1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[Medium-Large/TES-5 Skyrim] Riverwood - Higuy674

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Higuy674, Sep 4, 2017.

?

Should the map's size be changed at all?

1. Leave it alone.

2. Make it closer to the buildings and cut out the forest.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Higuy674

Higuy674 Member

Main creator of the map: Higuy674
    Name of the map: Riverwood
    Description of the map: A tiny village tucked away in a small river valley up in the mountains, lots of hiding places in the forests and houses as well as open spaces for fighting in town.
    Pictures/Videos of the map: https://imgur.com/a/ZthBD
    Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yukuib6akiyak46/Riverwood_v1.1.schematic
    Extra information: The mountains and trees cannot be reached for the most part except for some of the lower branches on the trees in town, I would also like to know if people think I should limit the boundaries to the buildings and nearby fields, or leave the forest open for people to hide in (The forest easily doubles the space that infected would have to search for people, making the map large instead of medium.) Note: This map is not a 1-to-1 replica, however I tried to make it as close as possible to the actual thing. Thanks guys!
    Additional helpers: N/A

Update 1: I've placed lava under the surface of the river to discourage water battles and make the river a bit more deadly, Updated the download link with the most current version. I'm going to wait a bit before changing the designs of the buildings too much, get some other opinions on it.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  2. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    I actually really like the job that you've done on this and as a person who likes to help people, I'm going to give you some small things that I think would be helpful into making this a perfect map!

- Diversity: Your map is riddled with houses and your house building while quite aesthetically pleasing, does lack some diversity I suggest maybe re-texturing some of the houses in the village and maybe adding a few more designs to the houses themselves

- Restrictions: Out of map is a huge thing to focus on while building, I can't see any restrictions but If they're there you may ignore my words, but if they aren't I highly suggest making some.

- Water: Water pvp is some of the most annoying of pvp types. I would suggest that if you need water to decorate that you make it a single layer of water with void underneath that can't be swam in and is simply for aesthetics. Water was basically the downfall of the gamemode FearSG so I would suggest having little to no spots where water pvp is possible.

- Size: I can't perfectly tell the size of the map since i didn't download it but from what I can tell it looks pretty small, this could just me the way i'm looking at it so an overhead shot would be a good thing to add with maybe lines drawing where is accessible for the game.

All in all this is a great map and a few minor changes could make this a perfect candidate for a map to be added to the server.

Keep in mind that I'm not a mod or a builder so unfortunately I have no say in what gets added, plus these are just opinions.

Great job dude.

Higuy674 likes this.
  3. Higuy674

Higuy674 Member

Thanks for the feedback, this is what I've done to combat some of the issues;

- Diversity: In the game the houses have roughly the same designs and I'm trying to stick to that, however I see what you mean by similar textures so I'm going to hop back into the game and see what I can do to change some of the houses exteriors up a bit.

- Restrictions: My current setup is several giant walls about 100 blocks tall of barrier blocks (good luck out of map boosters) around the edges of the map and large cubes of barriers up in the trees and around the mountains that prevent people from climbing or escaping the map. It was difficult to add natural barriers as in the game the river just flows onward past Whiterun without any obstruction, so I had to settle with the barriers to cut it off.

- Water: I don't think void would look too good with my setup and you need to fall from at least one or two blocks so that swimming is not possible (ruining the shoreline a bit), however I've come up with another idea, instead I've replaced every block of water below the surface with a source block of lava, this makes swimming very painful as you might imagine, and it conveniently simulates drowning or rough waters and leaves a nice glow coming from the river. :D

- Size: This one is still up for debate, I'll update the imgur album with a new image and my proposed idea for a reduction.

Bacon likes this.
  4. Vickebyggare

Vickebyggare Well-Known Member

Or you could replace the water with stained glass. (potpvp nerds know what im talking about)

Higuy674 likes this.
  5. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    I'd assume he put water for the purpose of making Guardian Class somewhat possible to unlock. There very few maps that have water, let alone a giant body of water.

Higuy674 likes this.
  6. Dat_Skeleton

Dat_Skeleton Well-Known Member

Your information is not as private as you think ;)
    Home Page:
    I love Skyrim and this map does it quite nearly the most justice I think possible in Minecraft. Funnily enough, I had already started a Riverwood build awhile ago but never finished. I hope this gets added!

Higuy674 likes this.
  7. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    you're worthy of builder

Floppy laser squad where u at?

Higuy674 likes this.
  8. PumpkinWarrior2.0

PumpkinWarrior2.0 Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    Yes, this is really well done 1+

Higuy674 likes this.
  9. mocharaven

mocharaven Well-Known Member Builder

Very well done!! love it

Higuy674 likes this.
  10. Lividcoffeebean

Lividcoffeebean Active Member

That one guy who's probably afk
    this maps looks lit tbh though think you should cut out like the bottom bit of the forest but not all of it ?

11. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Well-Known Member

Looks great! Didn't even look at the title and I knew it was Skyrim. +1

Lividcoffeebean likes this.