1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important MCI 3.0 Proposal Set #2: Leveling and Prestiging

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Everything is great, only that tiered prestige is unsettling imo, and perk decisions should be switched around a bit.

~My Changes

Change This Perk
    - Marksman: Marksman should be changed to something like Marksman Pro, or just a 10% dmg increase on headshots from 25+ blocks away for example. The proposed Marksman will just make players want to spam their bow every prestige.

Keep This Perk
    - Surge: Surge could be the same from before, but just a 20% damage increase for 3 seconds. Reason for the extended duration is because some players can't chain due to it running out too fast.

Remove These Perks
    - zPower: This is straight a direct damage upgrade, perks should have benefits in some areas, but a perk that upgrades a prime infected action shouldn't be in the prestige shop imo.
    - Tomahawk/Throwing Knives: Please remove this. There is literally no way around this, no chances are given to infected if instant kills are brought back either. It used to be a perk that provided so much yet required no effort at all to get so many kills.
    - Riot Shield: The proposed change isn't good, you can just block with your sword for a similar effect, and this change will make Riot Shield be used in a much different way. I would think Riot Shield could have Anti-KB but give it a limited durability, but durability is just weird to see.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Rockin likes this.
  2. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

r̯͖̳̾̀̒̈́͑̍͛ȏ̿̔̉̑k̍͊̃̉̈́̾̈̆̕͞ȉ̡̃͑͂̔̾͘͘n̨̪͎̮̍̇͒́̄͠͠
    Alter the ranking system to a variation of rankup paths to suit a player's playstyle - love it. I don't think this will unbalance survivors as it can focus a single strength into a playstyle in a single pathway of ranking up, rather than only one pathway which puts all strengths into all survivors.

Keep medic as is, but put a limit on how many medics a single player can receive. Because a medic bandage is 4-5 hearts for another player, 2 players that team can heavily abuse that. But I love using medic for new players, I'd hate for that to be removed.

Remove
    Freaking
    Tomahawk
    Please.

Tiered perks sound amazing. However, I feel like there might be an issue which player's won't like. Leveling up a perk should only increase it's strength slightly to avoid an unbalanced game, and they should also be expensive to level up. If reaching max perks means you have to prestige a lot of times in a system where it becomes more and more expensive the more you prestige, then the game won't get to the point where there's a million overpowered survivors. But what will players think about never reaching that state unless they invest an insane amount of time. My suggestion is to add a variety of survivor pathways to rankup up AND prestige, limiting the perks they receive to that specific survivor pathway/class. So a survivor can focus on not achieving the strongest possible position in the game, but becoming stronger in their specific playstyle. This is so a survivor can have an ultimate goal without becoming ridiculously overpowered, or at least without "finishing" the game.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. mocharaven

mocharaven Well-Known Member Builder

Please don't remove medic!! I love using this perk given that I am not the best pvp player on here, I love being able to help the other players survive especially new players who have leather because this gives them a chance to see what it is like playing as human for a longer period of time and gives them hope. Plus I feel if they get help from other players they tend to playing longer. Giving them a better opinion of the game/server.

Flash Do Not Remove Please - this is one perk that has saved my life on several occasions. I feel it is a much needed perk for the not so strong fighter.

Surge - even though it only works once in awhile, I would have died more times and at a faster rate without it. Please keep.

Thank you for the final stand kill count.

riot shield only got once and felt it a rather pain to use. Once again, me not being a good pvp player, didn't work too well for me. So get rid of that one.

Everything else sounds good.

4. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    @InDstructable
    On how the menu would for tiered:
    It could be a simple colour code:
    Lime: Tier 1
    Green: Tier 2
    Yellow: Tier 3
    Orange: Tier 4
    Pink: Tier 5
    Red: Tier 6
    Purple: Tier 7
    Magenta: Tier 8
    Blue: Tier 9
    Light blue: Tier 10

@chessgeek10
    I’d assume the model you are looking for is something like this:
    https://goo.gl/images/szVfXU

Slowly advances in earlier prestiges about mid range you start feeling the increase quite hard and at highest it plateaus.

@ItzCqnadian
    Since this is a stat reset no one should have pro perks until the anniversary and severe balancing would be needed for them as many are way to OP

5. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

I hope there is a way to drink pots like we were always able to with sleight of hand, i feel like this has to stay and not be like Super-Gaming.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    insta drink pots are broken af
    but I think they should make potions drink like 20% faster or something

7. BitHyper

BitHyper Member

Honestly, I like all the ideas maxben has listed out for the new MCI 3.0. I feel like it will balance the game a lot more so that when new players join they will not get shredded by a million master prestiges with a bunch of perks.

8. Who am I

Who am I Member

So 20 ranks like mci1 cool
    Make it harder to prestige by making it more cookies or something

Removing fire mind is stupid
    Here is how you fix it
    Bring back the gold sord for fire mind
    Make it a 5% chance to explode and you can level it up to 10%
    This will make it so you can’t get that many fire strikes in a game

For medic it is something that was fun for us in teamspeak to bother each other asking for a heal. I don’t see the harm in keeping it.

CloudsPvP likes this.
  9. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Firemind doesn't have a place in this game. Whether the chance is low or not, dealing massive amounts of damage to hordes of zombies is broken, especially in the scorestreaks system. I think survivors should be looking at the game thinking "How can I survive?" not "How many kills can I get?" I think it's really stupid that 1v20ing zombies could be known as the most efficient way of winning. The game should definitely be more PVP reliant (AND REMOVE FUCKING TOMAHAWK, PLEASE), and survivors shouldn't easily be able to kill off mass amounts of zombies. This is also being nerfed by benefiting zombies with the maps/removal of OP spots. I'm also questioning whether chests should even exist? I think that could be reworked also. The point is, survivors should rely on their ability kill zombies, not their no-skill perks. And zombies are being tremendously nerfed, I'm sure survivors will survive, figuratively and literally.

Mikehasta, Nick, mocharaven and 3 others like this.
  10. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I don't think that there should be any prestige perks benefiting an infected player, it should be emphasized as the loss state, and unlocking infected classes is already something to work towards as infected. Relogging breaks the game and should be discouraged as well.

I like the idea of the prestige perk medic, because it encourages players to work together, however I'm sure it must be the least bought perk. Why buy a perk that doesn't affect you directly? Perhaps instead of a prestige perk, the 20th rank could have a unique food (like a cookie or something) that could be used on another player to heal some health, but only if they are under rank 10. Encourages helping new players and keeping players alive should be seen as a priority to keep the infected number low, rather than solo survival.

11. Who am I

Who am I Member

The game is really based of infected from mw3. For those of you saying halo did it first no it’s based off mw3. Yes the point of infected was to survive but it turned into who can get the most kills and who could get a nuke first. Removing perks like firemind take that aspect from the game away. While yes it can be overpowered it is what makes the game more fun. In mw3 being infected was hard because it was really about how lucky you are and if you can hit a survivor with a tomahawk. Removing the op spots really does eliminate the need of fire mind anyway. Keep fire mind it adds a twist to the game and makes it more interesting. Remove firemind and you kill the point of infected or at least what it has been turned into.

12. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Ben clearly wants to change the game. Why would we do this if we wanted the same game? Your justification for keeping firemind was literally to make the game more interesting. What about the new players? Like I said, new players shouldn't be getting demolished to no-skill perks, but to good tankers. Also, MW3 and Minecraft are completely different games. Balancing the game mode based on how that game worked makes no sense.

chessgeek10 likes this.
  13. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Fire Mind can just be nerfed, but what I was thinking about was especially how it acts as an alternate to a fire grenade, but a little more convenient.

14. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

Essentially It's multiple fire grenades every game without the use of inventory space. It could be nerfed to a chance to set a zombie fire, but I don't like the area-of-effect aspect. I don't have experience with either of these perks but it may have been too overpowered with surge as well.

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    Firemind is broken. If you want to deal splash damage use a frag or fire grenade. The point of the infected is to be stronger in numbers, but when fighter someone with firemind its much to better to just line up and keep fighting 1v1s as to not feed the survivor scorestreak

Rockin likes this.
  16. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert and Hentai Enthusiast
    On my gaming chair making PM-MC hentai and memes
    I like most of the changes listed here, and here are some of my thoughts on what should be altered.

• Final Stand - It's good to see that players will actually receive credit for killing someone who has final stand, but I'm not really sure if this perk should even stay in the game. It's a really good idea and everything, it's just that sometimes when too many people get their hands on it you have survivors just respawning as leathers which further delays the game. It's even a bit useless for survivors since they will barely be able to fight infected with no gear/food. The only times it comes in handy is when the respawned survivor is able to run from infected for a minute or hide behind a wall of commanders.
    • Riot Shield - I don't know if I can see lots of people using this perk too much either unless the damage reduction is very high. Previously people have rarely used riot shield even when it came with anti-kb and a bit of damage reduction. It was very situational and people would only use it for running from infected when a short amount of time is left, or if they didn't want to be knocked off a narrow ledge. I can see lots of people avoiding purchasing this perk since it just takes up an important space in your hotbar and you will rarely be using it since you can't exactly fight back with it.
    • Z Power - Ehhh, I don't think this perk should stick around. It's one of those perks that has a direct impact on how much damage you are dealing to players, and I don't think that should be a thing. Maybe it could be tweaked to have a different effect later on.
    • Surge - I like surge. It provides that damage buff which allows for tanking, and removing it would ruin the fun for lots of players.
    • Medic - I think this perk should stay, but be changed. I think it should still provide the same amount of healing to other players to encourage team work, but also provide a reward for the player using the bandage. As of right now you only get a cookie for healing someone below half health. I think that should be removed and replaced with something along the lines of whenever you heal a survivor you have a chance of getting an food item back or whenever you heal a survivor with a bandage you also receive regeneration (but a bit less).
    • Sleight of Hand - I think sleight of hand should be one of those perks that needs to stay, but with a change. Tanking as a survivor revolves around sleight of hand, and without any way to drink poison potions quicker they are essentially useless at a certain point. Instead of insta-drinking potions I think that the perk should allow the player to drink potions quicker than normal, but not instantly. Maybe it could allow the player to drink potions 30-50% faster, somewhere around that range. This would still be a nerf to tanking, but not ruin it entirely.
    • Firemind - As of right now firemind is a little bit strong. I think it could stay as a viable perk if you were only given a certain amount of charges each game. For example right now you can use firemind as much as you want, you just have to wait for a cooldown. Instead I think every game you should have maybe 3-4 firemind charges each game and shorten the cooldown. That way people won't just be running around the map exploding fire trails every twenty seconds, and instead they will use firemind in situations they need it the most. After they use up their firemind charges they will not be able to activate firemind again that game.
    • Firesale - Where is firesale? As of right now firesale is a master prestige only perk, I'm not sure if you guys are planning for it to be removed or not so I will just leave my thoughts on it here. I don't think firesale should have the same affect it has now if you do decide on keeping it. I don't have any ideas on what it could do right now, but maybe it could be re-added later down the line.

Rockin, ImWithSmart and CloudsPvP like this.
  17. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

I don't care if fire mind is removed or not. But for the people that don't want it removed. I have thought of a way it could be nerfed. So instead of it being a trail, it would be fixed onto the character so whenever someone hit you, they would take 1/2 a heart of damage. It wouldn't be if they hit you they are burning, it's everytime they hit you that they get the 1/2 a heart of damage. So a bit like thorns but it's fire damage instead. It's the morning and i came up with this on the spot so don't be too harsh.

18. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

You're like @Nick xD maybe wait couple hours then post.

19. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

i just didn't pay attention to what thread i was in. i saw people talking about firemind in this thread so i commented.

don't even know who nick is

what changes in a couple of hours?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2018
    Rockin likes this.
  20. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

I like the sleight of hand idea. I feel like removing it can be an issue for tanking.

CloudsPvP likes this.