1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[Mci] Reindeer companion adjustments

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Furiosus_, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    Suggestion name: Reindeer companion adjustments

What gamemode is it for: Mcinfected

What does your suggestion do: Changes the reindeer companion so that it will be used more. I think the concept is really good but the interactions should be reworked. Things I would like to see changed are:
    • How the mob looks
    • The carrot system
    So at the moment the Reindeer companion is a horse. I think this should be way smaller, because it gets killed way to quick. And for it only being a companion in the game, I feel like it should just be smaller. Since companions are something extra and shouldn't be the main focus. My suggestion is to change the Reindeer companion to a brown baby sheep. this way it will last way longer in the games and it would give it some more love. To make the companion not look like a normal sheep but like an actual reindeer, adding the antlers to it and maybe giving it a red nose would be pretty cool. Adding these features can be done similar to how the antlers on the current companion.

So moving on to the carrot system. I'll first give a quick explaination of how it's currently done, after that I'll give my suggestion.
    So currently if you spawn your companion, you get a clock. When rightclicked it teleports you back in time, just like the rewind kit in SnD. On default, it teleports you back in time 15seconds. When you feed your companion a carrot, it adds 5 more seconds. The carrots are obtained by getting kills. The max time you can have is 30 seconds. And if you use your teleport, it sets the time to 0 seconds. If you feed it again, it adds 5 seconds. and so on.

How I think it should be: Again, I love the idea, so I want to keep it but simplify the useage. So Instead of giving you carrots every time you get a kill. I feel like the time should be added up instantly, still with a max of 30 seconds. Any kills gotten after your companion is on 30 seconds, will not do anything for your companion. When you decide you want to teleport back in time, you click your clock again. It then resets the time to 0, and any further kills you get will be added up to the teleportation time.

Pros of your suggestion: Encourages people to use this companion more, which would be really nice. Because the way it works is really cool. And c'mon, who doesn't want to see Rudolph's brothers and sisters more often?

Cons of your suggestion:
    Can't think of any, if you have any, make sure to comment :)

Example of how it could look in game:
    A brown baby sheep with some cool features. Unfortunately I can't give you a picture of how it looks.

Other information:
    I thougt I'd make this suggestion since a lot of the new packages got the old companions buffed. Hope this suggestion will be taken in consideration. and as always, leave any thoughts and opninions in the comments.

Greetingz Buiten :p

2. YellowTehMinerz

YellowTehMinerz Member

I like this and I think it would make more people get the Christmas rank but the problem I can think of is that It Could be very hard to kill like the Turkey companion.
    Good Suggestion like to see it added anyway :)

Alex likes this.
  3. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    Bumpp :p,
    I'd love to see some of your opinions on this, since (unfortunately) I don't have perfect ideas. I'd be a billionair by now then ;P

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  4. FrostySloppy

FrostySloppy New Member

No it wouldn't its just as hard as a patriotic companion and pot of gold.
    Since I see only one person use this companion and that person uses it to run only so what if you have a combat tag of 5 seconds any time out of that charges the companions time?