1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

mci spot nerf

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by kenzanatior9000, Oct 2, 2017.

1. kenzanatior9000

kenzanatior9000 Member

i think the water spot on the map jungle behind spawn needs to be nerfed idk if i need templates

2. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Active Member

Trying to become better at pvp!
    Can u share some screen shots so we know where, but next time talk to a staff member about patches not making a post.

3. ImWithSmart

ImWithSmart ImWithMod Moderator

That One Guy Who Likes To Explore The Lobby & Mod
    Home Page:
    As Hale said, please share some screenshots of what you mean. I am aware of what you are talking about, but not necessarily everyone is, which is why it is preferred that you put some screenshots.

When it comes to the nerf itself, I think the spot is fine as it is. Obviously, water is going to act differently than ladders. The differences provided by the fact that it is water instead of ladders is nice. You travel slightly faster in water than you do going down ladders, so that's a plus right there. Also, it's not a terribly overused or even used spot at the moment. Granted a high player count is in the future, it could beg some more discussion and regard to the idea itself.

Draconium likes this.
  4. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Active Member

The name says it all
    HALE FOR MOD!!!!

HaleStorm likes this.
  5. Claw

Claw Active Member

From my experience with the spot, there are many different ways that you overcome it. There are multiple kits invented for different reasons. You could use kits like Guardian, Wither Skeleton to slowly decrease the HP of the humans hiding down below. These are just some of the various kits that you can use to take the humans down whilst in the water spot. It's not impossible!

6. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    Ken we know you are new to the forums, but can you not make useless posts like this? It gets your point nowhere, and just makes you look bad. This stuff should be posted in ideas and suggestions and follow the template. You aren't even using proper grammar "mic spot nerf" how tf do you nerf a microphone? Please proofread and think before you make a post.

Nick and upstar1 like this.
  7. NorthernCanadian

NorthernCanadian Member

Hockey
    I thought u said (or bacon) that everyone should shitpost to keep forums alive @CREEPER__1

8. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    He didn't intend for this to be a shitpost though, he meant for this to be an actual suggestion.

9. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Pro Minecwaft pwayer
    The spot isn't even that great lol. Guardian, quite literally, shreads every survivor who tries to camp there

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  10. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    Here's a helperino for ya my dude:

First move the thread to Ideas and Suggestions.

Then follow the template like so:

Suggestion name: MCInfected Spot Nerfing

What gamemode is it for: MCInfected

What does your suggestion do: Nerfs the water spot behind spawn on the map jungle.

Pros of your suggestion: In my opinion, it would make the game more balanced in the fight between humans and Infected

Cons of your suggestion: Could upset people who frequently use this spot.

Example of how it could look in game: Maybe just remove the water up until the first block: This would make the spot less picked due to the fact that it is now a once you're in, you're in for the rest of the game situation, as well as it would make it easier for infected to attack because they could jump off a block and go through the 1 block of water faster because of the downwards momentum they have just given themselves.

Other information: I just found the spot to be too overpowered and thought that a small nerf without removing the spot entirely would increase the gameplay experience for all players, especially infected.

I hope you don't mind i added some personal opinions on the subject to the template. Also don't see this as me trying to say "dummy use the template", you mentioned that you were missing a template so i thought I would help you out.

Nice suggestion.

- Soup

Diamond, Masteraj12, Agent40 and 8 others like this.
  11. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

lmao

I have to agree on the suggestion. He may have not put it where it needs to be, but if you play MCI you know where the spot he's talking about is.

Furiosus_ likes this.
  12. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    If any spot needs a nerf, it is the well spot in Medieval Kingdom

Hypris, Masteraj12, lobster and 3 others like this.
  13. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    no, spawn needs a nerf

14. ImWithSmart

Home Page:
    Now now, let's not get ahead of ourselves (pls no nerf).

15. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

All button spots should not exist. MK, Jungle, Riverbend, and Village (maybe more idk) have incredibly busted spots for tanking (aka spamming left click).

16. scapecrafter

scapecrafter Member

Minecraft PvP
    Home Page:
    but i love to spam my left click ):

but i second the fact that there are kits that can more easily kill campers at such spots, if there arent or if they arent that effective, then the infected kit(s) is the thing that should be changed imo

17. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Pro Minecwaft pwayer
    People shouldnt have to change their kit just to counter one spot. I do believe in the nerf of all spots.

18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    No no no you're wrong.

Some kits are better at countering certain occurrences (Vamp counters parkour spots, Skeleton counters campers, titan counters tankers, etc)

That is why we have so many infected kits

lordslaughter20 likes this.
  19. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Active Member

The name says it all
    The point of the spots are to aid in survival. The point of kits are to counter or balance whatever spots that are paired with survivors using perks. That's is the entire reason that new kits are brought out not just off of personal opinion looking @CREEPER__1 and his magma bear.

Bacon and CREEPER__1 like this.
  20. ImWithSmart

Home Page:
    Not all spots are necessarily OP. True, button spots are a pain to find and get used to as a new player, and other spots take many rounds of practice to parkour just right so you know how to hit it every time. This is the reason for the diversity of infected kits.

Imagine being stuck as zombies and mother zombies on a map such as Resort. A couple commanders on the balcony with kb swords, and you may as well say goodbye to the win. This is where the diversity of the kits comes in. Vampires and Shocks were designed for situations like this. True, the commanders aren't going to die right off the bat, but distract them enough and you get other zombies in there that can help out. Divide and conquer, and now it's just a matter of time before the end of the round comes about. This scenario is not guaranteed, and yeah, the commanders are gonna win sometimes. So? It doesn't necessarily mean that a certain rank or kit is broken/weak, it just means that fate decided it simply wasn't going to happen. Also, not everyone is going to have access to these kits, but I doubt there is a 10+ player game with no one having access to vampire. It's one of the basic kits that one can turn into a killing machine. Again, killing machine not guaranteed.

The point is, not everything is broken. Give some stuff a second chance. Diversity of kits is there for a reason. I agree with AJ when he says we should remove all button spots, they are pretty ridiculous. However, there is a way to counter most everything else. Plus, we're all in this magical place called the MCInfected 2.0 Discussion area. If you seriously think that there is a spot that is too OP, make a thread about that spot. It's what @kenzanatior9000 did, and I applaud him for it. It opens and encourages (not always healthy) discussion about that spot, you get feedback from others (Disclaimer: Project Mayhem is in no way, shape or form responsible for any negative feedback, granted it follows our guidelines. In short, prepare for hate/dislike, your idea isn't necessarily going to be a popular one just because you like it.) and you and the community communicate to the staff about your opinions on this spot. We do discuss what you guys talk about and your suggestions, even if it doesn't seem like it.

In short, some things are going to seem OP, but there are many ways around it. If you still feel that there are spots that are too OP, bring it up here and we can talk about it.

Carbon and Getaway. Need I say more?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2017
    Nick and Draconium like this.