1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Project Mayhem / Official Discord Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CloudsPvP, May 24, 2018.

1. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

logo.png
    Would anyone actually join my "Project Mayhem" discord server?
    I could make a professional looking channels.
    ■ could advertise easily to get more players to join that have never played Project Mayhem.
    ■ It would be cool to have a Discord Server wouldn't it, some people do prefer Discord.

And yes, i would give every Staff Member of Project Mayhem their rank and with permissions to mute... you name it, also could make a Donator Section and along with their rank.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. InDstructable

InDstructable Member

And you would be the owner of this discord? If so, i think this is a bad decision. You are a member of the community and not a staff or higher, so mabey if you were to be making the server then handing it over to ben or jack if they were even interested in this then it might have a small chance.

3. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

If you did read the thread you would see "I would give every Staff Member of Project Mayhem their rank"

4. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    Thanks for the effort that you put into this post. Firstly, if we wanted a discord we would have made one already. The reason we use teamspeak is to encourage more vocal communication and have all the chatting and discussion on forums. With a discord it kind of discourages vocal communication. Also, please do not call something Project Mayhem/Server related “official” if it is not from the staff team. Unofficial is fine and I understand that this is just an idea so you are possibly suggesting that we just make an official discord which is a very small possibility.

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I’m trying
    No. Teamspeak is where we belong!

6. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

Thanks for the input, I will take note of what i have done wrong. Reason i created this thread because some people prefer discord and discord is a pretty cool and even free option for the community.

Would it be fine if I make a discord anyway about Project Mayhem and anyone is welcome to get the same rank as in-game?

You don't need to worry it will be all related to this server i will not bring people from here and do advertising of other servers and that.

Thanks for the input, but would you mind giving more in-depth information about what you said?

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2018
  7. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be official if it was by you.

While I do agree discord would be way better to be in (as far as features like Music bots or maybe Mattrick could have even coded a Infected Stats bot) Teamspeak has been the OG since the start of the server. But as all the people moving to discord, I don't see why this is a bad idea (Just, make Ben create the server, not you)

scapecrafter likes this.
  8. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

Sure, I will give more in-depth information for @Harvey .

I have been with Project Mayhem for over three years, and I have used Teamspeak throughout. If Ben wanted a discord, he could make one. But Teamspeak, as many have stated, kinda encourages more interaction with the community. Nobody is saying that discord will never happen, but what Harvey means when he says "Teamspeak is where we belong" is that we have had good times on Teamspeak and there is no reason to change. I appreciate your suggestion contribution, but it has already been (mostly) decided.

For the record, I use discord 10x more than Teamspeak and I really hope Project Mayhem will remain on Teamspeak only. Now, if you are looking for unofficial Project Mayhem discords, I could provide you with one.

Harvey likes this.
  9. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions, i would not mind saving Ben time i could create this and possibly try get these bots which i do have contact with people so. You seem very hateful to me which is a shame :( i would give whoever is the "Founder" of Project Mayhem full access to the discord server and they could move me to the Donator Group.

thank you for clearing it all up, i do understand where you're coming from it does not mean you guys that enjoy teamspeak need to join the Discord Server but now and then you can come and visit it if you wish :)

10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I’m trying
    You’ve said it way better than I ever could!