1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MCI Class ideas

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by Nick, Oct 15, 2018.

?

Classes?

1. Yes, good idea

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Good idea, but not these classes (need to be more complex)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Good idea, but not these classes (be less complex)

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Classes are a wholly bad idea

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok O. K. Before you start complaining "omg!1!!1! mci is supposed 2 be simple!! stfu stupid!" I'm going to be straight up with you: MCI 3.0 is boring

This should be of no surprise to most players, seeing as mci 3.0 is a bare bones form of 2.0. Yes yes, I understand that it is a beta, but that's the point of a beta, to find issues. My issue is that it is extremely boring. One of my previous ideas was a revamped quest system. While that is all good and nice, we are going to need some more ideas to keep the game interesting and not just a cool small mini gamemode. My idea: Classes

With the announcement of the different progression system, I thought it would be cool to have classes to diversify survivor gameplay even more.

I am aiming for classes to not complex-ify the game too much, so I aimed for more passive abilities, instead of hotkeying abilities. Each class would have a passive ability, and an exclusive prestige perk.

To see different classes, each survivor would have a 3 letter [TAG] next to their username (like mega walls)

You can change your class every time you prestige

To get the Classes Prestige perk, it will cost 5 prestige tokens, but will be active for every class

Passive Ability: (Sword Mastery) - Charge up your sword +.2 damage per second, up to +2 damage. Hitting an infected will unleash the damage in one hit and will require you to recharge your sword.
    Tag: [SLD]
    Prestige Perk: (Focusing Stone) - Each 1 scorestreak = +.1 that can charge on your sword (Ex. Having a 5 ss will make your sword go to +2.5)

Passive Ability: (Sponge) - Receive regen I for 3 seconds upon kill (slightly above half a heart of regen)
    Tag: [TNK]
    Prestige Perk: (Advanced Armor) - Once a life, when you get below 2 hearts you receive absorption II and resistance I for 10 seconds

Passive Ability: (Crossbow) - Left clicking your bow will instantly shoot a half charged arrow, 1 second cooldown. Receive +1 arrow every 10 seconds, max of 30 arrows
    Tag: [CRB]
    Prestige Perk: (Robin Hood) - Any and all of your arrow inflict slowness I for 2 seconds. Headshots deal 30% extra damage.

Passive Ability: (Ground Pound) - Every hit against an infected deals 1 true damage against all other infected in a 3x3 radius of where that infected is
    Tag: [GAD]
    Prestige Perk: (Brawler) - When you kill an infected, your next hit deals +50% damage

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    Bump

3. MineButcher

MineButcher Well-Known Member

Increasing Forum activites
    Home Page:
    i have no comments at this time, please dial one to speak to authorized personnel, good day

4. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Excuse me wtf.

All these are busted besides tank so nope

5. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

r̯͖̳̾̀̒̈́͑̍͛ȏ̿̔̉̑k̍͊̃̉̈́̾̈̆̕͞ȉ̡̃͑͂̔̾͘͘n̨̪͎̮̍̇͒́̄͠͠
    r̯͖̳̾̀̒̈́͑̍͛ȏ̿̔̉̑k̍͊̃̉̈́̾̈̆̕͞ȉ̡̃͑͂̔̾͘͘n̨̪͎̮̍̇͒́̄͠͠
    I was confused reading this whole thing because you never clarified these were classes for survivors and not infected. I suggested something similar in the proposals, though I suggested to have different rank up paths for each class rather than a passive ability.

I fail to see how some passive abilities and perks will diverse the gameplay. Your justification for adding this is to make the game interesting, but all you're asking for is some extra stats for survivors (except for crossbowman, which I think is too OP).

I like the idea of changing the way survivors work, and giving survivors the ability to choose what items they want every rank wasn't exactly what I wanted. Wait until the finished survivor ranks system is released and then I think you should make more of these ideas (Because I have a funny feeling the new system will have flaws).

Also, don't worry about people that are complaining that the game should be simple. Games can be complex, and in all honesty I don't think MCI 2.0 was too complex, just had a lot of unnecessary stuff. You should also put some more effort into justifying adding your idea.

6. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Well-Known Member

The name says it all
    Barbados, No that is not a part of Jamaica -_-
    Wtf
    Swordsman is way too busted, commander campers could be fed a huge ss in a water or ladder spot and become unkillable same can be said for good tankers.

Glad is busted because there's no cooldown and if multiple glads jump in a tank session infected would get decimated

Crossbow is just infinite arrows a game which is busted.

Tank is meh.

7. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    I guess what people are commenting on is the balance of the classes, which I guess I can understand.

But the idea for classes as a survivor can be good if done right, I like the idea. It's kinda like what Skill Points will do in the future, except complex, left clicking a bow and charging up a sword is a bit much imo.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018