1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Project Mayhem (Ways to increase player count?)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CloudsPvP, Mar 7, 2018.

?

Should this be looked into?

1. +1 Yes

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. -1 No

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Some thing to be changed

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

logo (1).png

Hello all,

before i actually start writing about my suggestion i would like people to think about this thread good before posting comments, and i want you all to think good about it so there will be no fights down below i want to keep this thread clean and easier to read the comments without needing to scroll down over fights.

Cool Text - PLAYER COUNT 278542818437724.png

Ways to improve the playerbase:

(1)

Alright let's start of here, i always see new players join that's good but thing is when they join they usually leave straight away, it's hard to find a player that will stay from rank 1 all the way to prestige, reason to this is they basically rage quit the server because of all these kits like turkey for example it's just a kit to abuse we all know that, it should not even be in the game unless there was actually good hit-boxes that are easier to hit. (Okay and now you all say "Learn to aim" in the comments, don't.) Here is a question to the community should these kits that you can't even hit "Squid" or any other kits that are just too op should get removed/replaced/changed? This is the main reason people leave this server and don't even comeback. Also another thing like two weeks ago there was a fully teamspeak server with everyone abusing one same kit the whole time in a big group, like look that's just the most annoying thing ever? You all go yelling that the server is dead but look at the state of the kits. And yes i know i am complaining / sound mad but take this into consideration this server is not playable for new comers to the server (MCInfected related) since that's the most popular gamemode.

(2)
    Aimed at "Owners to read"
    Alright here is actually the way to gain players. Basically @maxben34 you will need to invest money into a high quality server trailer, if you want to know more information what i mean private message me. I don't know if this server had/has a trailer but of looks of things it does not, the only possible way the server gets players currently is by @Agent40 @KingDuder (More? Comment) videos and the voting websites which are bringing up the ratings on the website of Project Mayhem which is increasing the chance of people finding Project Mayhem server. But for the trailer once you get a trailer/have one actually pay YouTubers with like 500+ views on videos less, and more views the more money to pay the YouTubers. To be honest with the income from Donations on this server you will be able to invest some money into YouTubers, you probably done this before with Vikkstar123 and such but if you get more smaller YouTubers to reupload it you will always gain some players? I know really well how you can find YouTubers easily to reupload the trailer also i know where you can find good High Quality trailers.

(3)
    More voting websites for the server will actually help gain players too at the moment Project Mayhem does not have a lot of voting websites. Like i said above more votes = more server ratings and then players. I know this is basic and probably majority of you people know this stuff but i'm just making it clear and it probably should be done.

(4)
    Another thing here i don't want to name names here but you should probably consider demoting some staff, i know i might sound rude but it's the truth some staff don't even talk in chat nor answer them when the player says the staffs name. Also the way some staff talk on the forum has to be changed and more professional this is a thing that's really important, staff need to be "role model" and show players what Project Mayhem has to offer, by this i'm meaning players should know that Project Mayhem has a good staff team that's always up for help. Not saying any of the staff is bad just need to improve.

Updated List:
    (5)
    Ok another thing is which is proving my point that no-one plays MCInfected is people are posting things like "Join for Boosters" because there is no-one online. Also people are posting threads on way to improve the playerbase but it's not really a good way to gain new players. People complain about that this server is dead too, i think it's time to take action?

Absolutely no hate to anyone mentioned above it's just examples.

Anything thing else comes into my head i will make sure to update this.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    HaleStorm likes this.
  2. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Although the server is dieing I believe it should die. Because once all the high lvl players are gone advertising would bring in a wave of new players who wouldn't be destroyed. This is also why I was for a stat reset

Paulgigadrain and CloudsPvP like this.
  3. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

Well No. Not all i would not like Project Mayhem to die it's a good server just needs players.. Also for the Stats reset i was going to include it into the thread but to be honest people made so many threads about it on the forums and apparently it's not going to happen so.

But a stats reset would probably just bring less players to be honest, because they worked hard for them prestige's but i would not mind losing my 6 prestige's fresh start would be awesome on here.

4. ImWithSmart

ImWithSmart ImWithMod Moderator

That One Guy Who Likes To Explore The Lobby & Mod
    Home Page:
    The one problem with voting sites is that, yes, there are players who use sites to find new servers to play on, but the majority don't. They usually just search up key words in google, bing, etc. and just look at the website of the server itself. Admittedly, some of those websites will be voting websites, which can help, but there are also server websites that pop up that people are more likely to look at. Also, not every server uses the same website as others, so it's hard to measure who really has more votes. There's many voting websites, and most servers can only focus on a few.

5. YellowTehMinerz

YellowTehMinerz Active Member

Doing things
    New players that join are of the mindset that if they can not be the best in the first 5 minutes what's the point of playing another thing is what new players have nobody to play with hence why they are not sticking around so it is hard to get cookies so an Infinite Loop is created.

CloudsPvP likes this.
  6. ImWithSmart

Home Page:
    Yeah. It's not necessarily a mindset of "I can't be good in the first 5 minutes", but rather, "I feel like I'm light years behind when I'm playing, so why am I even doing this in the first place". Even when I was new, I felt far behind, and that was almost 2 1/2 years ago.

Draconium likes this.
  7. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

I disagree when you said "and most servers can only focus on a few" reason is servers can have multiple voting sites more the better over years Project Mayhem votes will count into ratings on them and the server will potentially grow. Also for when you said people search keywords alright let me explain you're right about that but who searches MCINFECTED anymore only people that knew it from mcinfected 1.0 and so, also players that don't know about mcinfected probably won't find it by searching keywords. But yeah they can search other game modes that project mayhem has for offer like Search and Destroy. Also I believe YouTube is main way to advertise or even ads for voting sites I believe this server needs a trailer and reuploads of it.

I believe this server would need a stats reset and a big balance in things kits ect.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2018
  8. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    Hey there!
    Since I got some time left over I though I might as well post my opinion on this topic. This is my opinion and probably will not be the same as yours, which is a good thing, because without this difference, the world would be quite boring.

Project Mayhem in it's current state will most likely fade away to the background, to where the only players will be the players that actively use teamspeak because this is where their friends are. Unfortunatly the Timzone difference also spreads those people, to the point where having 4 players to play the game(s)(SnD is also quite popular besides McI) is pretty uncommon. Since it's so uncommon to play games frequently the players interest switches to other servers/games. Recently Fortnite, but also Pubg and Overwatch became popular games. Hypixel just brought Battle Royale and The Pit, which also are two entertaining games. Why would a player wait 10 or 20 minutes for a chance that other people will join Project mayhem to play with them? In current society time became less and less common. I don't want to say it, but 'time is money'. People have other things to do, many of us go to Highschool or College. This and your social life outside of school (should) take a lot of time. So the time you have to play videogames, you want to spend as efficently as possible. So waiting for 10-20 minutes isn't how people want to spend their time, especially not if it results in no one joining, or them leaving after a coupple rounds.

So in short: Having a game that fills up quickly is the biggest 'pull factor'
    Unfortunatly, Project mayhem in this state, is far away from that.

The only outway I see for this is a huge investment of money to a popular youtuber that can bring in a big wave of people just like Jerome, Vikkstar and Preston did.
    Having a big wave of people at the same time will take away the waiting time and will make the game more interesting for older players as well.

This was my opinion on the burning question on how to revive Project Mayhem. Thanks for reading.
    -Buitenspelen

CloudsPvP likes this.
  9. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

Yes Project Mayhem does need big YouTubers but they won't record on the server because look at the state of the player count currently, even if ben pays them they won't have anything to record? what 0 player community they will ignore ben. But Ben can invest small amount of money into trailer reuploads for multiple small youtubers small i'm meaning 500+ views each video, and if you look into this 10 reuploads = decent amount of views which probably some people will actually check out the trailer and join the server.

10. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

@maxben34 please get in contact with me via discord if possible.

cloudbeast#3898

Also thread updated.

11. MineButcher

MineButcher Well-Known Member

Increasing Forum activites
    Home Page:
  12. ImWithSmart

Home Page:
    I got to study for midterms, but what’s one da- two day- five day- a week wasted?

lordslaughter20 likes this.
  13. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

No hate, just showing what the state of the server it is now we need to organise times....

14. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatoror☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Locked upon request of the owner. Please message me or another staff member if you would like to reopen it.

XrayGodzilla and CloudsPvP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.