples of cosmetic types:
    • Kill effects
    • Death effects
    • Kill messages
    • Teleport Particles (Enderman Only)
    • Projectile Trail (Ranged Only)
    • etc
    Our reasoning for changing infected like this is balancing issues. Some classes in the current 2.0 can easily take on high ranked players and defeat them by themselves. This unbalance creates an especially difficult time for new players who have little to no chance of escaping some of the max classes. With this change infected class abilities won’t upgrade so they can be balanced in a way that allows their large number of other infected to prevail instead of their larger stats.

Infected Classes: In 3.0, we plan to remove many of the kits in MCI 2.0. The reason for this is to make the game more simple and to remove a bunch of the classes that began to clutter the game. It’s possible that over time we’ll add back some of the old classes but adjust the abilities accordingly or we’ll add entirely new classes.

Here’s the classes that we plan on releasing 3.0 with (Note: we do not have plans to allow class abilities to be leveled up, see “Infected System” above):
    • Mother Zombie - We suggest that it remains as is.

• Zombie - We suggest that zombie no longer has scratch.

• Skeleton - We suggest that we keep it as is, but give it a sword that does the equivalent damage that the bow does. We think the sniper ability should be removed.

• Enderman - We suggest that we remove the anger ability from Enderman and keep the teleport ability as is.

• Vampire - We suggest that the flight ability is removed and that the fangs ability remains as is.

• Witch - We suggest a complete rework of the abilities, but would like it to fill the role of a support class that provides buffs to infected and debuffs to survivors.

• Iron Golem - We suggest that the Iron Golem needs a rework, any ideas would be helpful. Iron Golem should fill the role of a tank class. One of our thoughts regarding its ability included an ability where it can throw infected at survivors, but this needs more fine-tuning.

• Slime - We suggest doing a rework of this class. We plan on giving slime a jump-boost potion that lasts 10 seconds and is instantly used on right click. This potion will be refilled by getting a kill (you can only have one at a time, so getting more than one kill doesn’t give you extra potions). Additionally, it will have an ability where it spawns with 5 slimeballs and gains 3 more with every kill, that can be thrown at survivors and will deal slowness 1 for 3 seconds upon a direct hit.

• Baby Zombie - We suggest that this class will have speed 2 permanently but will no longer get speed 3 on kill.

• Wither Skeleton - We suggest that Wither Skeleton needs a rework, any ideas would be helpful.

• Blaze - We suggest that Blaze should lose its Flame Shield ability and retain its fireball ability.

• Werewolf - We suggest that Werewolf needs a rework, any ideas would be helpful.
    -maxben34

2. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

Yaas, removing the level up abilities is a great step up towards simplicity.

So, those 12 kits are the only confirmed kits to be in MCI 3.0?

Vampire will feel exactly like Super gaming, actually most of the kits will feel like super gaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cooooollll

also how many proposals a month?

3. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

I have insight to offer, but no time for creativity right now. Here's what I think of your ideas:
    • Mother Zombie - We suggest that it remains as is. Agreed. Nothing crazy here, mother zombie should remain unchanged.
    • Zombie - We suggest that zombie no longer has scratch. Agreed. Scratch was a game changer when leveled up max.

• Skeleton - We suggest that we keep it as is, but give it a sword that does the equivalent damage that the bow does. We think the sniper ability should be removed. Agreed - Skeleton should have no problem meleeing if it needs to. Otherwise they are sitting ducks most of the time.

• Enderman - We suggest that we remove the anger ability from Enderman and keep the teleport ability as is. Agreed. Anger was kinda unnecessary but nothing wrong with teleportation.

• Vampire - We suggest that the flight ability is removed and that the fangs ability remains as is. Agreed 100%. Flight has no place in MCI.

• Witch - We suggest a complete rework of the abilities, but would like it to fill the role of a support class that provides buffs to infected and debuffs to survivors. Not sure if I agree - but current Witch is kind of meh. Can't imagine a support class getting much usage but diversity among classes is good.

• Iron Golem - We suggest that the Iron Golem needs a rework, any ideas would be helpful. Iron Golem should fill the role of a tank class. One of our thoughts regarding its ability included an ability where it can throw infected at survivors, but this needs more fine-tuning. I think iron golem is good as is but possibly a weapon buff with a slight armor nerf. The throwing idea sounds intriguing and actually useful.

• Slime - We suggest doing a rework of this class. We plan on giving slime a jump-boost potion that lasts 10 seconds and is instantly used on right click. This potion will be refilled by getting a kill (you can only have one at a time, so getting more than one kill doesn’t give you extra potions). Additionally, it will have an ability where it spawns with 5 slimeballs and gains 3 more with every kill, that can be thrown at survivors and will deal slowness 1 for 3 seconds upon a direct hit. Really like your new ideas for slime. Agreed!

• Baby Zombie - We suggest that this class will have speed 2 permanently but will no longer get speed 3 on kill. Agreed! Don't have much to say about this one.

• Wither Skeleton - We suggest that Wither Skeleton needs a rework, any ideas would be helpful. Go back to OG Wither Skeleton. Bow & Arrow, Wood Sword that inflicts wither effect. Very good class but also high-tier.

• Blaze - We suggest that Blaze should lose its Flame Shield ability and retain its fireball ability. Hell yeah, flame shield was very annoying.

• Werewolf - We suggest that Werewolf needs a rework, any ideas would be helpful. I don't have much creativity to offer right now, but I would like to see werewolf as a glass cannon kind of class.

lobster, Draconium and KingDuder like this.
  4. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    • Mother Zombie - We suggest that it remains as is.
    Ok, yeah. I'd assume Scratch is going to be removed as well.
    • Zombie - We suggest that zombie no longer has scratch.
    Yep. This is fine. I agree with this.
    • Skeleton - We suggest that we keep it as is, but give it a sword that does the equivalent damage that the bow does. We think the sniper ability should be removed.
    Yep, this is good. I like this. Making the game more simple!
    • Enderman - We suggest that we remove the anger ability from Enderman and keep the teleport ability as is.
    Only thing here I disagree with. I do not believe that an infected class should be able to teleport to a human with a simple right click. My suggestion is @MutatedGrape's idea. Teleport to the human you are looking at f they are within your viewing range. Max of 15 blocks.
    • Vampire - We suggest that the flight ability is removed and that the fangs ability remains as is.
    YES! I completly agree with this!
    • Witch - We suggest a complete rework of the abilities, but would like it to fill the role of a support class that provides buffs to infected and debuffs to survivors.
    Here's an idea:

You have two "wands", debuff and buff. Buff wands give a random buff to infected around you. Debuffs give debuffs to survivors around you. OR You can right click an item to obtain a random potion (maybe some custom ones as well)
    • Iron Golem - We suggest that the Iron Golem needs a rework, any ideas would be helpful. Iron Golem should fill the role of a tank class. One of our thoughts regarding its ability included an ability where it can throw infected at survivors, but this needs more fine-tuning.
    That would be interesting... Maybe ask in chat "Would you like to get thrown by this iron golem? YES or NO (Click on the option)
    • Slime - We suggest doing a rework of this class. We plan on giving slime a jump-boost potion that lasts 10 seconds and is instantly used on right click. This potion will be refilled by getting a kill (you can only have one at a time, so getting more than one kill doesn’t give you extra potions). Additionally, it will have an ability where it spawns with 5 slimeballs and gains 3 more with every kill, that can be thrown at survivors and will deal slowness 1 for 3 seconds upon a direct hit.
    Woah, I love this. Will slime become meta? Who knows.
    • Baby Zombie - We suggest that this class will have speed 2 permanently but will no longer get speed 3 on kill.
    Cool!
    • Wither Skeleton - We suggest that Wither Skeleton needs a rework, any ideas would be helpful.
    I actually do not think this class needs a rework. I like it's ability where you can attack someone and apply wither. Maybe you can replace the skull with "Wither Aura" Give all survivors Wither I for 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 seconds? Whatever seems balanced.
    • Blaze - We suggest that Blaze should lose its Flame Shield ability and retain its fireball ability.
    Yeah I can live with this one.
    • Werewolf - We suggest that Werewolf needs a rework, any ideas would be helpful.
    Here's an idea:
    It should stay permanently in werewolf form. It can have an ability where it summons a wolf that has 4 or 5 HP? Whatever HP where it gets 2 shot. Another ability should be some form of a tackle where you leap at a certain velocity and if you hit a survivor, you deal some damage to them. Not sure how much. Whatever seems balanced.

I'm super happy with how this is looking Ben. You have completly restored my faith in this server! If you have any feedback, be sure to let me know!

5. KingDuder

KingDuder Well-Known Member

Tryharding a block game.
    Cosmetics: Please implement a setting for cosmetics. I assume it would contribute to lag eventually when a lot of people have kill and death effects, particles and whatnot. A setting to toggle the use of these particles or cosmetics would be nice, especially if players don't want to use the cosmetics. Also, try and see if u can also disable seeing everyone else's cosmetics because players with lower end PCs would probably have better performance not seeing particles and effects everywhere
    • Enderman - You could also just have the enderpearls act as regular enderpearls. Just a random suggestion if infected always finding survivors doesn't seem favorable later on.

• Vampire - If possible, can you maybe use a different mob for vampire? It may look weird or ugly but right clicking on a vampire seems like an issue atm.

• Witch - As long as the potion effects are not too high of a level then it is fine as a support class

• Iron Golem - If this is a tank class, keep the ability to not take knockback, but please remove the thorns 2. You can give it an armor buff with a damage reduction or mmo's suggestion of an armor nerf and a damage buff..
    • Wither Skeleton - I would suggest keeping the ability as an aoe effect but having that keep the wither effect makes it the same as blaze. Supergaming wither could be nice seeing it as a slightly buffed skeleton
    • Werewolf - See mmo's idea, full support of that.
    As long as infected kits are not too powerful on their own then I am fine with it

CloudsPvP and Frogged like this.
  6. Kendyy

Kendyy ★ Senior Moderator ★ Sr. Mod

Either weekly or bi-weekly depending on the state of development.

7. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Thank you so much for this! I love how some abilites are removed to keep it slim, and that the new system causes more attention towards the humans for more players. The first I want to say is that I do think we need to change the kits included so we aren't stuck with the same kits that have been around for the longest time. I didn't find a few of the new kits THAT bad, even so, it could be slightly reworked.

KITS (only kits I think should be changed, all the ones not mentioned are great)

Skeleton - I still don't know about the sword, the sniper should probably go, but does this include that the escape ability stays? I suggest both abilities be removed since it's bow alone is very useful in situations.

Enderman: Anger definitely should be removed, didn't make much sense if you think about it, but teleporting does need a rework, otherwise it should have a long cooldown, reason why is because it shouldn't be able to teleport so often and find the human no matter what they do.

Vampire - This isn't bad, but Vampire does still need a custom skin for it being a vampire.

Witch - I suggest Witch spawns with 1 buff and 1 debuff pot. Pots are all same levels, and include a cap of 3 debuff and 3 buff pots held at a time, but increase the pots you receive to 7 secs for buffs and 8 secs for debuffs. The whole point is that witch should be able to use pots more frequently and consecutively, that's just it imo.

Baby Zombie - I think Weakness should be removed and change the Wooden Axe to deal 3.75 damage by default.

Iron Golem - Not sure how throwing infected would work, it'd be circumstantial feature that wouldn't work out imo. I think a rework that could be done is to make Iron Golem take a small percentage of damage for other infected as being a tank.

Wither Skeleton - I found Wither Skeleton to be fine, but Wither Skulls should inflict Blindness rather than the sword ability.

Werewolf - Remove Silver Immunity, have it always a wolf and change the kit name to "Wolf" and keep Wolf Howl, but make it so it doesn't give Blindness, doesn't need much else of a rework imo.

Lastly, just a shoutout to the people commenting, this isn't super-gaming.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  8. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 Well-Known Member

Cow
    I'm not sure how I feel about the removal of infected upgrades.

On one hand, you're correct that a significant difference between a basic kit and a fully upgraded one is too strong for the game. But at the same time, I found grinding a single infected class for a particular upgrade to be very exciting, and I doubt cosmetics will have the same effect on motivation.

Perhaps 3.0 could split the difference between utility and cosmetics by offering a single minor improvement to a kit's abilities for completing a long-term milestone that very few would attain. This way, people who "main" a particular kit for a long period would feel accomplished and slightly stand out from anyone else using the same kit, but survivors wouldn't feel overwhelmed by the powers of the infected.

9. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

why you always gotta drop straight facts, man, it's not fair...

This does open the door to the question, how do you create incentive to want to play infected and progress/unlock kits? Perhaps cosmetics, perhaps path upgrades, it will take some brainstorming which is what this thread is for. But, I think if we can really pinpoint the answer to this question, then people will no longer say "well the game is over" after they get killed by an infected, which retains attention, etc, etc. If you make the game exciting from BOTH sides, infected & human, then it would really promote replayability.

My two cents? I dunno, maybe a combination of infected path upgrades (not to the extent of 2.0), cosmetics, or maybe even unlocking more infected features as you rank up (i.e. Private->Commander). This all requires skillfully executed balance, however.

Mikehasta and chessgeek10 like this.
  10. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    Being a huge fan of Iron Golem and Enderman, with some of the most gameplay on both, I'm just gonna' pop my opinion on these. I'm not fond of the Iron Golem throwing ability. This kit will now be the only tank class. I'd like to see the slowness removed so it can actually PVP. Either keep the Iron shield ability, but without the 0% knockback and thorns, or give it an aura to take a percentage of damage from the damage the nearby infected take, suggested by @MutatedGrape. I really love the second one. Keep the dmg, or potentially slightly nerf it if the removal of slowness is too strong.

Removing enderman's anger ability is a good idea, but doesn't actually fix the issue with enderman literally being the most broken kit, it can teleport nonstop and deal damage to survivors 100% of the time. It might be a squishy kit that takes damage from its own ability, but the fact that it hits survivors near 100% of the match means it's the most effective class against survivors as a whole. Enderman needs to have something that makes it run around and do something other then spam right click then attack then repeat, yet I feel that it still needs the ability to actually find survivors that are hiding in sneaky spots, as that's the point of the class.Teleporting to survivors within your field of vision with a limit on the distance is one idea, but still doesn't really allow enderman to counter campers. I can't think of anything for this, just stating what I think enderman's kit should look like.

I'm also a little upset with the removal of ability upgrades. While I agree it's a good idea, it was one of my favourite things about MCI 2.0 and it made the game feel completely different from Super Gaming. So, I fully agree with @chessgeek10's suggestion.

Furiosus_ likes this.
  11. Xpit500

Xpit500 Member

I like this whole idea and personally think that it will fix people /killing because people won’t need to grind on their kits to upgrade a path.

Also does this mean humans get a nerf, if you ask me I hope it is a no.

12. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Honestly i like most of the suggestions.
    Kit progression seemingly that will be completely removed but will this mean that the default path lvl will be 3 or 1 with that being said i think there should be kit progression but not as massive as it is currently. To have a goal for players to reach other than cosmetics
    for example getting 2.5k kills as zombie upgrades the healing of brains from 1 heart to 1.5 then like at 5k kills recieve prot 1 on pants then possibly 10k kills for prot remove but gain an extra heart
    These are very high kill goals and would take a multitude of time without significant player increase but its just the little things.to have more goals.

Werewolf rework idea:
    Werewolf gets an ability called full moon upon right clicked transforms the werwolf from zombie form to a wolf when in wolf mode it recieves speed 1 and an upgraded sword wood -> stone and blindness. this would be a shortish ability such as 10s long. while in this form the user takes 20% more damage from iron sword and 15% less from stone. (unlike old werewolf this time its armor would be the same as in zombie form but there would be a slight nerf for zombie form such as 4.5 bars instead of 6)
    This in turn would make werewolf situational if u see someone who isnt commander fighting you could run and attack them but bcuz of the blindness if they see you first they can get away and in the blindness makes the werewolf vulnerable as a commander could sneak up on them and ruin that life.

Iron golem rework idea
    I like grapes idea of it taking other infecteds damage making it a support tank. my idea on how this could work is an ability that upon use gives resistance 1 and regen 1 and makes its damage output 1 then on top of that all infected withing 5-10 blocks only take 80% of the damage they would've taken and the 20% they negate the Golem takes. Although this seems as if it would only be useful with multiple infected this also means that if the golem is low it can use this ability to gain back some of its hp. (with this change i believe ladder spots should also be added back in for a trial to see if golem affects the outcomes of those spots)

Witch Rework idea:
    witch has always been focused around pots but one of the main things witches do is cast spells with there wands. For this the witch gets a wood sword and a blaze rod (wand) upon left clicking the wand it casts a spell that gives a random buff to infected and a nerf to humans such as speed and weakness in respective order. but in order for witches to be more useful than in its current state so some of the potions will be removed such as Nausea. jump boost (to low level to do anything). Fire resistance would now accompany normal resistance. (no insta healing/damage spells only lingering) The affects of the spell would last 6s and have a cooldown of 15s. This means the potions cannot be missed or only last minimal time and you cannot get useless potions.

And since this is to do with infected classes what happens to death streaks personally i believe they should be removed as they can be quite game changing as in the current state you could kill a max class 4 times just for it to come back with 17 hearts or it coming back with strength 2. personally i see this as just a quick addition for when infected classes were very underpowered and needed a buff.

Furiosus_ likes this.
  13. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    Replying to the infected kit upgrades, it isn't right that the game is going further from the whole point of survival, while I love infection more than survival, I think there shouldn't be much of a need for grinding infected kits, infected is just an end phase after losing, maybe there could be an upgrade or two but that's just it, it shouldn't take more than 6 hours of gameplay imo (which is still a good amount). Another reason is because of ranks, Humans are weaker than infected at rank 1, and much more dominant at rank 25, infected should've served as part of a control group, the extreme fluctuating power of later kits really killed it here.

14. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

Lmao, I'd love it if you could create custom death messages by donating to Project Mayhem. As long as they follow strict guidelines, such as no character spam, no curse words, etc.

15. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

One issue with this. That means that the sword would be stronger than the diamond sword.

16. YellowTehMinerz

YellowTehMinerz Active Member

Doing things
    Iron golem could get an ability that allows it to knock people up 4-8 blocks (What ever seems balanced) when the humans have been thrown up in the air they can not move to stop people going out of map. Iron golems over ability could be a temporary buff type ability where the iron golem could gain regen 1 and stregth 1 or mabye resistance 1 if the armor is nerfed.

Thats just my ideas for Iron golem, All the other kits are good I also think wither is good as it is but other kits were better so it wasnt played much!

17. mocharaven

mocharaven Well-Known Member Builder

so sad... no Shock and flight taken from vamp.. what am I to do?! I will have to find the humans like everyone else. I am Shock Queen.

All that said, I do like the changes and I think it will be a better game. Can't wait!!

Draconium likes this.
  18. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Well-Known Member

The name says it all
    Barbados, No that is not a part of Jamaica -_-
    Rip turkey but I'm ok with these changes guess I gotta find a new kit to main. Slime seems good in my opinion but two questions will the slimeballs being thrown do any damage and also will the slime keep its passive infinite jump boost I from before?

19. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    (Just guessing) Most likely not because the jumpboost potions will cause the infinite jump boost 1 to disappear

20. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    No it wouldn't, Baby Zombie in 2.0 does this just fine.