1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[Medium-Large/Custom] Fallen - TheNewGamer12247

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by TheNewGamer12247, Jun 29, 2017.

1. TheNewGamer12247

TheNewGamer12247 New Member

Main creator of the map: TheNewGamer12247
    Name of the map: Fallen (another name can be chosen if this name is already taken)
    Description of the map: A mansion that is slowly starting to crumble away (overgrown)

Pictures/Videos of the map: http://imgur.com/a/nYn3h

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tos02a7fagtlft3/Fallen_(mcinfected)5.zip Edit: map updated)

Extra information: This map does involve a few piston doors, if you wish to know the location of these please tell me, or if you want me to change the map in anyway, please tell me. Also this map is made for the gamemode Mcinfected, I hope that you will have time to view it. Thank you
    Additional helpers: None

- TheNewGamer12247

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Nitromaniac and Wombo like this.
  2. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

I'm sure Fallen is taken

Real comment:

I like your idea, however, the way you presented them are very wrong. The ground, the checkered pattern mossy cobblestone just doesn't feel "natural"..... just doing it randomly would make much more sense (Just get world edit and randomize the blocks) (FIXED)

Another is the stairs - oh my god please widen them... at least 2 blocks wide because that just looks so bad (FIXED)

One thing is the detail, the inside looks kinda like a square box with glowstone and pieces of wood

Last thing - The terrain!!! Make it look more natural! (FIXED)

If you get these correct, I'm sure it would look 100x better.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  3. TheNewGamer12247

Thank you for you input, i will try to make these changes. So far the changes that I have made (that are updated to the pictures and world download) are:

Changes:

I have changed all the stairs to being at least 2 wide (most were already 2-3 wide) (photo updated)

Changing the ground from being checkered pattern (photo updated)

Terrain smoother (if you have any other suggestions for this please let me know) (photo updated)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  4. Luke

Luke The Classy British Mod Moderator

Hub AFKer
    Just so you know, it would be nice if you uploaded some of the pictures without shaders. At least, it looks like it has shaders.

Anyway, I do like the look of this map, still yet to download and look around ;)

5. PumpkinWarrior2.0

PumpkinWarrior2.0 Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    More block variation, but besides that pumpkin approves!

6. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

It looks a a lot better. Just one thing is maybe better looking interior. Like @PumpkinWarrior2.0 said, the inside wall is just oak wood.

7. TheNewGamer12247

Thank you for all the suggestions. I will try to work on more interior detail, and and I can re-upload some of the photos so that they don't have shaders added to them. However, I will be busy for the next two
    weeks (till the 14th) so It might take time for me to finish this map (at least on the interior detail, I have already fixed the photos so that they no longer have shaders).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  8. TheNewGamer12247

Sorry for taking so long to work on this map, I have been busy for the past two weeks. However, I did managed to add a more interior design and block variation to the map then it previously had, if you have any suggestions for how i can still further improve upon this please tell me. I have updated the photos and the world download for the map. Otherwise I hope you will be able to use this map.