1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[MCI] Shock change

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by MutatedGrape, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Do you want this implemented?

1. No

32.0%
  2. Yes

68.0%
  1. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Again, you didn't read what I had posted in my other comments, Shock has a unique targetting system, making it have a dramatic effect especially in groups.
    I also have to disagree with you on the first line again, there are many kits out there that don't go well in armies (such as Snowman, Zombie, Easter Bunny, Baby Zombie), the most impact in armies is the cause of using /kill itself, I'm sure this is a huge cause, as during events you also can see players relog and kill a lot more humans than usual.

2. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    Shock can teleport as many times as it wants, to the same person, in a row...
    Here I can agree with what seems to be a massive, massive complaint about shock. The fact it can choose its targets at all. While this is a vital part of the kit, it has added an element of persistant assaults weaker players cannot deal with. As a user of lightning dash V, I can say that by the time I flash to someone, fall, fight them (and very often lose) I am immediately able to use the ability again, memorize their skin for a time to teleport easier, and persist until they are dead or otherwise too difficult to kill. I have also been on the defending side, while I find shocks quite easy to fight even as a low rank, it can be annoying when they teleport right back over me as if they didn't even die. I do not think shock needs the suggested change, I think it needs to be rebuilt. It is THE basis for people saying mayhem+ is pay-to-win, it is in the top three most powerful kits of all time and it is used more than ever since the black friday sale. The shock army was proof of this. When I say remake I do NOT mean nerf it to the ground, I mean alter it to no longer be a target kit, and keep its current combat power.

MutatedGrape likes this.
  3. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Well now we know it's a bug, it still doesn't deter what I was trying to prove though.
    I don't understand what you mean by "nerf to the ground," many players agree this change wouldn't affect shock at all except when in a group. If I understand, what you said is basically saying that this would change what makes shock the type of kit it is, which isn't the case, this will only prevent players using it in a way that was unintended and without a doubt ruin other players' gameplay.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  4. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    By "nerf to the ground" I mean if a different change was implemented that destroyed the kit, this has been done numerous times in the past to other kits. I am unsure if your post if you realized I was mostly speaking to the above 'bug' being a feature, and that it should not be. Shock should teleport randomly. That is the idea I am trying to convey.