1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MCI Tutorial

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by baseballaholic22, Aug 4, 2017.

?

Is this a good idea.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    Hi, if you were reading the comment I wrote on a thread i forgot the name of I wrote something about a in depth tutorial
    Here is that thread, grab some popcorn, and buckle your seat-belts because we are about to go on a wild ride!! (Cringe intended)
    (btw I know im not using the format i will go over everything it provides i just hate using it I feel limited)
    I believe when a player joins mci there should be a mandatory tutorial.
    First Tutorial
    When a player first joins mci they should be warped to the tutorial instead of the lobby. They will spawn in as a human with chat telling them that as a human you try to hide until the end of the round and that the infected can be killed. A zombie should appear while they are in the tutorial and it will hit them for 1 heart and say, oh no, you have taken damage and can't regen! The human will kill the zombie and get a melon. The chat will say eat a melon it gives 1 heart back! a zombie will spawn and they have to kill it and they will get an apple. Same thing happens as the melon. They then, die to the zombie, and the chat will say, "oh no, you have been infected! Go kill the remaining survivors!" As a zombie they will see a name around the corner and go kill the human. When they get to the human the game will pause and say "the survivor is about to through a sticky grenade, you will be slowed!" the sticky grenade shall be thrown and they will see the effect. It will do the same for the vacuum grenade, flash grenade, and the knockback grenade. The player will then be warped into an area on the map to learn about infected kits. They will see a zombie and in chat it will say "This is a zombie. The zombie is the default kit on MCI, and the only one you have unlocked right now! To unlock more kits you must do the challenges for each kit. The enderman kit or vampire kit GUI should pop out and you will find a way to tell them that those 2 clay's are the challenges. (Also IMO the challenge clay's to unlock a kit should be yellow, or a different color clay because people always ask how to unlock a kit, and we say the top 2 red clay, but it would be so much easier if we just say look at the yellow, because there will be only 2 yellow). They will be shown the skeleton kit and its shooting, the enderman kit will tp after the skeleton, and it will say, "this is an enderman, it teleports to a random survivor. It will also be shown the vampire kit right in front of it. The vampire will appear, and then the chat will say, "when in bat mode the vampire can fly." The vampire turns into bat mode while standing still then slowly flies away. It will also be shown baby zombie and chat will say "this is a baby zombie, it gets speed 2 and has a smaller hitbox."

That will be the first tutorial. The second part will be at rank 13, when the player gets their iron helmet. I think the tutorial should be in multiple parts because this game is way too overwhelming to have everything at the start.

Second tutorial (rank 12 or 13)
    Now that the player has had some playtime to comprehend the first tutorial and learn the basics it gets a little more complex.
    They will learn about the Witch, Iron Golem, Slime, Wither Skeleton, Blaze, Werewolf, Phantom, Mole, Squid, and Guardian. You guys get the concept for how each kit will be explained, so im not going to go in depth on it.
    After all that, they will become an infected and learn about the Fire Grenade, Cleanse Grenade, and the Dizzy Grenade. It will explain those grenades are impossible for them to get until they get Demolitionist Perk. Again, don't have to go in depth on it because i've already explained it, but if you want to talk to me on teamspeak about it you can.

That will be all for this tutorial

Third Tutorial (Rank 19)
    This tutorial will be light on the kits and more focused on scorestreaks.
    The tutorial will go over the kits, shock, titan, and headless horseman.
    For the scorestreaks, the player will spawn in and will be told to kill some infected. When they get to a 4 scorestreak they will be 5 hearts down. They get a porkchop and the chat will say, "You got a porkchop! Eat it to gain 4 hearts!" Another infected spawns in from their and they will get down to half a heart. They kill the infected, and gain a gapple. They will learn about the str and poison pots. They will get to learn how the cycle restarts, and be told a rumor about the Legendary 25 ss Diamond Sword, so it's kind of a thing they strive for.

Fourth Tutorial (Rank 25)
    As they hit rank 25, I believe they should be told about prestiging.
    The chat should say something like, "You are now close to prestiging! Once you earn 5000 cookies you can prestige, and use Prestige Tokens to earn perks! You can look at the perks by doing /pshop. You get 2 tokens for prestiging, and each perk costs 1-4 tokens. The recommended perks you should get your first prestige are Sleight of Hand and Blast Shield!" Once will start again at rank 1, and grind up to prestige again! It will also go over the kits, Easter Bunny, Turkey, Scarecrow, Grinch, Snowman, Cupid, and Leprechaun.

Fifth Tutorial (Prestige 2)
    At the second prestige the player should be shown what each companion does in a tutorial. They should get to spawn in with 1 companion at a time, and they should be told how to use it to test it out and know what it does. They should also be told about boosters, and what each one does because a lot of people get confused about the Night and Eclipse Boosters.

Sixth Tutorial (Prestige 10)
    As they hit prestige 10 for those who make it that far, will be told about master prestiging.
    It will explain why master prestiging is useful, and that their previous prestige perks will be taken away to get 2 permanent perks. It should say "The recommended perks for Master Prestiging is Scavenger, and a EXTREMELY RECOMMENDED perk is Fire Sale." Overall, this tutorial explains why master prestiging is beneficial and what it does.

Pros: This highly detailed tutorial allows newer players to have a greater understanding of MCI. Less of a chance for newer players to leave.

Cons: This would be probably hard to make for Jackson and Maxben. Possibly overwhelming.

EDIT: Few things I forgot to add, each tutorial gives 500 cookies.
    I was talking with some teamspeak people and @Masteraj12 had a pretty good idea. So instead of the tutorials coming in at a certain rank or prestige, each tutorial will be unlocked after completing a tier of challenges. The challenges will be emphasized in the tutorial to do. It will say something like "To unlock the next tutorial type /challenges and complete the first tier." After the first tier has been completed, when they aren't in game they will be warped to the second tutorial. Same thing for each challenge tier and tutorial.
    Also, 1 more thing. If someone forgets something they will have an option to do /tutorial and they can redo each tutorial they have unlocked, but with no cookie bonus. The tutorial GUI will show each tutorial but it will be locked and say "Complete the X tier of a challenge to unlock this tutorial."

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

To branch off on this idea, here's my personal take on it:
    We start with the first tutorial like Baseball has set out. That is a beautiful way to introduce new players. Making a mandatory tutorial so they can hop right into it is great. The current tutorial and challenge system is overlooked. However, when the tutorial is done, it will direct the player to the challenge emerald. Once a player completes a certain amount of challenges, they will unlock the next tutorial, and it will repeat as such. And whenever a challenge is completed, a title will pop up on the player's screen saying "Challenge Completed! Right click the Emerald to claim the rewards!" along with the emerald being enchanted. This would repeat to guide the player through the first prestige. I don't think one is needed for after prestige one. As well, if a player does need to revisit tutorials, they can click the old challenges to rewatch tutorials. Great suggestion Baseball.

Also, add /scorestreak so players can view the rewards for SS

I keep reading MCTutorials when this pops up in my alerts ;-;

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  3. Luke

Luke The Classy British Mod Moderator

Hub AFKer
    Definitely +1 this idea, but one thing I'm not on board with are people being told which are the 'recommended' perks. Firstly, everyone has a different idea of what the best perks are (some say Sleight of Hand and Demolitionist, the swines), and secondly I don't think people should be led into getting certain perks, because I think people have that right to choose freely. Just my two cents, but I seriously like this idea.

4. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    Thanks for the feedback on the recommended. We could scrap the recommended part to whatever works except for Fire Sale being recommended for the first MP because if you don't do that then RIP

ImWithSmart likes this.
  5. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    #bringbackolddizzynades

CREEPER__1 likes this.
  6. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    I miss kicking half of the infected for flying.

Jimme and Masteraj12 like this.
  7. Hypris

Hypris Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Just Mt.Dewwing it
    I think that this would be a good idea for not just MCI, but instead for all game modes. I was playing SND today and there was a new player who didn't know how to change kits and left the game because they thought it was for donors only. I messaged them how to do this, then they continued to play for a long time because they actually knew how to play the game. Side note, I also had to teach them how to disarm their bomb midgame. Thus, I think a tutorial would be good for not only MCI, but for all of the game modes.

8. KeYLogger

KeYLogger Active Member

Stealing people's accounts.
    Awesome idea, this would definitely help the new players out.

baseballaholic22 and Jimme like this.
  9. NorthernCanadian

NorthernCanadian Member

Hockey
    Great idea

baseballaholic22 and Jimme like this.
  10. TakeItEzCam

TakeItEzCam New Member

I really try introducing my friends but whenever they spawn they just die to commanders and its not fun for them so they leave. Out of five of my friends one of them became a little interested and would play here and there. I would always put enthusiasm such as "Wow you did the lobby parkour now you can rank up and get iron boots" but I still feel that he isn't really interested in playing because he always dies and really wants to tank. Ive been showing him Z_Hobo's 100 Score streak videos and hes really interested. Just for you to know he is a 10 star in hypixel uhc he isnt a noob. He can get kills here and there but dyeing over and over again makes him not want to play. I think this is something we should handle.
    This is a great game but it is very unbalanced. It is like uhc, people that are good and experienced. But there isn't that one game that brings all the inexperienced players. For example, Hypixel is really popular because it has difficult and easy games such as uhc and bedwars. Project Mayhem needs a game that would bring all the beginner players to play. This is completely why when you tab everyone has ranks and 2-5 people are nons (don't have a rank). I guarantee that if we these changes the server would be somewhat popular and active. It may not be a huge server like hypixel but can still get somewhere near. ......also if you havent go watch my new mci vid :) My channel is called Camzu.

Wombo likes this.
  11. superliasse

superliasse Member

Agreed.

12. Wombo

Wombo Well-Known Member Builder

Having too much swaq
    isn't it obvious to have a tutorial

13. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    lmao who voted no

14. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

:)

Also what is it with people necro'ing threads lately

15. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    I mean, if the thread serves a good purpose and keeps the forum people intrigued then shouldn't be the BIGGEST issue...

16. CRACKYAK

CRACKYAK New Member

I really like the idea but my concern is that these new players are going to see the kits in the actually game that weren't shown to them during the first tutorial. And they are going to be confused about why that kit wasn't shown to them as well as the grenades. I would suggest telling the player that he will be shown the other kits, grenades, and boosters as he completes the challenges. Another thing is that hopefully the player is smart enough to click the infected head to look at the kits and their progression on each kit. I think that the kits that haven't been shown to them in the tutorials cant be accessed with some warning or text on the red clay below the kit item (Like the nether block egg block for the titan) saying "In order to access this kit you must complete ______". This will keep the player from skipping the tutorial because they already know about the kits. Another little thing is once the player completes the tutorials on the kits they will have and progress they have completed.