1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Project Mayhem [Player-count Increase]

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CloudsPvP, Mar 23, 2018.

?

Should Project Mayhem get revamped?

1. Yes +1

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No -1

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I'm quitting.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

logo (1).png

Here are some of my ideas overall for Project Mayhem, i'll try make it short but i want to go into full detail, respect to anyone that likes these or agrees with me.

Above will be a
    Poll so please go vote everyone, after reading of course.

My first Suggestion is about Discord Server.
    Channels:
    Basically what i think @maxben34 should add is a Discord Server for Project Mayhem, as with Discord you can do many cool things and potential player increase which i will explain about below.
    So with a Discord server you can have multiple channels and different texting channels or voice, which some people prefer better than Teamspeak 3 "including me" with Discord you can add these type of channels: http://prntscr.com/ivjifb and even staff room channels: http://prntscr.com/ivjiou this will be a really good idea and it's fully editable.

Channel Bots:
    Basically what bots are you can have multiple bots added into the Discord server, music bots, chat for level bots, and many more. The main one i'll focus on for this thread is "Inviting Bot" i don't know what it's actually called but i know you can get it which i will show how it works. Basically how it works is you get your own Discord Link by clicking on the Server name at the top of the Discord and you can copy and paste your link and share to other people, for example you invite 50 random people that don't know what Project Mayhem is you will get a reward if you got the most invites of the month. We can have like Top 3 most invites will get store voucher or so. You could make a separate channel for people to check how many invites they have by using the simple command !invites and it will show up how many invites you have.

Discord Announcements:
    So on the Forums we have Announcements but we should have them on Discord too a separate channel for them, that will be locked so only Owner could add information to it.

My second Suggestion is about Server Trailer.
    We need a Server Trailer a High Quality one made, they are cheap to be honest, Trailers bring decent amount of people to the server. Basically we are wanting to pay YouTubers to reupload the trailer for example like a famous Minecraft YouTubers, which get like probably over 10k+ views. "I know where to find less viewer YouTubers that reupload just ask me" Also yes paying bigger YouTubers like Vikkstar or so is probably the best idea which should be done asp before all current players quit.

Also if you do decide to get a Trailer made, imagine everyone that plays Project Mayhem currently re-uploaded the trailer it would bring some players maybe not much but it would definitely work in away.

My third Suggestion is about the gameplay itself.
    Alot of things need to be fixed in-game, well some people will not call it fix but some kits need definitely looked into due to too overpowered for new commers to the server, that's how we are losing players in the first place. In my opinion there should be a STATS RESET because we need a fresh start on the server, it should be closed and put into a recode and to make it good again and popular.

We are also needing more voting sites added into the server and commands such as /discord if we do add discord, and make a auto-broadcaster saying like check out discord using /discord or so in-game.

I will add some more stuff really soon!

Also information about me, i'll most likely quit Project Mayhem if nothing is done about the server.

All of this is 100% wrote by me not stolen from anyone.

MineButcher likes this.
  2. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    oh god please no

You should change the title to "How to kill Teamspeak in less than 5 minutes"

MineButcher, Agent40 and Draconium like this.
  3. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    The discord will definitely not work. We already have a thin playerbase just on the teamspeak, if we have a discord we will only be splitting our tiny community even more. It will just really divide us and kill both discord and teamspeak at the same time. This is somewhat happening currently as some of us play factions on discord. Secondly, we have a server trailer that I personally think is fine. If we ever grow big then sure we can get a server trailer that is super professional but it really is not necessary. About the reset I don't think we need to debate here, there are many threads for that and this really isn't the place for a reset debate thread.

MineButcher likes this.
  4. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

I mostly agree with your second point about the Server Trailer. As of now, no offense to Agent, but the trailer is sloppy. If we want to have a trailer, it should be vibrant and inviting. We have other games that we want to flourish, too. A lot of people see the server as just an MCI server, but, at the end of the day, we are a Minigame server. The trailer as it is now has several issues. You can see lag spikes in the gameplay (which can be easily overlooked, but professionalism is inviting), the frames are choppy, and the shaders do not look great. There are times in the trailer where it just looks horrendous and jarring.
    [​IMG]

Though I feel the trailer should be reworked (the structure of it is fine and the core ideas are good, just the shaders and the frames/connection issues are the problem), it is not a high priority. It would be nice to have a revamped one thats refined more and cleaned up, it is not a priority. The one we have now does work well at getting the message across that we are a Minigame server with a variety of gametypes. Agent has done a good job assembling it, it just needs refinery.

As for the prospect of a Discord, I strongly disagree. We have used Teamspeak for years, and Teamspeak is not the reason the server's player count is diminishing. Our Teamspeak has never been an issue, and I don't think making a move to Discord will solve it. We have a forums and we have a Teamspeak, both work well. There is no need to fix something that isn't broken.

Stat reset... Oh boy, here we go again. I have stated my opinions on this matter before, but I honestly fall in the middle now. Both sides of the argument have good points and sustainable validity, but I just don't want to take such a huge risk without securing guaranteed growth. If we reset, the people who dislike the prospect may leave, and it does not guarantee we get players to boot. Before something this big, a lot of preparation would be needed to ensure we don't utterly screw the server over.

I truly do appreciate that you took the time to suggest these. Though I don't agree with all you've said, I do think the effort to spark a discussion is nice.

Reminder to all, don't start a flame war just because someone doesn't agree with you. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    MineButcher, CloudsPvP and Draconium like this.
  5. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

Thank you for the response, i see where you are coming from with all you said. Also for Agent trailer i don't think it should be a way to promote the server it's not professional atall Project Mayhem needs something better. I would link one here but i'll get in-trouble for advertising other server so PM me if you want to see a Trailer i'm talking about.

@lobster @baseballaholic22 some people prefer discord, also teamspeak is really old these days, most servers have Discord channels.

6. YellowTehMinerz

YellowTehMinerz Active Member

Doing things
    Shhhhhh we are not. I promise

MineButcher and Furiosus_ like this.
  7. MineButcher

MineButcher Well-Known Member

Increasing Forum activites
    Home Page:
    discord
    teamspeak

these are both for scrubs who cant type while they pvp

im jk i just hate listening to my own voice, plus i cant concentrate when other people are droning lol

8. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.