1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

New MCI 3.0 Survivor Upgrade System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by jackson30007, Oct 8, 2018.

1. jackson30007

jackson30007 Owner Owner Developer

Hey all,

We just released an update to MCI 3.0 with a new big feature.
    We made it so you can customize what items you get for ranking up by spending "skill points."
    You get skill points every time you rank up and the amount you get depends on which rank you just unlocked.

Ranks 2-5 - 1 SP (4 total)
    Ranks 6-10 - 2 SP (10 total)
    Ranks 11-15 - 3 SP (15 total)
    Ranks 16-19 - 4 SP (16 total)
    Ranks 20 - 5 SP (5 total)

At the end, you will have earned 50 skill points which you can spend on upgrades.

The upgrades are all the same items you used to get from ranking up. Their cost is based on the skill point reward you get for the rank that would normally give that upgrade.

We are still tweaking the system to be more balanced so there may be skill point resets during the beta when we update with new upgrade prices

Currently, you are able to get all unlocks but we may be adding more items so that you won't be able to unlock everything. You will always be able to chose your items the same way as the old system and we've even added a recommended upgrade option which does just that.

We hope you all like this change and will appreciate any feedback you have.

-jackson30007

Nick, Wombo, ImWithSmart and 7 others like this.
  2. Norge

Norge Member

Happy to see a new system added. Lets see how it turns out :)

Frogged likes this.
  3. MineButcher

MineButcher Well-Known Member

Increasing Forum activites
    Home Page:
    an all leather lobby suddenly turns to an all iron lobby XD

CREEPER__1 likes this.
  4. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatoror☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Hypris, CREEPER__1 and Frogged like this.
  5. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 Well-Known Member

Cow
    Looks like half the community really likes the change, and the other half despises it.
    I know I was the one to ask for an exciting core gameplay change, but I'm not sure if this is the way to go.

It seems like most players are going to maximize a single aspect and dump the other perks, instead of creating a balanced build. I just can't picture anyone choosing to upgrade grenades when armor and weapons are available so early, and that's kind of sad. Eventually usage of skill points will condense into a single meta, and this concept isn't exactly something that can be fixed by balancing costs.

I won't give up hope for this system though. Perhaps with some more fresh ideas and tweaks this base system can become a usable one.

Rockin likes this.
  6. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

There was a miscommunication regarding the release of this system. It was not ready to be released today and we still want some time to fine-tune it.

We will be reverting the rank system back to the previous system as we figure out the best way to implement a system like the one that was active today.

Once we put this system back, you'll be given the number of skill-points associated with your rank.

-Ben

Rockin and Draconium like this.
  7. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    I feel like making some items level-gated is almost a necessity for sure, but I would love to have it where you can flat out have a build at rank 25 with maybe more food than normal at the cost of grenades or something. Idk if that's how it was because I wasn't able to get my hands on it. Just my 2 cents

8. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    I'm all up for this, the only problem is the armor, which I'm pretty sure they will fix later on, I think it would be a lot better when it does because it's the major arguement many players bring up once you talk about it.

I like this change because players can make a good build and have different experiences, be tactical sometimes. I'm wondering if some players could focus all their upgrades on tank, then supports would back up as archers with Medic in hand, it'd be so fun to experience a lot of this.

Masteraj12, SeptimusHeep and Rockin like this.
  9. SeptimusHeep

SeptimusHeep New Member

I agree with Keldricc, but please don't level lock the bow >.< its a new player's only chance at survival.

Masteraj12 likes this.
  10. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    So at rank 5 everyone will have an Iron sword and at like lvl 15 everyone is full Iron w/o any nades because they are really useless in comparison to armor and food?

I think this will actually make Mci more unbalanced. Hiders will invest in survivability, tankers in tanking. New players that are not familair with how the game works (Please keep in mind that those players are the ones that 'decide' the future of this game) will not have the most efficient buys. They will try out things that turn out to be kinda useless, and they end up quitting the game.

A better option in my opinion is to make things cheaper. Decreasing the cost of each rankupgrade with let's say 33% would make ranking up significantly faster. Which will make people feel like there is more variation in the game. Because their strenght grows way quicker. And let's be honest, anyone here want to play infected for 30 rounds just to rankup once? With the current playercount, I won't go in depth but it's already cryworthy again, you gain like 40 cookies each round. This is assuming ranking up takes about 1500-2000, which is it for most people.

I'm not refusing to give this system a chance, I just think that it's not the best option and that we should think more about the future of the game right now. The whole reason you (the devs) decided to make a 3.0 version of the game is because you wanted it to be popular again right? To have the new players experience the thrill and fun you and all the other 'og' players used to have when playing the game, Right?

I hope this woke people up I guess. I'm open for discussion and other people's opinion and ideas about this subject.

Sincerly,

Irum

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  11. MineButcher

MineButcher Well-Known Member

Increasing Forum activites
    Home Page:
    they removed it already