1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[MCI] Skeleton Nerf

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by kingkory2, Aug 21, 2016.

1. kingkory2

kingkory2 Member

OP Infected
    Name: Skeleton Nerf
    Gamemode: Mcinfected
    Suggestion: First Skeleton's base is changed by giving it a limited supply of arrows that recharge. This new path will replace the melee path and will change the skeleton max arrow amount and how fast it recharges arrows. Values can be changed to balance it as you see fit but my base would be path 1 would have 5 arrow max and recharge every 10 seconds while path 5 would be 10 arrow max and 5 recharge.
    Pros: Skeleton is in need of a nerf and I felt that the reason it's unfair is how you're able to spam the player with little consequences. I also felt like the melee path was out of place when the concept of the class is ranged based especially considering it makes it one of the most powerful melee weapons in the game.
    Cons: People who main the class will be unhappy
    Other: I Haven't put much thought into unlocking the recharge path but I think something like hit the same person 3 times in a row might work and that would be done around 200 times

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    My idea for the path:
    Recharge

[
    Level One] Get 1 arrow every 5 seconds. You can hold 2 arrows max.

[Level Two] Get 1 arrow every 4 seconds. You can hold 2 arrows max

[Level Three] Get 1 arrow every 4 seconds. You can hold 3 arrows max.

[Level Four] Get 1 arrow every 3 seconds.
    You can hold 3 arrows max.

[Level Five] Get 2 arrows every 4 seconds.
    You can hold 4 arrows max.

Also, when you hit someone with a bow it should deal +2 damage and has knockback I

3. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    Uhhh no, sorry but ye I am one of those skeleton mains, and even though this is a good idea..it is fairly easy to dodge most arrows ._.

It is also very useful to kill people in hard to reach places.

Skeleton doesn't really do much damage to begin with anyway, so nerfing skeleton is like nerfing zombie and only doing half a heart damage.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Make the skeleton's bow gain 1 level of power, that way it feels more like a skeleton with devastating arrows instead of an arrow generator. Bow spamming is SO annoying, mainly when you don't even have a bow. I also have another idea: For every 1 second a skeleton has an arrow in his inventory/hotbar, it does 1% more damage. For example, if you have an arrow and save it for 20 seconds, it will deal 20% more damage.

5. Luke

Luke The Classy British Mod Moderator

Hub AFKer
    Camp in a corner with some arrows for 3 minutes then get a headshot from 30 blocks with Sniper V. +180% for the time, +30% for the headshot, then another +30% for the distance? Isn't overpowered at all, is it?

Power 1 isn't bad though, it only does an extra heart or two in normal MC.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

But you just wasted 75% of the round...
    Not to mention that it would be hard to shoot that far and get a headshot when most humans are dead after waiting 3/4ths of the round
    If you manage to pull that off then you deserve that kill
    I don't really feel like this is needed, but will make the class more like an actual skeleton which doesn't fire 10 arrows every second (cough cough Keldricc)

7. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    By removing melee, you completely invalidate skele when it comes to getting even near a human. With the limited arrows, you can't bowspam for long with level 1, even if you do fully charged shots. Also, using the arrow spam argument is not that good of a point, seeing how a lot of the people on Project Mayhem are bad at swordrushing. Finally, riot shield makes it near impossible for skeleton to fight survivors at medium range, and by removing melee you screw them over completely, reducing skele to a kit that can only be used from 40+ blocks away.

I like the idea, but removing melee is something that I disagree with. I feel like nerfing it to 3 or 4 damage would be better.

8. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    its not overpowered because not everyone can get a headshot from 30 blocks that takes skill lmao. try to hit a someone from 30 blocks in the head while they are running around and other infected getting in the way of your shot. And not everyone has Sniper V...

Skele doesnt need a nerf, its one of the few classes in this game that actually takes skill to use correctly. A bad skele is easy to kill, run up and smack it with your sword or just shoot it with your bow, its pretty easy to counter when the skele is bad. If its someone who is good at skele, just use your grenades to completely screw up their shot, or run away and let someone else deal with it. And remember, if you are dying allot to skele, its probably keldricc lmao

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I don't see this as a nerf, more of a change. My idea increases the amount of damage arrows do instead of having having an avalanche of arrows to kill someone.

10. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    He wants to limit the amount of arrows skele gets, that is a clear nerf to me

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it increases the amount of damage an arrow does

12. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    that was your idea not the OP of the thread's idea

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about my idea ;-;

14. kingkory2

kingkory2 Member

OP Infected
    Your points are saying how annoying skeleton is. Skeletons not the only class able to kill people in hard to reach places, almost half the classes do it. The problem skeleton has is the ability to spam and still be almost unstoppable since skeletons have unlimited arrows and can respawn. You can't dodge all 250 arrows they spam out especially since most spots have so little room.

But the idea of a skeleton is ranged, melee should be it's 1 weakness at least. The fact that it has the best ranged AND one of the best melees in the game is absurd.

Yes they're easy to kill if they're right in front of you which won't happen often (and even if so they do they deal more damage then the melee classes). The problem comes when you can't reach them, they'll put you in a position where you have to take the damage and let them slowly kill you or jump down to kill them then die to the hoard both result in death. Most reply with you can shoot them back but for how long? They just keep coming back with infinite arrows, no amount of arrows, vacuum or blind grenades can save you.

Nick likes this.
  15. kingkory2

kingkory2 Member

OP Infected
    I like the idea not sure about kb bow. like it keeps them people away which is good but it would be easily abused

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

kb is like 2 blocks of kb. It was meant so they can hit someone then shoot someone, or buy some time to get arrows. It can be abused though, but it would be useful for a skeleton melee weapon

17. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I only see 1-3 skeletons a game, thats not half
    I want video proof of someone shooting 250 arrows at you. And if they are spamming arrows, they will only travel like 2 blocks so I don't see the issue. Or I guess for you "spam" is aiming and shooting. In that case, stop being a baby and shoot back. If you have no arrows, sucks for you, humans arent supposed to win all the time.

"best melee in the game"
    Takes a long time to upgrade the melee to max. And when it isnt upgraded, it isnt that good. Skeleton has bad armor, if it hits you more than twice, then you are just really bad at the game

Jump down and die to the hoard? What hoard are you talking about? You are thinking about a specific circumstance.
    You are camping in a spot where it is hard for infected to reach at you. Then a skeleton shows up, and you rage because "oh no my op camping spot is not super op anymore" Every camping spot has a weakness. There are some camping spots that skeletons cant even shoot you from, but they are a bit easier for infected to reach, and there are some camping spots where it is hard for infected classes to meet, but skeleton and other ranged classes can get some shots in. If you are really complaining about how you die to a skeleton shooting you, then stop playing mcinfected. Camping does not always get you the win. Suck it up and learn to counter skeleton. Its easy:

Go away from the skele
    Shoot the skele, it has waaay less health than you
    throw any grenade at the skele, they all make it useless

18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Sticky grenades don't do much to a skele :p
    I think the point he is trying to get across is that all ranged class (Blaze, Wither, Scarecrow) all have a cooldown. And a skeleton's bow can deal 5 damage at level V, which is the same as a stone sword. Skeleton is supposed to be mainly ranged, but it also has a good melee too. I don't really think skele needs a nerf imo. Its fine how it is. I just made my idea to be helpful

19. Luke

Luke The Classy British Mod Moderator

Hub AFKer
    The only nerf that Skely needs is one to stop the bowspam, and with your idea:
    I'm fully supportive of the recharging arrows, just they should be gained more often, so you can keep suppressing humans, like when they are in a camping spot like the one in Downturn. Maybe like this:

1: Get 1 arrow every 2 seconds. Maximum 5 arrows.
    2: Get 1 arrow every 2 seconds. Maximum 6 arrows.
    3: Get 1 arrow every 1.75 seconds. Maximum 7 arrows.
    4: Get 1 arrow every 1.5 seconds. Maximum 8 arrows.
    5: Get 1 arrow every 1.25 seconds. Maximum 10 arrows.

With this, bowspam isn't really an option since you'll run out of arrows, but you can still carry out suppressive fire on humans in camping spots.

20. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    alright, lemme explain this to you.

Most classes that are able to get people in hard the reach places are the most hardest classes to unlock or you need to purchase the donor rank. (This does not include vampire because that's pretty easy to unlock when I did it).

Anyway, best melee? Wtf..Mother Zombie has the one of the best melee's in the game because of its Sharpness 1 sword. I thought that skeleton did serious damage because of its melee path but found out it actually really crap and didn't do nothing even with a lvl 4 path ._. , I don't get why you are complaint about the melee path when the thread is based on the bow spam