1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[MCI] Undead Senses Prestige Perk

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Nitromaniac, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

carrying the build team
    Okay so I'm one of those people that gets hyped about any new update to both MCI and Minecraft, even if the rest of the world hates the new update. That said, the new upcoming update to Minecraft, 1.9, is no different.
    Suggestion name: Undead Senses
    What gamemode is it for: MCI
    What does your suggestion do: Basically it is a prestige perk that costs 4 prestige tokens. It is only for the infected. When you buy the perk, all infected kits will get a nether star in their inventory. When you right click the star, every human within 25 blocks will be given the "glowing effect" (see link below). Only you can see the humans. The humans will have the effect for 10 seconds, and then it will wear off. You can only use the nether star once every 30 seconds.
    Pros of your suggestion: Adds another Infected prestige perk. We need more of those. Also makes it easier to find the campers and kill them.
    Cons of your suggestion: Might be a little op... idk.
    Example of how it could look in game:
    This is what the humans would look like when "sensed":

Other information:

MutatedGrape likes this.
  2. AmortusR

AmortusR Well-Known Member Wiki Team Builder

I suggested a similar idea to this with a compass, but that was before we knew anything about 1.9. This definitely would add an interesting aspect to the gameplay, making it easier to find those players hiding in the dark. I love pretty much everything about 1.9 except for the cooldown times on attacking and whatnot.

MutatedGrape and Nitromaniac like this.
  3. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    If a pperk that lets you so extra damage to infected is 3 tokens, why would this be 4?

4. Nitromaniac

carrying the build team
    Because it literally destroys all hope of hiding or camping the whole round.

5. saracresp

saracresp Well-Known Member Builder

Isn't that a reason to not have this perk implemented? It completely destroys one entire aspect of the game so that all players have to resort to tanking. How will the lower ranks survive? I hide all game and this would make it impossible to do so. :c

Tactical_Rnbm, Alpace and Garth like this.
  6. AmortusR

AmortusR Well-Known Member Wiki Team Builder

Hence why it costs 4 tokens, and the fact that it lasts only 10 seconds. Also, if you're not within the 25 block radius (probably should be lowered), you don't get affected by the status effect.

Nitromaniac likes this.
  7. Tactical_Rnbm

Tactical_Rnbm Member

I feel like 10 seconds is too long. It should be around 2 seconds, which is enough time to glance around and find someone. With 10 seconds, you could find someone, run up to them, and kill them before the effects wear off.

MutatedGrape likes this.
  8. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Pls, I got a 67 ss yesterday (I'm rank 1 lol).

But then again, I got every perk. :(

I was like "maybe" when I thought of the glowing effect, but now that I see it's a perk, NOPE!

TBH, I am up for this idea only if it were tweaked, I hate having to go for Enderman just to get the last few survivors. If you are a true infector, you'd know that feeling.

This would probably be a good idea if no one's died for quite some time, and if it *flashed* instead of showing glow for a whopping 10 seconds.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  9. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    gz you made it so you can't hide as a new player anymore. It's like my suggestion that skeles get power 5, except this one is serious.

10. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    Well... lol.

"Players are meant to die at first, but as they keep going on further into the game, they start to win more often and will be able to kill off more infected."

It wasn't exactly like that, but somewhat.

Privates shouldn't hide, that's stupid IMO, who the heck hides in a zombie apocalypse? There's been players complaining about camping. Privates should be able to kill like maybe a couple infected, and that's it. The Commanders are meant to survive longer, and maybe Privates would survive every once in a while. Commanders are only meant to kill and win more often. In the end, Everyone's supposed to become infected, that's how it is. Maybe sometimes you'd have a few survivors, but obviously 30 survivors is just ridiculous.

Nitromaniac likes this.
  11. saracresp

People who want to survive hide in a zombie apocalypse :L
    But seriously I can easily kill a few privates in one go without dying and I suck at PVP and have very low level infected kits. They stand no chance at tanking and die immediately if not very soon if they try, therefor they have to resort to hiding until they reach higher levels. Why add a perk that removes one huge aspect of the game? Just because you can tank doesn't mean everyone else can or even wants to.

TheStalePvP likes this.
  12. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    No, they run, unless they want to starve for the rest of their life... being alone... in *H-word*. :eek:
    Yeah ikr? Privates need a buff, that's the problem. Hiding is just B-O-R-I-N-G-!

Commanders aren't that hard either, it's just perks that make them op. I can 3-4 shot a non-prestiged Commander, then they yell "WTF?" (Welcome To Facebook).

Why hide if you're not even doing anything? It's like I'm not even playing a game. I'd rather become infected and kill more players than doing nothing for 4 minutes.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Hawk698 and Nitromaniac like this.
  13. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I dont like it, its like, woah where did that guy i was chasing go? Oh i know, ill just activate my xray hacks for 10 seconds... because zombies can do that

saracresp and MutatedGrape like this.
  14. saracresp

See, this is the problem you are facing. Because you don't like this specific style of gameplay, you have no problem taking it away. Other people however, such as me, who actual like hiding all game (no matter what rank) or are forced to hide would not appreciate their gameplay style to be stripped of them for a perk that only costs 4 tokens, or any for that matter. This should not be a prestige perk, but it's hard for you to see why since you aren't one of those who are effected greatly by this.

Jimme and TheStalePvP like this.
  15. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    this perk would ruin camping and i agree with sara another option in flashing to sara then killing yourself and knowing where she's hiding

16. Nitromaniac

carrying the build team
    Then how about this alternative - every time you resoawn, every human in the map wil glow for only 5 seconds? That way, it's less of a map and more just a compass, because by the time you get from spawn to where they are, you will most likely forget exactly where they were. It would be more like a "oh, I respawned. I need a general idea of where the humans are." If this is the case id probably bump it down to 3 tokens

17. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    Since when did maxben34 or jackson30007 ever say this was the way MCI was meant to be played? I won't believe anything without it being verified to be true. I wouldn't have ever played MCI if I knew this were true.

Even if it were the REAL gameplay (I doubt it is, maxben34 makes much more interesting games), people would much rather be doing other things irl rather than playing a game for nothing, it's a complete waste of time.

I don't like this gameplay because I like to do stuff, I like to live, I feel like I need to do something with my life. Playing the waiting game doing nothing is not how it works, it's like playing Freeze Tag.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  18. BritishBear

BritishBear Well-Known Member

Store Operative at Homebase
    There is no specific way this game is meant to be played... You do what you must (within the rules of course) in order to win. Literally the only tactics to winning as a human in this game is to either camp or tank. So I'm 100% positive a prestige perk that removes one of 2 ways of playing this game will not only ruin the game but will also make us lose players. We have enderman and shock, that's more than enough classes that can just teleport to you.

Jimme, MutatedGrape and saracresp like this.
  19. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    Isn't that just like saying "zPower ruins tanking"?

Oh wait, nvm, we already have enough tankers, so it's fine.

But seriously, I suggested this to be a thing for new players too, it should *flash* twice if players haven't died for some time. As of now I'm sure the game isn't going the way maxben34 said for it to be, he said everyone's meant to die in the end, and maybe there could be a few survivors. Does 30 survivors really look right?

20. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    What WTF is Welcome To Facebook I thought it was Where's The Food well the things u learn

MutatedGrape likes this.