1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[MCI] Weekly Goals? MCI Global Missions? (idk what to call this)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Draconium, Mar 4, 2018.

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
  2. No

0 vote(s)
  1. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Professional minecwaft pwayer
    So, I've been thinking of certain ideas that can drive people to keep playing MCI. While this solution may not work, or people may get bored of it easily, I might as well suggest it.

So, what is this suggestion you speak of?
    I call it, MCI Weekly Goals. Or Global Missions. Or some other better name that I cannot think of. In a basic rundown, one random mission will be selected for one week. Everyone would have the same mission. It would be insanely difficult. However, the catch is that everyone can progress the same mission. For example, let's say you have 4 people. The quest is "Kill 100 infected (It would obviously be much harder than this)." One person would kill 4 infected, another would kill 8, another would kill 18, and another would kill 5. Everyone's progress on that mission would be 35/100, since 4+8+18+5 = 35.

What are some of the examples of the missions that can happen?
    I'm sure Ben, jack, or any other members of the staff team can come up with some more creative ideas, but my ideas I've come up with are:
    - Infected Kills
    - Survivor Kills
    - Companion Kills
    - Survivor Wins
    - Infected Wins
    - Zombie (or any other infected kit) Kills
    - Kill survivors as the Zombie (or any other infected kit) kit.
    - Play x amount of games
    - Commend x amount of people.

How do some of these challenges work?
    - Infected Kills - Self-explanatory
    - Survivor Kills - Self-explanatory
    - Companion Kills - Self-explanatory
    - Survivor wins - Let's say there are 12 survivors, everyone's progress would go up by 12.
    - Infected wins - Same as above, but with infected.
    - Zombie (or any other infected kit) Kills - Self-explanatory
    - Kill survivors as the Zombie (or any other infected kit) kit. - Self-explanatory
    - Play x amount of games - Self-explanatory
    - Commend x amount of people - Self-explanatory

What are some rewards people could earn from this?
    For the next Monday (or any day of choice), double cookies could be activated.

However, rewards could be divided up by the top contributors.
    For example, if a goal is completed, everyone who contributed to the goal will be rewarded... let's say 100 cookies. However, the Top 20 contributors could earn bonus rewards such as more boosters, cookies, or chaos. (This is just an example... It could also be the top percentage of contributors such as the top 10%, 5%, 1% etc.

What are some pros?
    This could potentially keep people playing. This could be an incentive to play the game to get rewarded. This is also a fun thing to do with a group of people.

What are some cons?
    This suggestion could have absolutely no impact on the player count, making it a waste of time.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you have any other ideas on how I could improve upon this suggestion, let me know in the replies. If you disagree with this, feel free to let me know and why.
  2. z970

z970 Member

Sep 4, 2016
    Down Under
    the gamemode is broken anyway, cant play the game without being raped anymore may as well just let it die, that's what it has been developed to do anyways.
  3. MineButcher

MineButcher Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Increasing Forum activites
    Home Page:
    I mean it can't make PM more dead then it already is.

It was dead on a sunday.

I say go for it +1
  4. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Fair enough, decent idea. But is it really an new player gaining way? Not really that's why i'm going to make a post soon. What this idea is basically just to get "US" current players to play more basically. Which yeah it's good but still same players over and over is just too much for some players the kits itself are just way to abuse. I'm going to write a thread soon about an way Project Mayhem can grow a step.