1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

My (Thoughtless) Opinion on S&D

Discussion in 'Search and Destroy Discussion' started by Pokemaniac, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Well-Known Member Wiki Team Builder

Builder / Wiki Staff
    Home Page:
    I feel like this gamemode will really stick; most of the maps are great and the starting kits are pretty even. But I'm just going to give my two-sense on this gamemode, and maybe you can share yours below.

1.) I'm going to address this first because it's not really the gamemode itself, but it's not really fair when the owners have the very best kits when they didn't even legitimately unlock them, and it's hard going against a Rewind when I only have Tank.
    2.) Shop - I'm not sure if Ben or Jackson confirmed this, but there needs to be a shop. If you didn't know, shop could be used to buy enderpearls, which is extremely important for the gamemode.
    3.) None of the starting kits really make me want to upgrade them. If you look, none of them actually affect the damage, minus Marine, and there's only 1 or 2 maps that Marine would actually work with. So I feel like as more kits are developed, there should be one that increases the damage done instead of Marine, because if you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly gonna be benefitting from that tank skill, I don't get kills in the first place.
    4.) Longbow is the only kit that really gets me fired up. Two maps are based completely off of sniping (Aerial and Planets), and the 30% knockback is completely overpowered on any map, IMO.
    5.) Spectators blocking. Many servers have switched to using /gm 3, and I really feel like it should be changed here, because the amount of arrows getting blocked is way more than it should be.

Well other than that, I really like it, and I feel like it will stick. :)

AmortusR likes this.
  2. ewald22

ewald22 Head Moooderator Builder Head Mod

Cow
    I also think it is very addicting but I feel like if you are going to earn loyal players, there should be something to work towards that won't go away. Like in MCI, you play to get stronger and better. Here you play to unlock kits that you only get for a month. And levels will eventually cap if they are based on buying kits. Basically, we need something to attract players and keep them here. We need something to work towards in the long run.

3. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Constantly working towards unlocking kits does that trick, plus the kit upgrades are a lot of credits. We will also be adding perks too

4. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

[For Example:] We need some kits (Ghost) to have no armor and be invisible and other kits with diamond gear and being blind and all sorts of bad affects.

Now, that was only an example but If there is a variation in Armor and in Weapons then I would want to upgrade something specifically. Of course this is just my opinion and realize that this is opening day.

PapaSkid and nexgenhatred like this.
  5. nexgenhatred

nexgenhatred Guest

Yes! I want a glass cannon class. @maxben34 I know I messaged you about this, but Rewind definitely needs better rank up rewards :p That being said, well done on the release! This looks like a huge success. Do you plan to come out with a leaderboard, and if so, how will it be implemented?

6. maxben34

We plan on adding a leaderboard similarly to how the other ones are implemented currently. @mattrick is in charge of the leaderboard :)

7. nexgenhatred

nexgenhatred Guest

:) Good to know!

8. PapaSkid

PapaSkid Well-Known Member

Quinn Top lane
    Omg I remember ghost, was my favorite kit.

I still yet haven't played the GM because I'm on vacation but I've heard its a lot of fun and hope Ben starts whatever marketing plan he has for it immediately.

Hoozier likes this.
  9. maxben34

I will, but you guys should also start by showing your friends the new gamemode, convince them to get on and play with you!

Nitromaniac likes this.
  10. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

carrying the build team
    I've already seen a lot of new faces playing the gamemode :D
    Also I think this gamemode is very similar to MCI in the fact that is had a semi-large community when it shut down, and if you play your cards right, you can probably pull in most of the old Red Warfare community.

PapaSkid likes this.