1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mutes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OwenDaBoss, Nov 28, 2017.

1. OwenDaBoss

OwenDaBoss New Member

I was recently muted, I do not want to say. When I went out to eat I realized when I joined back I had only 1 hour left and it was about a 4 hour mute. I was just thinking that shouldn't mutes only apply when you are on. Like say I got a 1 day mute, I could not play for a day, then that mute would be over. All I'm saying is that I think mutes should only apply when you are online not offline.

2. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

In regards to this, we have always had our system where mutes and bans apply for a total time. I personally do think if mutes were in game time solely then it would be a big turn off for a lot of people. For our longer mutes (say 1 week), you’d have to play so much that it sort of pushes players away. In my opinion it’s way too harsh.

3. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

An easy solution for that problem is this only applies for mutes 1 day or shorter. tbh it is kinda annoying when someone you mute has to go anyways, and boom there was no punishment.

4. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

The biggest point of mutes is to send a message to someone, and people understand the more they do it, the worse it gets. We don’t punish just so someone can’t talk in chat only. We punish so they see we will punish them if they continue to break the rules. It doesn’t matter if they can talk to their friends or not, as long as they got our message (idk if that makes sense, kind of hard to put into words).

5. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

I agree with the most part, but wouldn't it get the message across to NOT say anything bad in chat when they know muting is more harmful?

6. KingDuder

KingDuder Well-Known Member

Tryharding a block game.
    To be honest, this is actually something I dont want to reject, but at the same time theres a good reason why I wouldn't want to actively support it and push for it. I know having one week of playtime on the server for a mute to go away may seem like a long time. But really the next mute after a week is permanently I believe, so of course this is supposed to be harsh. Most of the time, a person will get muted for a second as a warning, and then 10 or 30 minutes. These short mutes can literally just not have an effect. Yeah people see that they get punished, but really if I get muted for an hour, I could just watch some netflix or go out for a bit and boom its like I was never muted. Having punishments just to show that they're being punished, doesn't have as much of an effect as a punishment that was significantly harsher. Also with the week mutes, even if it seems like a stupidly long amount of time, this should probably be the minimum for death threats, ddos threats, or suicide encouragement, before a permanent mute. If someone tells a person to kill themselves, oh well they have to wait a week where they choose to play or not, but really if a person really cared about having their chat privileges, they need to learn to follow rules or suffer from strict punishments. I personally don't know anything about coding, so I may just be rambling for no reason here.

All in all, I am not against this, as a punishment is a punishment, and should carry some effects. A punishment to change a person's behavior is useless if the punishment isn't severe enough to want people to follow the rules more. Like the reason I don't take as much risks in chat as I used to, is because I know my next mute is a permanent mute, and it really shouldn't have to come all the way here for people to stop taking these risks in chat, and I know I am not the only one whos reached this point, and people have actually went farther than me. If something like this does get discussed among the staff team, the punishment system of mutes would have to be changed as well, such as a certain amount of time would have to pass before your next mute goes down a severity level (so if a person is clean for months, but bypasses once, they shouldnt be perm muted just because of their past history, but rather be punished based on how they act in the recent times). Along with this, the only other thing I could suggest along with this idea, is saving week and permanent mutes for significantly repeated offences with no signs of change, or threats and dox and such, not for a bypass or slight spam every few months.

Thanks for reading

ellilliv, Draconium and Frogged like this.
  7. OwenDaBoss

OwenDaBoss New Member

I agree with you Duder but like if its a long mute like a week it should be over a week but if its short like 1-4 hours it should be when they are on

KingDuder likes this.
  8. Who am I

Who am I Member

People are less likely to do stuff if they actually have to deal with the gag. If you gagged me for a week I would just leave and come back in a week and never deal with it. If you gagged me for 2 hours in playtime I would probably never do it again. I like timed gags and mutes better because I have this on 1 server and I barely gag or mute anyone because they don't want to play 30 minutes to get rid of it. If you do this then you should make a system like this:
    First offense: 15 mins
    Second offense: 30 mins
    Third offense: 60 mins
    Fourth offense: Kick
    Fifth offense: 1440 min ban
    and so on

Dat_Skeleton likes this.
  9. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

why are you complaining

dank likes this.