1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important MCI 3.0 Proposal Set #2: Leveling and Prestiging

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, Jun 10, 2018.

1. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Hey Mayhemians,

Thanks for all of your feedback during the first proposal set. We've took your feedback to heart and have made great progress on the infected system in MCInfected 3.0.

This is the 2nd proposal set for MCInfected 3.0. We’ll be using this proposal set to get your feedback on our plans for leveling and prestiging for MCI 3.0. These are our initial ideas and are by no means the final decision of what will be in the release of MCI 3.0. We want to hear your thoughts and opinions on our plans. Please tell us about what you like, what you don’t like and any other ideas you have regarding leveling and prestiging. Please be respectful (both to us and to one another) when giving your opinions and ideas.

Proposal Set #2 Leveling & Prestiging:

Master Prestiging: We don’t plan on having Master Prestiges be a part of 3.0.

Tiered Prestige Perks: In 3.0 we want to introduce tiered prestige perks. Tiered prestige perks are perks that can be upgraded once unlocked using prestige tokens. Ex: scavenger I would have a 10% chance to scavenge items while scavenger II would have a 20% chance to scavenge items etc. Note these are not final values and this is purely an example for clarity.

Leveling Up: In 3.0 we are looking at only having 20 ranks, instead of 2.0’s 25. We also want to change the prices of these ranks slightly, but after we do that it should be cheaper to go from rank 1-20 than it is in 2.0 to go to 1-25. This will serve as a way to nerf commanders, due to 5 ranks/upgrades being removed from survivors.

We also want to make it so prestiging increases the cost of ranking up for the next prestige. This will make it so new players can reach commander faster without having experienced players being able to prestige left and right.

Prestige Perks: We are not planning on adding every prestige perk from 2.0. Here is a list of some of the proposed perk changes. More perks may be added in the future.

Perks we Plan to Keep
    • Hardline
    • Tomahawk - We are changing them to throwing knives (2) that deal 6 true hearts each
    • Feather Falling
    • Knockback
    • Blast Shield
    • Scavenger
    • Demolitionist
    • Juggernaut - We plan to make players have a Chain chestplate until they upgrade to Iron
    • Final Stand - We plan to make players have speed 1 along with the invincibility when you respawn in final stand. We also propose that infected will now also get kill credit by putting a player into final stand. However, that player will not receive an extra death.
    • Riot Shield - We plan to have Riot Shield give reduced damage instead of anti-knockback.
    • Marksman - We plan to make it start with 5 arrows, and every 2 levels you gain one extra arrow to make a total of 15 from the perk at rank 20
    Perks we are on the fence about - Your help will be really useful for these perks!
    • zPower
    • Surge - We think the strength is too strong and are considering a nerfed strength. Other ideas are welcome.
    • Medic
    Perks we Plan to Remove
    • Sleight of Hand - We feel Insta-Drinking potions takes away part of the challenge for MCI. We will be tweaking poison potions and will make diamond sword autoreplace on it’s own.
    • Fire Mind - This perk is strong and makes it too easy to fight.
    • Kevlar Vest - It will only affect a few kits and thus make those select kits feel obsolete.
    • zDemo - We do not want infected to have grenades.
    • Flash - It’s a nuisance for infected and is extremely good for survivors.
    -maxben34

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  2. ItzCqnadian

ItzCqnadian Active Member Builder

I really like the way you plan on making this work. Being able to level up perks I think would be a good replacement for master prestiges, since after getting all perks, you still have something to look forward to after, as well as something to spend prestige tokens on. I'm also on board with there being extra cookies needed for later prestiges, will really help new players ease into the game without being ganged by super stacked players. I do have some different opinions on the perks though

Perks to keep:
    -Firemind hasn't been that much of an annoyance for me to be honest
    -Medic is a fun perk that I think should be kept, but with the nerfed infected, maybe just decrease its healing power a bit
    -zPower's damage buff could be nerfed, as well as Surges. You could also make it so that they are perks you can't upgrade

Perks on the fence:
    -Marksman hasn't intrigued me as a better perk, but maybe it would become better in 3.0
    -Flash is annoying, but maybe it could be similar to how enderman works, and teleports you to a random survivor or something, or even just another location of the map

Perks to remove:
    -Demolitionist just hasn't been that helpful for me, unless I need an extra grenade in a pinch or something. Plus, with the nerfed infected, seems like it would just hinder them more
    -Feather falling is a perk I have not bought before, but it doesn't seem that useful, especially for it's cost. However, I could be wrong

Also, I know that my ideas of good and bad game mechanics is usually a lot different than other's, so I hope that these ideas don't upset anyone :v

3. npeters96

npeters96 Active Member Builder

Exotic Fireman
    Zubovskiy Bul'var, 25, Moskva, Russia, 119021
    I think having a branched leveling system will diversify play styles. I personally get tired of ranking from the same 1 through 20 ranks, prestiging, and then rinsing and repeating. I think there should be several paths that lead you to different professions. They shouldn't be drastically different, but it would be nice to have your rank-ups satisfy your play style. I personally am not the type of person who will tank every single round. I prefer to run and hide, so I would prefer a human kit with an extra grenade and more arrows for example. Meanwhile, another person who loves to tank will prefer a higher valued armor piece to complement their style. I understand that this idea may cause an unbalance in certain human branches and this could also reintroduce the issue of complexity from MCI 2.0. This idea shouldn't cause major game changes, just a minuscule boost. In addition, I understand that prestige perks also offer diversity in gameplay, but those require lots of time and dedication, while these branches are simply apart of the game's ranking system. Plus, these branches are not necessarily permanent, so you can simply reset them through a prestige or quite possibly add a reset mechanic that erases all your progress and returns it to you as cookies (but this may result in abuse).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  4. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    Skeleton meta?

Hmmmm. Kb sword staying ja surprising. That item is just annoying.

Riot shield changes are strange, kinda wished it would just block attacks coming from your front if possible.

Medic should stay, it’s a nice perk that isn’t really op, just medic pro should go (like all pro perks)

Demo should just give 2 grenades like the pro version. Regular demo is ASS. Might come with tiered perks so idk

Marksman is a meme perk and should just make your bow stronger instead of spammier

Love zPower but it’s too good, especially with the survivor nerfs

Toma should be 7.5 still I m o

Flash is a fun perk but hyper busted

Slight of Hand should let you do card tricks

Agent40 likes this.
  5. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

http://forum.pm-mc.com/threads/mci-rank-system-revamp.9308/

here you go you thottie

Agent40 and npeters96 like this.
  6. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    I will agree with a lot of choices on this list, but I want to quickly make note of a few things that I think are necessary. I'll leave it in the same format as what you guys have provided and if I need to add later I will.

Perks to make note on:
    • Tomahawk - I personally still believe this should be removed from the game however, I do agree with these changes.
    • Feather Falling - Feather Falling X when?
    • Final Stand - When I say this, I believe I say it for everyone, Thank You.
    • Riot Shield - Now the proposed idea for Riot Shield is nearly completely useless. Unless this Riot Shield acts as a passive buff then I don't see anyone ever using it, as it has no benefit besides some cases when running around as the last survivor.
    • Surge - I believe that the final version of Surge was completely fine and balanced. All previous versions of Surge were extremely overpowered but in the end, Surge just ended up being a quick extra 0.5-1 heart of damage every kill.
    • Sleight of Hand - If all the things stated for Sleight of Hand are realized then I believe the removal of SoH is completely justified.
    • Kevlar Vest - If Kevlar Vest is removed I feel like the enchanted effect should either become cosmetic or be applied to Juggernaut.
    • Medic - I feel like the buffs from Medic Pro should be the default medic you receive. I feel like this should still be kept no matter how little it affects gameplay.

Now I just wanted to point out this real quick:
    You have just proven to me that your opinions are irrelevant.

Jacob76598 and chessgeek10 like this.
  7. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

What did Kevlar Vest do again?

8. Luke

Luke The Classy British Mod Moderator

Hub AFKer
    Reduced projectile damage by 30%. Only really affected Skeleton, Wither, Blaze, and I think Scarecrow.

9. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

Good
    Really cool idea and a , if you were to ask me what the values for the tiers would be, i would say that Scav 1 would be a 5 % chance, then a scav 2 being a 10% chance, scav 2 would change depending on how many times you can upgrade. But that's just my opinion as i believe 10% is way too high.
    Good, Nothing wrong there
    Good
    I think that this should stay as it seems to be the only way to play as a support, if this was to be removed, i would recommend a way to play as a support as if you remove supports entirely some players may not want to join/stay because they can't play in the way that they like.
    all for it

Skyzip likes this.
  10. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Cool man Purple with the cool post.
    NGL pretty god damn hyped for 3.0

Thoughts:
    Master prestiges removal is a god send.

Tiered Prestige perks:
    Personally I love this idea I can already see how this will play out and will require more strategy to get the best edge on opponents.

Leveling system:
    I would’ve to see more to make a comment on the 25 -> 20 ranks as Ben stated the commanders would be nerfed with this change.
    With it only being cheaper for I assume same armour and weapon I can we this balancing out new and older players especially with the next section:

Growth of cookies needed to rank up:
    I fully agree especially since master prestige removal.with that being said I believe I wonder with this growth be Exponential, Linear or sigmoidal.

Prestige Perks:
    Personally I think a system could be added upon release all the perks that have been stated for release are added but there to be a monthly perk addition for a few months what this would do is add a perk that is purchaseable for only a month at the end of the month the perk is either kept/ removed the choice will be based off community opinion and/or the power swing of the game.
    Example:
    August Perk: Incognito
    Makes you invisible for 10s.

In this month 10 people buy this perk seemingly those 10 survive more rounds than usual and infected win less. Community complains about it being too gamechanging as it means players can hide all game and go invis if they see a zombie especially broken in low player games on big maps..

From the feedback this perk would either get removed/added/changed.

The perks would change so on and so forth.

Now the perks:
    • Hardline - Fair
    • Tomahawk - I hope the knives have a better throw distance and speed than tomahawk.
    • Feather Falling - good
    • Knockback - I assume tiers will play a heavy role here
    • Blast Shield - Fair
    • Scavenger - Fair
    • Demolitionist - Became underpowered upon changes to grenades such as dizzy frag vacuum a slight buff to these grenades would make it slightly better than what it’s current priority for people is.
    • Juggernaut - This is a nice change although I feel as if the name does not suit it quite as well
    • Final Stand - Speed 1 will have little to no affect I think invisibility would be better suited but I understand there may be problems with name tags due to the MC version. Other stuff is good
    • Riot Shield - reduced damage is nice and makes sense but I would or also like to see knockback deduction even if only 25%
    • Marksman - Seems like with the growth of rank up cookies this perk may be up there with the best ones. And a required necessity at higher prestige
    • zPower - Remove if humans are to overpowered add it back in as a monthly perk as I suggested and see were the power swings.
    • Surge - I suggest lower the damage to 25% and possibly have it be tiered up to 50% and if at any point it is evident it is to good at say 40% just cap the tier there
    • Medic - Under valued and underused this is the only perk that makes you a selfless player but it’s current state it is only used to earn cookies. I don’t know how itcoule he changed but I believe it has to stay
    • Sleight of Hand - Personally this perk was too good but if this tiered perk things is happening I believe it could be made drink potions 10% faster max 50% as otherwise if you are tanking in the open as all ladderspots are gone drinking a potion is suicide.
    • Fire Mind - Thank god
    • Kevlar Vest - Respectable choice if skeleton becomes an issue it could be incorporated into jugg as a low % that upgrades with tier
    • zDemo - Definitely needed
    • Flash - If enderman and babyzombie are the only mobility classes left this is definitely a good move.

dank likes this.
  11. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

carrying the build team
    Can you PLEASE make a more simple, easy to understand menu for prestiges? It got to a point in 2.0 where I was so confused about what prestige perks I had, so maybe have like a menu resembling the infected kit menu that has all the perks and like green dye under what you have. A good menu is especially necessary if you do add the leveling system mentioned above

12. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Well-Known Member

The name says it all
    Barbados, No that is not a part of Jamaica -_-
    I'm OK with a lot of stuff except medic. That perk should be kept because it's not broken especially since you can't use it on yourself.
    So yea keep medic

mocharaven and superliasse like this.
  13. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

Alright, sounds good.

Sleight of hand - Why not keep it but maybe make a chance for it to work?
    So like imagine i have 1 poison potion, make it like 30% chance for it to splash or something?

14. Wombo

Wombo Well-Known Member Builder

Having too much swaq
    I like the new leveling curve, so that it finally gives new(-ish) players a chance to survive. The change of tomahawk is also great, because everyone hates to be 1-shotted by a camper.

I don't know about sleight of hand, because when you are fighting multiple infected at once, there is now way you are going to pop a potion real quick. (I think). Maybe there is a possibility to reduce the deploy/drinking speed of the potions by half (I don't know if something like this would be possible). This also depends on the new game speed with all the changes. Of course, people aren't going to get these crazy scorestreaks anymore, because humans and infected will hopefully be balanced again.

15. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

How would this be done with tiered prestige perks is my question

16. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 Well-Known Member

Cow
    You've made a lot of great decisions in this proposal set. The tiered prestige perks are an inspired choice; I'm really excited to see this implemented.
    That aside, here are my recommendations.

The increased costs after prestiging should be neither linear nor exponential
    It's a good idea to increase the cost to make it to the next prestige, but having a curve too strong will turn away some of the hardcore players. I think it's best if the increased cost percentage after each sequential prestige curves into a plateau or simply is capped after a certain point. That way, the rank costs don't eventually become practically unreachable.

Not all prestige perks should be tiered
    One of the reasons why zombies became so strong was because each potential kit ability had to be separated into five distinct tiers, and some of the abilities weren't meant to be separated into that many strengths, thus causing level five to be too much stronger than the original kit. The same thing could happen with tiered prestige perks. Trying to separate perks like Hardline for example into multiple tiers could make the highest tier too strong, since it can't easily be split. If you haven't already planned to do so, the best thing to do is probably to leave some of the perks as single upgrades without tiers.

Keep zPower and Medic
    I speak for myself only in this suggestion, but I really liked having a prestige perk that made my power as an infected stronger. While the new zPower doesn't necessarily have to be a direct damage upgrade for infected, I would like to see it reworked into something with a similar purpose. Additionally, I found Medic to be a situational and balanced perk; since most of the other previous perks are being retained, leaving Medic in the game in some form shouldn't be a detriment.

Consider other options for Riot Shield
    Unlike my previous suggestion, riot shield was a perk I found to be unnecessary for the game. There's just not enough slots in the hotbar for every perk. I agree with @Agent40 - actively holding a defensive item is obsolete to putting up a good offense.

Don't be afraid to come up with new possibilities
    Don't feel that you have to work with only prestige perks from the previous version. I'd be happy to see simple new perks completely replace old ones. If the staff team is having trouble coming up with ideas for new prestige options, perhaps the game isn't being changed enough. Make 3.0, not v.2 of 2.0.

Make 3.0's ranking mechanics unique from previous versions
    Continuing off my previous suggestion, and by far the most controversial one, I think the leveling system should be changed more than just an item edit in the decreased number of ranks. People want the game to be new again; just take a look at the reception to @npeters96 's comment. Recreating a similar ranking system to 2.0 is the safe choice, but now's the time to be taking risks. A change like his suggestion not only personalizes the ranking choices for a survivor's playstyle, but any distinctly new system for 3.0 opens up a world of options for new change-specific prestige perks, use of different kits to counter the new feature, and more interesting donation rank perks.

While the system described by npeters and players before him shouldn't necessarily be the thing introduced in 3.0, I can't stress it enough that 3.0 should contain at least one drastic change to the core mechanics of the game. A change such as the one mentioned above seeks to provide new experiences without completely removing old systems, which is a great way to achieve the widest audience. If you don't offer potential players something to differentiate this new version from old ones, they have no strong reason to return.

17. ItzCqnadian

ItzCqnadian Active Member Builder

I forgot to ask this, but will pro perks change at all?

18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    Damn this update might even make me come back to mc as a whole (just for mci tho)
    I know everyone hates my ideas but i'll probably make a thread of things I would wish to see in mci 3.0 (hype!)

Nitromaniac likes this.
  19. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I’m trying
    I didn’t read past the first point, YOU HAD ME AT NO MASTER PRESTIGE I’M COMIN BACK BOIS

20. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    pretty sure that the word tweaking means it won't be the same. Keeping Sleight of Hand with the proposed changes is useless. It would be nice to have some extended information though, about what these tweaks would be.