1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[MCI] Shock change

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by MutatedGrape, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Do you want this implemented?

1. No

32.0%
  2. Yes

68.0%
  1. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Suggestion name: Shock change

What gamemode is it for: MCI

What does your suggestion do: Prevents Shocks tping in a group-

An individual human can only be Lightning Dashed to every 3 seconds.

Pros of your suggestion: This will not affect solo Shocks, the only time that you will be able to see the difference is if you are intentionally trying to shock to the same person all at once.

Cons of your suggestion: Nothing really, except Mayhem+'s might be more isolated in a way.

Example of how it could look in game Message will say: "Wait 3 seconds before shocking to that player."

Other information: Humans can't play with 5 shocks flying at someone every 30 seconds, and I don't even play human.

Wack_Attack, Nitromaniac and Bacon like this.
  2. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    and no more ks

MutatedGrape likes this.
  3. Wack_Attack

Wack_Attack Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    Home Page:
    Shock mains voting no. Kek.

I'm all for this, getting targeted by shock groups is one of the most painful things in game.

MutatedGrape likes this.
  4. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    The thing is though it's not like shocks plan to teleport to one person all at once. Most of the time it's just a coincidence and doesn't happen very often. The most shocks I have seen teleport to a person at one time is 2, excluding the time there was a shock relog army for laughs.

5. Rexense

Rexense Active Member

Producing fire!
    Great idea

6. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    Agent told me to say this for him "And how exactly would this be useful in anyway? This isn't really useful in my eyes, care you elaborate?" ~Agent40

7. DavinMaas

DavinMaas New Member

I don't see much of a purpose for this. I am currently maxing out the shock class and hardly ever while I'm using the kit do another shock and I flash to the same human. I don't really mind if this is implemented, however.

Agent40 and Dat_Skeleton like this.
  8. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    I feel like @ewald22 caused this suggestion by doing Army's :>

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Dat_Skeleton likes this.
  9. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    How about make it something like 10 seconds or maybe fix the bug where you can't teleport to the same person twice in a row. That'll sure fix shock a bit.

10. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    You guys realize you're just providing more reasons to implement this suggestion.

The Shock change isn't meant to affect solo shocks in case you didn't read the post clearly enough, it's meant for groups. This just confirms that solo shocks would hardly notice a change if it were implemented, and prevents groups at the same time. How? If 5 shocks were to dash to a single survivor it would take 12+ seconds to do so, it would be way past time before the last one lands.

Shocks do intentionally lightning dash to the same person, A LOT. I notice this all the time even as infected, it's not just armies (which was even more than "that time"). Even so, the difference is that other kits don't have the same targetting system shock does, so armies are out of the discussion in other occasions.

EDIT** You can now change your votes, sorry about that guys.

Oh yeah, I was going to suggest 5 seconds, but then it would start to be noticeable for those who freely play shock. Also, not being able to dash to the same person is intentional to prevent targetting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2017
    Wack_Attack and Bacon like this.
  11. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    That's good. It may stop people from using shock a lot. Just think about it. A YouTuber joins. They get targeted by shocks. Do you really think they would want to record again? Making the time much longer will completely obliterate any chance of targeting as a human, which is an amazing thing in my opinion.

12. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

yes do this, it's pretty bullshit ewald and everyone were doing shock armies and all teleporting one person all that's gonna do is make the damn players leave lmao logic people...

13. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

A more simple solution would be to remove shock and titan, refund mayhem +'s with dozens of boosters... more players will log on to get these boosters and you remove the kits that were an unnecessary addition in the first place.

Nobody donates 250 to get shock, they donate to get every future addition that will cost money.

If that doesn't happen (it won't), then I support this idea.

14. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    If any kit needs to be removed, it would be turkey. The idea behind the kit doesn’t work for a gamemode like MCI.

Wack_Attack likes this.
  15. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    Okay so armies have been done a couple of times and have maintained a strong amount of players participating and even those who aren't participating still stay because...( god knows why ), I don't get why you keep saying this after being proven wrong so many times. The only time it seems to die is AFTER armies have finished. Even when people are doing it with Shock, it's easily countered by various maps on MCI anyway.

16. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    Armies were a joke and people who rage quit over them just can't take a joke, a kit should not be changed because of a random event organized by a mod. In the absence of armies I very, very rarely see two shocks teleport to someone twice in a row. Now, to stop shock being able to go for the same person over and over? I support that entirely. (And yes, I'm a shock user) For the cooldown to stop group shocks I really wouldn't care, but it seems very unnesessary.

CREEPER__1 and lobster like this.
  17. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    Armies happen frequently. They are busted as fuck if you use the right kit, and rage quitting is perfectly reasonable if 5+ vamps or shocks attack you at once, seeing how you either fail to kill a single one(vamp) or get lightning strikes 80 billion times. It would be a joke if the army was shit, but some kits just ruin the game in armies

MutatedGrape and Hoozier like this.
  18. KingDuder

KingDuder Well-Known Member

Tryharding a block game.
    Firstly, shock does need a system where it cannot flash to the same player twice in a row unless theres a certain amount of players left or if theres less than a minute in the game (not sure if this exists or not thats why im addressing it)

Secondly, I do agree that a group of shocks cannot just tp to a player as it would be unfair, but speaking realistically, it would be very rare this occurs, and even during shock armies, they dont just target a specific player right away, most of the time its just playing that kit and trying to get kills. This is an idea that addresses something that is not as major of an issue as a lot of problems. This is a good idea, just this issue is not common enough to be urgent.

Thirdly, armies arent to be taken seriously and a lot of people know this. Quitting the moment you find out ts is hosting kit armies would only be valid in specific scenarios. I would understand leaving for the moment because you need a challenge or whatever that becomes harder if theres infected armies, but dealing with 10 vamps from an army should at the end of the round provide a laugh. The sheer idea of an army of specific kits attacking one player is funny to me. I am biased in saying this as I enjoy seeing armies from time to time, but MCInfected really isnt something that should be taken too seriously in my opinion, just pvp or hide or run the best you can while still being comfortable and enjoying the game.

I know my grammar and spelling isnt the best, but thanks if you read this

19. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    The first line that you pointed out is an extremely lame excuse, I'm sure society can already tell you as a whole that jokes can be unnecessary and are irrelevant to the point I was trying to make (read my previous comment). I'm sure I've already said that shocks aren't dashing to the same person just during armies, I've seen shocks in groups of about 2 to 4 dash to the same player occasionally (I'm 100% sure that they're intentional).
    This was almost the same scenario with shock before the tweak that prevented them from dashing to the same person twice in a row, not many players did it, but it was there.

Shock already can't dash to the same person twice in a row, however shocks can dash to the same person at the same time. If you think about it mathematically, dashing to the same person along with others is the very same concept that the tweak tried to prevent.

KingDuder likes this.
  20. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    An army of any kit even slightly powerful is strong, largely because the harder that kit is to unlock the more likely the player using it is skilled. Should we nerf vampire cause someone was trying to get a mission but instead got their ass whooped by ten vampires? Ok. Lets also nerf titan, ten titans rush one guy, its likely they all transform at once, obviously overpowered. Lets also nerf skeleton, ten arrows per second firing at you? Too strong. EVERY KIT except the roughly three that are weak is overpowered in an army, thats why the army is a joke.