1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Phantom.

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by Erikpiplup, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Erikpiplup

Erikpiplup Active Member

This thread doesn't need a poll because I know most people agree with me on this. I am just fed the fuck up and I can't hold this back anymore.

Phantom is overpowered. Plain and simple. Many of you have seen me complain about this class in chat, and it really is the main cause of commander deaths from what I see.

Honestly, who thought it was a good idea to make a class that rearranges your hot bar? Forcing people to hot key like a goddamn master is expecting a whole lot from us. Not to mention that it can PHASE STRAIGHT THROUGH YOU, and you wouldn't even know it or be able to stand against it once it fucks up your hot bar. Isn't Titan supposed to take care of camping spots? Oh wait, that was nerfed TO THE FUCKING GROUND and yet this piece of dog shit class was better than Titan overall and guess what? Nothing. Nothing has happened. I get it, finish Mixed Arcade, but then you had better fix this class before it tears everyone their last new one and makes them leave.

Not everyone is Z_Hobo. If I quit Project Mayhem again, then this will be why.

2. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

carrying the build team
    I feel the same way about Scarecrow. In fact, I have actually rage quit several times from MCI just because of either a Scarecrow or a Phantom. I get the devs are working on Mixed Arcade, but from what I've heard, it's pretty much done. But even still, how long will it take to nerf these kits?

3. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    Phantom you can't see scarecrow bats are basically impossible to hit werewolf is impossible to hit when it spawns wolfs

4. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

And that is why they can't be removed.

Honestly there has been dozens of threads about this and it's really annoying because if you state it's over powered, that doesn't help us at all. Tell us a fix and we will give you the response you are looking for. The class will not be removed, so forget that idea.

On the next MCI update, we will certainly look into this, so give us help by making a suggestion about fixes that would be appropriate. It's also appropriate for there to be criticism of your ideas. I would re-structure the thread.

5. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatoror☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

The entire backlash of removing a kit would be insane. People solely use Phantom and people solely use Scarecrow, and just removing them after all the effort to max it out isn't a smart move. I agree a nerf is in place for both kits after much more experience with fighting them, but to just remove them is a bad call.

Once again, nerf, not remove.

6. teegah

teegah Staff Manager Sr. Mod

Phantom is balanced

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    My ideas:

Phantom: Make it so it cannot scramble people's hotbar for a time span, that is WAY too OP. Like, who that it would be a great idea to make someone not be able to attack, throw grenades, or eat food for 5 seconds? Also, if it almost dies, it turns invis for like 10 seconds, heals 4 hearts, and gets speed II if it has the maxed transparency path.

Scarecrow: Bats should NOT heal Scarecrow. That heal is OP, you almost kill that stupid class, it runs away, then it shoots multiple you times making you have to waste 3 apples, then the Scarecrow gets 5 hearts. Oh yeah, and NERF THE DAMAGE ALEADY! Even if its just by 1 HP it would help, because it does SO MUCH DAMAGE at level V. It has decent armor (if you say it has bad armor then play woof for a change) Not to mention the 20% extra damage almost has the same effect as turning the wood sword into a stone.

Woof: Can you try to play this class please? It has only 3 armor points (Chain helmet and boots, that's worse than grinch!) And getting Howl V is next to impossible (I have howl III) and to get to level IV you have to kill 50 people with your spawned woofs! They do like 3 damage, which is like having a wood pickaxe for a weapon. Also, they move about as fast as someone shifting, and have 2.5 hearts (One shoted by everything) So many times I have gotten a frag or fire grenade throw at my woofs, killing all of them is less than 5 seconds. Blindness is the only way for a woof to be able to survive more than 2 seconds on the battle field. Not to mention its weapon can't even block (its a piece of quarts that does 4 damage) If you keep dying to a woof its probably me getting a lag spike :p

KingDuder likes this.
  8. Erikpiplup

Erikpiplup Active Member

Nice troll, teegah!

As for an idea to nerf phantom, just do what @keldricc said. Return items to the way they were after possession finishes. Also, make it so transparent phantoms can be hurt. That's all I have tbh

Furiosus_, Paulgigadrain and Nick like this.
  9. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    -_- I just don't know how to respond to this stupidity anymore -_-

Transparent phantoms can be hurt XD

Dat_Skeleton and TheStalePvP like this.
  10. Luke

Luke The Classy British Mod Moderator

Hub AFKer
    Oh, great. Another thread about how a kit is overpowered and needs removing or needs a nerf. I know I'm going to get a fuckload of rage and hate for this post, but I need to put these points out there.

First off, I'm going to talk about Skeleton. Yes, Skeleton. Everyone says how Skely needs to be nerfed mainly because Keldricc likes to bowspam. But let's think for a moment about Keldricc. If Keld never started using Skely, and there wasn't a main Skely user, then people wouldn't be talking about how Skely needs a massive nerf.

Next, Shock. Everyone says how Shock needs nerfing because of its teleport because Pancho always uses it and destroys people. But let's think about how it would be if Pancho didn't use Shock at all. There wouldn't be any main Shock user that ruins hiding spots, and people wouldn't be going on about how Shock's teleport is overpowered.

Now, onto the main subject, Phantom. People get madly butt-hurt over the Possession ability when Skyzip, Wombo, and Itay use it to shut down tankers. But let's think about if those three never used Phantom. The class wouldn't be raged over since no one would really use it, then this thread wouldn't have been created about it.

Anyway, the point I'm saying is that IT'S NOT THE KIT, IT'S THE PEOPLE THAT USE IT. People wouldn't be raging about kits if others didn't use kits to the point where they become really good at it. Threads like this are mainly made because someone's butt-hurt over an ability, when it isn't the ability that killed you, it was the player that used it. There's no point in nerfing a certain class, since people will end up not using it, and then the kit'll be mashed all over the forums with people saying it needs to be buffed because no one uses it. Then the people who used the kits would go and use different ones, and become good at them, and then those kits will be called overpowered and people will rage over those. They get nerfed, the old kit is buffed, and the cycle restarts.

Dat_Skeleton, TheStalePvP and Agent40 like this.
  11. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    WHAT THE HELL HAVE I BEEN SAYING FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS!?!?! or are people really that arrogant and bliss.

Sigh..... for all those arrogant and bliss players please listen. Those same people that use the classes and do well at can do it with any other kit, what does that mean? do you nerf all the kits that they use in hope to nerf them? No? Well good. The same players who are good at one class ARE ACTUALLY GOOD AT PLAYER VS PLAYER COMBAT. What part of that do you people not get. I have said this before, People call Leprechaun OP because of people like me, Whale, and Wombo. The class is absolutely shit and I can do the same things with any other class. Get it through your thick skulls already.

Vext and Derpy are extremely good at every single class. Why is that? because they are AMAZING at player vs player combat, They don't need to rely on a stupid class in a GAME. What are you going to do, Nerf Zombie? Yea No.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    mocharaven, Dat_Skeleton and Luke like this.
  12. Erikpiplup

Erikpiplup Active Member

To be honest, phantom requires no skill. It's not the people, it's the kit this time.

Anyone can use the possession ability PERFECTLY. All it takes is a right click or something and boom, you just fucked over a tanker. No Skill required.

I'm not even talking about skelly. Why did you have to bring it up? Skelly is EzPz. Unless you're getting double bowspammed, then you're fucked.

Don't pretend we're ignorant when you don't realize this.

mocharaven and Nick like this.
  13. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    Transparent phantoms can be hurt.
    Have no idea why I was tagged.

14. Erikpiplup

Erikpiplup Active Member

Ah crap, maybe it was @AntiquePork who said that. You have similar faces on your profile pic.

I had no idea transparent phantoms could be hurt, but it's as if they take no knock back whatsoever.

15. AntiquePork

AntiquePork Active Member

Professional Trigger-er
    Home Page:
    Umm wat?
    Anyways, invis phantoms can be hurt. I learned that when I abused a ladder spot and someone died when there was nothing and I was like wat.
    And it is kind of funny how people think a class is so OP and needs to be removed because they either fought someone who had a high level of it or they have no idea how to fight it.
    Also, @Nick, you're being kind of a hypocrite. Lots of people talk about how a class is super weak and that they or someone else worked hard to get it high level to be useful. And you ignore that. Then you say woof is super UP and that it's hard to use.
    Also @Erikpiplup you're racist against keldricc's.

16. Erikpiplup

Erikpiplup Active Member

Sry to all Keldriccs out there, you are all amazing bowspammers

I hope you don't think that I think Phantom should be removed, I only think it only needs a nerf.

I also camp ladder spots and the phantom phases through my sword, possesses me and fucks me over for the rest of the game.

17. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    I said woof sucks until you get Howl III, and getting it to higher levels is EXTREMELY hard. Only after that does Woof become a viable class. Phantom is already a decent kit from level 1, and I would use that kit happily if it was stuck at 2-2. Scarecrow isn't very good until its level V, so I made a slight nerf so its crows didn't heal.

18. Luke

Luke The Classy British Mod Moderator

Hub AFKer
    People go on about nerfing ladder spots then get raged when a Phantom kills them in a ladder spot...

If you're in a ladder spot and the phantom's trying to go down, all you have to do is keep swinging. That way, you keep hitting it on the ladder, and it gets boosted up a bit so you can hit it more. It really isn't hard at all.

19. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    Can't wait for people to complain about my HH when it's anniversary time XD my kits maxed

Agent40 and Paulgigadrain like this.
  20. TheStalePvP

TheStalePvP Well-Known Member

S&D Team Memeber
    Phantom is easy to kill. Don't know why everyone is complaining. If you are fighting a phantom and they scramble your inventory just put distance between yourself and them. Also there was a myth about Phantoms being invincible when transparency path is being used. That is false. However I don't believe a phantom takes as much knockback as when it is visible.

Phantom in my mind doesn't need a nerf because of several reasons.

1. Scrambling, It does mess you up and if you take several seconds then it can be fatal. However you almost always have room to back up in and other people will usually come in and fight the phantom off while you recover. When you don't have backup then run. RUN. Staying to fight a phantom while scrambled if you're not Z_Hobo will cause you too die.

2. Transparency, It can be scary and funny to see a phantom come out of nowhere and attack. Just several tips. They can be hit while transparent. They will take some knockback while transparent. They cannot harm you while transparent. I cannot count how many times I have died from a human randomly swinging while I was transparent.

That's all I have. If a veteran phantom player wants to correct my info feel free. Now I gotta do my homework.

Agent40, Dat_Skeleton and Luke like this.