1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Music channel!

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Rexense, Nov 14, 2017.

?

Woukd you listen to the music I upload?

1. Hell yeah

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Maybe once or twice!

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. This is passed off as music?

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rexense

Rexense Member

Crazy Donor
    I have started a YouTube channel and I plan on uploading and remixing popular songs. If this is something you are wanting to check out here is the link to my newest video: Pumped Up Kicks Remix!

2. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    Uh don't you mean, reuploading content that isn't yours ?

If you're going to do this, please be original and make your own content.

I have just skimmed through a couple of your YouTube videos and found the original content creators after you claim that you are the rightful owner of the video, stop while you're ahead.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Masteraj12, Draconium and Nitromaniac like this.
  3. Rexense

Rexense Member

Crazy Donor
    Yeah, I reupload stuff.

I will try and make my own stuff :p

Also I never claim this as my own...

The description says "NOTICE ▶ I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE GETTING THEIR PANTIES IN A KNOT OVER THIS COMPILATION. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK! I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CLIPS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO AND I GIVE ALL CREDIT TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS."

Description is "NOTICE ▶ I AM NOT THE OWNER OF THIS SONG, ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE RIGHTFUL CREATORS!"

Please actually read the description before you falsely accuse me. I have learned my lesson about copying others work and giving no credit.

If what you meant was I didn't link TrapGod, I have just done that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017
  4. Jinxy

Jinxy Well-Known Member

Witherho
    That isn't giving credit though, last time i checked just saying "credit to the creators" or whatever doesn't give the actual creator of the video any credit for it at all or any publicity from you using their work because you haven't actually linked it, nor have you actually told us who actually made the clips (in the try not to laugh one at least). Just saying "credit to the creators" is as bad as saying nothing at all.

5. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    It was a meme video with a whole lot of clips in it, and I did look at every description btw and you referred to the clips in the video to the rightful owner but not the entire video itself. Also that original video was taken down for copyright by the original creator.
    Please do not assume that I didn't read all the descriptions before posting and not everyone is going to know trapgod or check your channel because they'll automatically assume that you made it without question. You didn't say in the start of your thread that you reuploaded until I pointed it out on the thread, hence why I said something first.
    "Nice compilation!" Random comment.

"Thanks" you.

Now you could've said, "it's actually not mine, I just reuploaded it!". Because saying thanks makes it sound like you made it but all you had to do was download the video and upload it to your own channel.
    Now, I just feel like I'm going way too ham on this whole thing and it's starting to become unnecessary. But the rightful creators are not Trapgod, but actually Foster The People. I'm not trying to be a complete ass about this even though it might look like I am but you must learn how people see this as stealing someone's work and using it to boost another channels view counts and subscriber counts. Also your videos are taking away some people's ad revenue from YouTube becuase they'll possibly find your video rather than the original content creators.

Just take my advice, don't take offence to it.

Masteraj12 and Draconium like this.
  6. Whalebit

Whalebit ♛ Australian Mod ♛ Moderator

Whale
    On a slightly unrelated note, please don't double post. Just press the edit button in the bottom left-hand corner of your comment and make changes to your comment/post.

Thanks! ^-^

Diamond likes this.
  7. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

please dont ban, just memes

8. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

Before you create useless memes, make sure you know that he monetizes them in the first place. There are no ads at all in his videos.

9. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Pro Minecwaft pwayer
    What's the point of makin a music channel if you are just going to upload other people's work and give them credit? It's kinda like beating a dead horse.

10. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

I will be nice to you because I want to be nice. To fix whatever is happening, try and create your own remixes of popular songs and do not reupload ones that are already made. If you create your own, you can (probably) monetize them and get actual money without the dead risk of copyright.

11. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    it was just a joke... plus he can easily monetize them later

12. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Everything about this is misleading and misguiding. First and foremost, it comes off on the surface as you're taking credit for this work. You may have not thought of it, but it looks like (from all of us) that you are taking credit for the work at a first glance. I highly recommend changing things around to make it seem better for yourself if you do continue to do things like this. I looked through the description of your video and you don't credit the original creators nearly as much as you should have or as early as you should have. You put only the visual editors person name in the description, which is really good on your part. However, the link to Bridge and Law or any credit for him (aside from just the title) is completely absent. Plagiarism is not good, and I'll help you out by providing the original artist's soundcloud (or what I believe to be his soundcloud). If you want to keep posting other people's remixes (which I still don't support, but how can I stop you), then provide the original creators stuff first, then provide your own information and whatnot. Good on you though for not monetizing your videos, that's really good on your part.

13. Rexense

Rexense Member

Crazy Donor
    I will be removing all of the videos and making my own remix, I am sorry it came off as me stealing credit.

Mods please lock the thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.