1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important MCI 3.0 Proposal Set #2: Leveling and Prestiging

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Everything is great, only that tiered prestige is unsettling imo, and perk decisions should be switched around a bit.

~My Changes

Change This Perk
    - Marksman: Marksman should be changed to something like Marksman Pro, or just a 10% dmg increase on headshots from 25+ blocks away for example. The proposed Marksman will just make players want to spam their bow every prestige.

Keep This Perk
    - Surge: Surge could be the same from before, but just a 20% damage increase for 3 seconds. Reason for the extended duration is because some players can't chain due to it running out too fast.

Remove These Perks
    - zPower: This is straight a direct damage upgrade, perks should have benefits in some areas, but a perk that upgrades a prime infected action shouldn't be in the prestige shop imo.
    - Tomahawk/Throwing Knives: Please remove this. There is literally no way around this, no chances are given to infected if instant kills are brought back either. It used to be a perk that provided so much yet required no effort at all to get so many kills.
    - Riot Shield: The proposed change isn't good, you can just block with your sword for a similar effect, and this change will make Riot Shield be used in a much different way. I would think Riot Shield could have Anti-KB but give it a limited durability, but durability is just weird to see.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Rockin likes this.
  2. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Cookie Farming
    Alter the ranking system to a variation of rankup paths to suit a player's playstyle - love it. I don't think this will unbalance survivors as it can focus a single strength into a playstyle in a single pathway of ranking up, rather than only one pathway which puts all strengths into all survivors.

Keep medic as is, but put a limit on how many medics a single player can receive. Because a medic bandage is 4-5 hearts for another player, 2 players that team can heavily abuse that. But I love using medic for new players, I'd hate for that to be removed.

Remove
    Freaking
    Tomahawk
    Please.

Tiered perks sound amazing. However, I feel like there might be an issue which player's won't like. Leveling up a perk should only increase it's strength slightly to avoid an unbalanced game, and they should also be expensive to level up. If reaching max perks means you have to prestige a lot of times in a system where it becomes more and more expensive the more you prestige, then the game won't get to the point where there's a million overpowered survivors. But what will players think about never reaching that state unless they invest an insane amount of time. My suggestion is to add a variety of survivor pathways to rankup up AND prestige, limiting the perks they receive to that specific survivor pathway/class. So a survivor can focus on not achieving the strongest possible position in the game, but becoming stronger in their specific playstyle. This is so a survivor can have an ultimate goal without becoming ridiculously overpowered, or at least without "finishing" the game.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. mocharaven

mocharaven Well-Known Member Builder

Please don't remove medic!! I love using this perk given that I am not the best pvp player on here, I love being able to help the other players survive especially new players who have leather because this gives them a chance to see what it is like playing as human for a longer period of time and gives them hope. Plus I feel if they get help from other players they tend to playing longer. Giving them a better opinion of the game/server.

Flash Do Not Remove Please - this is one perk that has saved my life on several occasions. I feel it is a much needed perk for the not so strong fighter.

Surge - even though it only works once in awhile, I would have died more times and at a faster rate without it. Please keep.

Thank you for the final stand kill count.

riot shield only got once and felt it a rather pain to use. Once again, me not being a good pvp player, didn't work too well for me. So get rid of that one.

Everything else sounds good.

4. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    @InDstructable
    On how the menu would for tiered:
    It could be a simple colour code:
    Lime: Tier 1
    Green: Tier 2
    Yellow: Tier 3
    Orange: Tier 4
    Pink: Tier 5
    Red: Tier 6
    Purple: Tier 7
    Magenta: Tier 8
    Blue: Tier 9
    Light blue: Tier 10

@chessgeek10
    I’d assume the model you are looking for is something like this:
    https://goo.gl/images/szVfXU

Slowly advances in earlier prestiges about mid range you start feeling the increase quite hard and at highest it plateaus.

@ItzCqnadian
    Since this is a stat reset no one should have pro perks until the anniversary and severe balancing would be needed for them as many are way to OP

5. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

I hope there is a way to drink pots like we were always able to with sleight of hand, i feel like this has to stay and not be like Super-Gaming.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    insta drink pots are broken af
    but I think they should make potions drink like 20% faster or something