1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MCI - Easter Eggs!?!

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by Nick, Jul 12, 2018.

?

Easter Eggs!

Poll closed Jul 22, 2018.
  1. Yes

25.0%
  2. no ur bad nick lmao

75.0%
  1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    I had an idea (wow that's new) that I feel could kinda make the maps feel different and would add more to the map rather than just spots. If anyone knows, Call of Duty's zombies mode has "easter eggs" which are secret challenges within a map. I feel like MCI could do something similar to this, but much simpler. For example, one could be shoot 4 skulls around the map with a bow and arrow, then a blue skull appears in a designated small room. All kills in that room would reward +10% scorestreak. Other things could that there are 3 golden chalices around the map. Getting a kill nearby the chalice will destroy it. Once all chalices are destroyed, the people/person that broke the chalices get a cake (cannot get more than 1)

OR

Completing a/all easter eggs can give you a cosmetic

I feel that adding small little challenges on each map would make them feel different and make things a little more interesting rather than just knowing where to tank/hide on each map

Any other easter egg ideas in the comments would be nice, and if you disagree please tell me why so I can improve on future ideas!

Another question I would like to address is "wouldn't this make mci more complicated?" And well, yes and no. It would provide small boosts, and of course you could just ignore all together and be completely fine. Easter Eggs would be something for people who play a lot and would have fun searching for little challenges and rewards.

RECAP
    In some/every map, there would be little challenges that players could search for. Upon completing them, a small reward would be gifted to those who participated.

Remember to vote in the polls!

~Nick

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    i thought mci 3.0 was being created to make the game less confusing but i almost needed brain surgery trying to understand this so what do you mean

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

What I meant by saying "yes and no" was that most players would just play the map normally without even knowing of its existence. But veteran players would have fun looking and hunting for small little challenges.

So yes, it would make it more complicated, but only for the players willing to commit themselves to searching

4. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    As bacon said, there's no need to overcomplicate MCI 3.0. This isn't an awful suggestion, I just don't think that something like this fits into the gamemode of MCI.

InDstructable likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I dont see how this would over complicate the game. You could just not even know of its existence and not be affected by it at all. This was aimed to give content for players who play many hours every day

Nitromaniac likes this.
  6. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    mci is being reset for players who cannot give as much time to pm so they will stay on the server. giving the more devoted players an even larger advantage would just start the problem all over again

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

it is a small reward for being dedicated and not making every map feel the same. Hell, we could offer no reward and completing every easter egg would just give you a cosmetic/booster

8. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Well-Known Member

The name says it all
    Barbados, No that is not a part of Jamaica -_-
    The Easter challenges was very confusing to new and some old players who have not played in a while and just had it thrown into the chat which then caused the chat to be spam with the same repetitive questions. So this seems more complicated to new players with these random challenges as some could wind up chasing them thinking that it's the objective of the gamemode and get bored of it after a while and leave. I'm not saying that it's a bad idea but I've seen new players think that the Easter challenges were the objective of MCI and literally said "so the point of the gamemode is the do challenges to get crates. That's lame, I'm out"

Rockin likes this.
  9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

they wouldn't get confused because the game doesn't tell you what the challenges are. You have to figure them out. New players would not be affected by them.

10. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

r̯͖̳̾̀̒̈́͑̍͛ȏ̿̔̉̑k̍͊̃̉̈́̾̈̆̕͞ȉ̡̃͑͂̔̾͘͘n̨̪͎̮̍̇͒́̄͠͠
    I don't think this would complicate anything to be honest. A lot of games have hidden achievements, it's not something new players would pay any mind to. I don't think, however, the reward should be any in-game boosts but cosmetics for completing all or a set of them.

Nick likes this.
  11. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert and Hentai Enthusiast
    On my gaming chair making PM-MC hentai and memes
    It's a cool idea and all, but I don't really see it doing too much good for the gamemode. I feel as if it would consist of all the players just instantly finding out how to do every easter egg, quickly do all of them, get the rewards, and then never have to worry about it again. It's kind of like a reworked easter egg hunt event, and I didn't care for the easter egg hunt very much since it seemed more tedious to complete than actually fun. It also distracts players from actually playing the game, and instead could direct their attention to completing easter egg steps/farming. Sorry, but I just don't see this kind of thing fitting in MCI.

Draconium likes this.
  12. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I agree with pretty much everyone else. The last thing we need is hidden tricks and rewards. I think we should actually get rid of camping spots that only the map maker and vet players would know about too. The whole point is to make the game easier to understand, less tedious, and more fun. This just seems like a chore you would have to grind to get some cosmetic or whatever.

13. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

The last thing we need is hidden tricks because we want the game to be easier? I'm pretty sure he already clarified you can play the game without ever knowing of it's existence. And what does camping spots have to do with it? We don't have to build any type of special spot for it. And what exactly is wrong with a bit of grind for cosmetics?

14. psandoval19

psandoval19 Well-Known Member

art prostitute
    i sense a bit of my satire style in this post.

I don't quite post much on these kinds of threads as far as suggestions and re-works of MCI go, simply because I want to see all the options presented first, then I'll ask clarifying questions later. However, I feel the need to reply to this one mainly because I felt obligated to put actual input into this post, rather than call Nick out on using my satiric effect.

ANYWAY, the dispute on whether this is over-complicated or brain-numb easy: It's easy enough to have no real change in the game, but incorporating these challenges into MCI 3.0 just seems like more work for very, very little affect. In order for it to be simple for game play (which is what we can agree what we're trying to achieve in the reset- simple and fun for everyone!), these Easter Egg challenges need to have rewards small enough that it's negligible. The reason for this is that we don't want the challenges to have such a large prize is because:

A.) A fraction of people will get a huge advantage over the majority or;
    B.) Everyone will get huge advantages because word gets out and people exploit them, perhaps resembling the atmosphere of 2.0

Not to mention, including a different challenge for every map takes a lot of creative thinking, time that I don't think the community wants to wait any longer to have these minor changes included upon 3.0's release. This is especially prominent when you consider how many maps Ben and Co. intend to keep; there are way too many maps to find spots to hide these little things, especially if they're going to contain a variety of challenges.

Sure, you may make the argument that they'll only be in select maps, but at the end of the day, it's just more work to do that impedes the progress of bigger, broader ideas for 3.0. Better topics for discussion are the key factors, and this just seems so insignificant compared to the other discussions at the moment. Until the gamemode is fully fleshed out, I think the idea of Easter Eggs is hard to consider at the moment, for the sole purpose that we do not know how 3.0's game play will maneuver.

Upon 3.0's release, there could definitely be some more discussion about possible additions and removals of the game, whether to spice it up or simplify it further. The purpose of 3.0 is to have the game play stand on its own. It shouldn't need crazy kits, perks, or challenges to keep it interesting. Sure, they're nice to flavor the dish, but arguing adamantly about it at the moment just seems kind of... pointless, per se.

It's not a terrible idea, I just think it's not an urgent one, or one that's so virtually demanding that it NEEDS to be included in 3.0's core mechanics. I suppose my advice is to keep the idea on the back shelf of the brain. If anyone feels particularly passionate about the idea and believes it should very well be apart of 3.0, then please elaborate on the idea furthermore. Conjure the challenges and specify which maps they'd be included on. Explain, in depth, how it would work, and how discreet they should be.

As of now, the idea is so vague it is hard for people to understand exactly what you want included. For all I know, these could easily be interchangeable with achievements. Do XYZ and you get a notification about how great you are.

PLEASE NOTE that I don't mention this for someone to rewrite the whole idea in 36 minutes and be like "Okay psan, here's my paper! 800 words on what not to do at a stop light!"

Rushing to get it done and show how it'll work briefly is not what I mean by elaborating on the idea. Please take your time and think critically about its significance. Upon further inspection, you may realize that the work simply isn't worth the payout. If we want 3.0's success to have the highest probability it can, slapping together a few poorly thought out ideas will not get us anywhere. Taking our time to really think about how these little changes influence the body of the game can greatly differentiate between a successful 3.0, or a failing one.

The same goes for this piece. If you would like to see more constructive feedback, develop it more, and maybe suggest it at a more appropriate time, because as of now, the relevance of Easter Egg challenges isn't much.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Agent40, CommanderBox, Rockin and 3 others like this.
  15. Rockin

Rockin Well-Known Member

I'm not particularly passionate about this suggestion, I just didn't like how people were using random excuses to bash on Nick's idea because of his reputation for unpopular ideas.

Agent40 and psandoval19 like this.
  16. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I didn't say "we want the game to be easier", I said that the last thing we need is hidden tricks and rewards. There is a difference between easy to understand and easy game. Is easy to understand the ways that you move the 6 different pieces in chess, but that doesn't mean its an easy game to master.

I didn't say "we need to build special spots for this suggestion", I brought up the already existing camping spots and pointed out the already unfair advantage knowing a map can give a player as a reason why there is zero need for any other advantages.

And several things come to mind when you ask what exactly is wrong with "a bit of grind", like the fact that it's rarely a bit, it's usually an amount of time that the average 12 year old doesn't have the "computer time" or patience for (how long would it take to even visit every map in the game once, yet find some obscure puzzle like "shoot 4 skulls around the map with a bow and arrow, then a blue skull appears in a designated small room"), it kind of ruins the game when people are trying to do random specific things instead of surviving, like the old egg hunt, grind is mind numbingly boring and I resent most video games that resort to grind in order to lengthen out runtime/get you to play more, and I don't believe cosmetics belong in a game like MCI.

Same as any other suggestion, I will always have opinions based on the idea. Although I must admit I often gag a little when I see the word "woof" written out on this forum followed by an uncontrollable urge to roll my eyes and bring the palm of my hand to my forehead, you bet your bottom dollar as soon as any good suggestion I read that was written by nick has a supportive comment on it written by me.