1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

more bad ideas yay yay

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Nick, Aug 6, 2018.

?

How many of them were good ideas?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2018.
  1. Expansion Packs

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Limited Time Gamemodes

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Achievements

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  4. None

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    Hello again friends!!

I had a couple of ideas I wanted to share to make sure that mci stays fresh and new

Idea 1

"Expansion packs"
    No, I don't mean DLC

What I mean is that every couple of months, there should be a theme chosen, with 3 maps, some cosmetics and an infected class around that theme. This would make mci constantly have new things and make the game more interesting and would constantly have hype, as we wouldn't have periods of 6+ months of nothing new.

Example:

Theme: Apocalypse
    Maps: War-torn city, Castle, Mansion
    Infected Class: Herobrine
    Cosmetics: Zombie King head, Fire arrow trail particle, Fire leather armor color (red, orange, yellow)

Example 2:

Theme: Ice Age
    Maps: Cavern, Labratory, Frozen over forest
    Infected Class: Ice Wizard
    Cosmetics: Frozen zombie head, ice block arrow, Ice leather armor color (Dark blue, light blue, white)

The expansion packs would be sold in the store for $5, which gives you the infected class and cosmetics. Note: The maps would be for everyone, and the infected class would be unlockable. Once a new expansion pack games the previous one would be removed from the store

Hey Nick, if we keep adding infected classes every 2 months, wouldn't the game become flooded?
    No, because after 6 months, you would lose the infected class, but get its head to wear as a hat in game (cosmetic)
    But then we would only have infected classes for 6 months? Well yes, but for good reason. Also during double cookie weekends, you could use any class that had expired!

Idea 2

New Gamemodes (kinda)

Ok I'm going to be honest and just say I was inspired by Fortnite on this. About every 3 weeks on 1 weekend, MCI should host a special gamemode (kinda like power rounds). These gamemodes could be like "Everyone has speed 2", or "when survivors die they drop a primed tnt",
    "Bonfire" - All infected are the blaze class
    "Boss Fight" - Everyone except 1 survivor is infected. The survivor becomes a giant zombie (like titan) and has 3 rows of hearts, regen 1, strength 1, slowness 2. The boss is so big he cannot hide, and must tank and try to get the most kills. Every kill rewards 1 cookie. If the boss wins, he receives 50 cookies. If the infected win, they all receive 30 cookies.
    "Open Fire" - Humans all have power 1 infinity bows, and no sword. All infected are skeletons without a sword.
    "Invasion" - Zombies with leather armor and a stone sword randomly spawn around the map, hunting the survivors. Killing a zombie rewards +.1ss. Every 3rd zombie kill rewards 2 cookies. 1 less motherzombie
    More ideas would be helpful
    "Retro" - All infected are either motherzombie, zombie, or skeleton. No prestige perks. As a human if you are under rank 15 you are moved up to rank 15 for the event.

Idea 3

Achievements

Simple idea, there would be achievements that would reward cookies and cosmetics
    Every achievement would reward 50 cookies, and every 5 achievements would reward a cosmetic. (Total of 25 achievements)
    "Watch me" - Get a 10+ scorestreak as rank 10 or below
    "Sniper" - Kill an infected with an arrow from 50+ blocks away
    "Collector" - Collect a total of 2 infected classes
    "Collector II" - Collect a total of 5 infected classes
    "Collector III" - Collect all of the infected classes
    "Champion" - Reach Prestige 1
    "Champion II" - Reach Prestige 5
    "Champion III" - Reach Prestige 15
    "Purifier" - Kill 15 infected in one game
    "Inner Curse" - Infect 7 survivors in one game
    "Chain Destruction" - Kill 3 infected in 6 seconds
    "Close call" - Kill an infected whilst at 1hp
    "MVP" - Obtain 500 Reputation
    "MVP II" - Obtain 2,000 Reputation
    "MVP III" - Obtain 5,000 Reputation
    "Debuffed" - Hit 5 infected with a single poison potion
    "Virus-Itus" - Get 4 kills as motherzombie in one minute
    "Ooo, Diamond!" - Obtain a diamond sword as a survivor
    "New kid on the block" - Become an infected king for the first time
    "Medic!" - Heal a total of 50 hearts in a single game as a survivor
    "Twittersphere" - Like and retweet a post from Project Mayhem
    "Militia" - Kill a total of 200 infected as a full leather (Still counts with jugg)
    "Knight" - Kill a total of 1,000 infected in full iron armor
    "Encyclopedia" - Kill every type of infected class
    "Killstealer!" - Get 1 or more scorestreak from an infected/human but don't get the kill

Thanks for reading the thread guys, I appreciate your time ^-^

8/6/18 - Made expansion pack infected classes last for 6 months instead of 1 year
    8/7/18 - Added the Retro limited time mode
    8/9/19 - Added 5 more achievements

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    RealTechnoblade and Rod337 like this.
  2. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    I feel like there should be more to infected kits, but more makes it complicated, keeping them for a year is hardly short. If they were only available for just an event then yeah sure, that way we wouldn't have so much variety and it keeps exclusive content.

I like the idea of achievements, but these are based on what we have in 2.0, not sure if they're keeping half of what are needed for these ones. This one is entirely my opinion, but they should be purely cosmetic because achievements are more of a passion.

3. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

carrying the build team
    I absolutely love the expansion pack idea

Furiosus_, lobster and Nick like this.
  4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

So perhaps they would just be available until the next expansion? Do you like the idea of having all classes enabled during double cookies so a class is never gone forever?

Makes sense I suppose, just thought it would be more fun to add more ways to progress and step outside the comfort zone

Are you sure its just because you don't just want more of your maps added ;)

5. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    I'm with Nitro actually, even though i don't really play anymore, that idea interests me

Furiosus_ and Nitromaniac like this.
  6. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    I really think it needs to be for a much shorter limited time so there'd be more focus on exclusives when it's their turn and nothing overrides when there's so much content, I'm sure having expansion packs along with events would always bring something new. Events also last a couple weeks, so it's not like you'd be playing a kit just for one day.
    I mean, it's kinda just my opinion, I never find achievements to be a need to progress, I just like to challenge myself entirely for the fun of it, but others might not think so, it might call for a compromise so the high tiers are the cosmetic ones that you can show your accomplishments and the lower ones support the progression.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Nick likes this.
  7. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    Adding a new infected every month, even removing them after a year, would make for 12 new infected at all times. That's not only an impossible thing to ask the dev team to do, but it would be too many infected, which we are trying to avoid. Also who is going to pay 5 dollars for a single infected class that only lasts a year when you can get spaz for 10 bucks. And adding expansion packs would kind of be a punch to the gut to whoever paid 250$ for mayhem+ and now has too keep spending 5$ a month if they want everything.

I like the idea of special event rounds that only last a couple days. I don't play Fortnite so I don't know what you mean that you were inspired by them, but there are tons of games that have limited time events so I'm assuming it's just like those. There are some downsides to think about though. If the event is separated from the main game, (different lobbies) there might be a split in players for the weekend (or however long). And if the event is not separated and just takes the place of the game for the weekend, there are always going to be people that don't like the events and would rather play the base game.

Achievements are fine, your examples are bad though. A random daily achievement would be a cool reason to check in. Better than the crates that you log in for a second and click on too open.

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

They add one every other month, and only last for 6 months so there would only be 3 classes. Mayhem+ people would get them free (something I forgot to mention)
    The $5 purchase will be completely optional, seeing as you can unlock the class, and most people will only buy a couple of them, for people who want to play the class for the longest and want the cool cosmetics. Perhaps the price can be lowered, but then it would essentially be free

The normal game would be the special events, but as I said in the thread the special event would only be active for every 1 out of 3 games. Both players would be happy whether you like it or not.

Yes daily "quests" would be a good addition to the game. On the thread that @Draconium made the idea got 100% upvotes, so it is obvious that the community like the idea. Achievements are longer, harder challenges that would take a while to complete all of them. (See MVP III and Champion III for new players)

Any achievement ideas would be nice instead of just "mine are bad"

9. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Ruffino Ristorante Italiano.
    yes hello very nice idea

10. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    My bad, I had written that some of your achievements are based on features that are being removed with the update. I deleted the sentence because the wording was confusing and forgot to rewrite it.

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

which ones

12. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I don't think reputation and infected king are going to be in the new version

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

why not infected kings will be the infected leaderboard and reputation is something they just added which has nothing wrong with it

14. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatoror☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Iffy on the, essentially, power rounds idea, always have been and I think I always will be. I personally dont want 3.0 to be like 2.0 and just get overly saturated with ideas. The expansion packs and achievements dont really overly supply the game with new content but rather refine whats good about the game. 2/3 approval from my end

psandoval19 likes this.
  15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

eh I mean its not really like power rounds, but also kinda is. Its once per 3 weeks on 1 weekend, and only happens in every 1 3rd of games. Power rounds add something onto the round, the new gamemodes would completely change the way you play

16. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

Once every month is way too much. A new class and 3 new maps? That's impossible. I like the idea of this, but maybe like every 4 - 6 months or so?

17. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Im guessing making a class only takes less than about a week,
    Only mods could find and add the maps
    I think taking a week break from making an update for an expansion is very do-able
    EDIT: Also keep in mind that classes won't have tiers or upgrades so they will be much easier to add

18. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

Less than 1 week is not realistic at all. There are so many things to take into account before creating a new class. Also, if this many classes are being added, then that will inevitably leave the game in an unbalanced and uncreative state.

19. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Well-Known Member

The name says it all
    Barbados, No that is not a part of Jamaica -_-
    I agree with sky, every 3 weeks is too much. Plus I'm pretty sure that it takes more than a week to make a kit if you just mean thinking of and planning the kit out on paper then that'll take a day but to code, test and implement a decent proper kit that takes more than a week. To do this every 3 weeks would mean that they'll have to make 21 kits a year. So yea not the best timespan.

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Where did you get 3 weeks from
    Its 2 months