1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

My Video Editing. 2015 VS 2017.

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Skyzip, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

First of all, here's the first video I ever made:

What the actual fuck?

In all seriousness, at that point I had no idea what I was doing. In fact, I was using Windows Movie Maker of all things. It wasn't until 2015 where I would switch to Sony Vegas:

A lot of you might have seen this already. This was probably the first case where I actually tried a little harder in editing. In short, it wasn't just a bunch of highlights over some shitty Legend of Zelda music. With all of that being said... It was nonetheless still shit. I could go about everything that I see wrong about the video, but that'd take ages. So, let's skip to 2017.

After two years have passed, you'd be lying if you said there was no improvement. It's no longer just music over random clips. In fact, the jokes and edits within the video are a lot more creative (note that I said creative, not original). For example, at 3:02, the music I used completely fits the tone of what I was trying to get across. I actually put in effort to gather a friend and record that section with me and Anna together before the fight begins. Whilst not as impressive, the video does go to black and white for a little bit, which also sets the tone.

Another video that I made in 2017:

I couldn't set that one at a specific time, so skip to 1:33. I didn't really have enough time to make this video. The camera angles aren't perfect and I even use some of the same footage when Warwick and Soraka communicate with each other. Nonetheless, the music perfectly sets an ironic tone to the video. Also, I could have just used footage from my League game to create that little short scene at the end, however I went out of my comfort zone and decided to use a League specific editing software, which not only shows that I'm trying new things, but it also shows that I'm trying to expand my editing skills. Nonetheless, for about a second time at using that software, I think that the outcome is decent.

I know it may sound like I'm praising myself a lot in this thread. In reality, I don't think my videos compare to anything that's on Youtube already. There's clearly a lot I need to improve on. I don't know why I made this thread, I guess I just wanted convey my thoughts and feelings about my editing skills to someone. Anyways, let me know what you think of my content. I probably won't even be making videos for a while because of school. Thanks for reading if you got this far.

Wack_Attack and Diamond like this.
  2. Rexense

Rexense Active Member

Producing fire!
    Great improvement :)

Skyzip likes this.