1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Project Mayhem's Third Anniversary/Halloween Update and 2017

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, Oct 27, 2017.

1. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Dear Mayhemians,

These past three years have been awesome. I started this server along with Jackson early in my senior year of high school. Jackson and I didn't expect too much to come of it really. The truth is that we just wanted to make some cool content for some people that have found our server while looking for a unique server to play. After three years, I'd like to think that we've done a good job of fulfilling that goal. Jackson and I love making content for you guys (with help and collaboration of our awesome staff team of course) and I hope that this update is a testament to that. I know that we will continue to do this for the very foreseeable future.

This Anniversary and Halloween update is full of new updates as well as classic anniversary features for the overall network and MCInfected 2.0 in particular. I want this Anniversary to be truly special. Like last year, n order to make it special, I have one thing to ask of all of you: get friends of yours who at one point may have stopped playing Project Mayhem and tell them to come online and play with, you, me, and jackson30007 and the rest of our staff team for this update. Get anybody you know and have them come online to play on Project Mayhem with you for this update. We want this update to be something that excites you about the future of the server, something that can help Project Mayhem on its long journey back towards greatness so that we can make content for even more people. I cannot do this alone, so please spread the word and help out!

Okay, so enough of the wishy washy stuff. Let's talk what's in this huge update. Also, if you're looking for information on this year's Halloween Package, stayed tuned, there's some information at the bottom of this post covering that.

The anniversary update will last until November 20th, so make the most of it while it's around!

Global Features

• Project Mayhem's Third Anniversary Storyline/Event: Project Mayhem's Senior Mods disappeared. Help jackson30007 and maxben34 locate the missing senior mods and figure out what happened. Completion of each step of this story will earn you 1 anniversary present. Completion of the entire story will give a bunch of exciting rewards! Start the event in the hub by finding jackson30007 and maxben34. Note: Please do not tell people the locations of various things throughout the story. We worked really hard on it so don't ruin the fun!
    • Anniversary Presents have been added that can be purchased at shop.pm-mc.com or unlocked by completing steps within the Anniversary storyline. Anniversary pesents can be opened in the hub. These presents contain different amounts of a random MCInfected 2.0 booster (including old boosters that give even bigger boosts) or cookies for MCInfected 2.0. Anniversary presents also have the chance to give special boosters from previous holiday events this year!
    • The 2017 Halloween Package listed at the end of this long post. It has some pretty cool stuff in it including a new companion!
    • Extended double cookie weekend for our 3rd Anniversary (October 27-31st)

• Mixed Arcade BETA from November 3rd-5th
    • Halloween Hub Theme
    [​IMG]
    • Added new prefix skins - Change the color and animation of your rank tag! Halloween tag skin is in the Halloween Package. You can change your tag skin in the settings & cosmetics menu.
    [​IMG]

MCInfected 2.0 Features
    • Added the Sp00ky Witch to MCInfected 2.0: In lobby, right click on the Sp00ky Witch. She needs your help to brew some Sp00ky Cakes. Obtain the ingredients she asks for (there are 6 in total) through doing specific things in MCInfected 2.0 to create a Sp00ky Cake. Note: ingredients from last year will be reset, apart from Cakes and Sp00ky Cakes. You can now see your ingredients in the lobby and they no longer appear in /stats.
    • Added the Sp00ky Shop: Access the Sp00ky shop by left clicking the Sp00ky Witch. Spend your Sp00ky Cakes here to get pro-perks!
    • Presents have been added to MCInfected 2.0 that are earned getting kills. Presents contain different amounts of cookies when opened and may also give an ingredient that the Sp00ky Witch is looking for.

• Added a new booster to MCInfected 2.0: Anniversary Booster - Anniversary Boosters double the chances of finding all cake ingredients.
    • We've made some minor tweaks to some infected classes to make them easier to level up.

• MCInfected 2.0 Bat Companion - This companion will fly around and attack nearby infected, poisoning them!
    [​IMG]
    • New MCInfected Halloween Lobby
    [​IMG]
    • In the coming days we will be adding an exciting new feature to MCInfected 2.0 called the MVP system. Stay tuned.
    The 2017 Halloween Package

As for most major holidays, @jackson30007 and I work on creating limited edition packages that can be purchased at shop.pm-mc.com or by having the Mayhem+ rank, that come with tons of things, valued at far more than the price it's sold at.

This year's Halloween Package will be for sale in our shop for $25, but with a 20% off sale it becomes $20. We are also selling a version of this package that comes with the MCInfected 2.0 Booster Bundle for $40 instead of $50.

This package will be on sale until Monday November 20th. A purchase of the Halloween Package will give you lifetime access to the contents of the package (aside from the boosters, of course). As always, Mayhem+ gets every holiday package we've ever released and will ever release, including this one. By purchasing the 2016 Halloween Package, you'll get all of these fabulous features.
    • Global Halloween Prefix Skin - Changes the look of your rank tag when enabled. Enable this in the donor menu on the hub to show it off. This will work for ALL ranks if you purchase the package. If you don't have a global rank and you purchase the Halloween package, you won't receive the skin tag unless you purchase a global rank.
    [​IMG]
    • Jack O'Lantern Companion for MCInfected 2.0- Deal buffs and de-buffs to yourself and enemies respectively by right clicking the Jack O'Lantern once it's lit up.
    [​IMG]
    • Scarecrow Infected Class for MCInfected 2.0- Attack your enemies by launching swarms of bats at them. Hitting players makes your pumpkin head light up. When lit, it will give you an attack damage boost!?

• Bat Companion for MCInfected 2.0 - Flies to and attacks nearby infected dealing poison damage
    [​IMG]
    • 2017 Anniversary Gadget (Cake Gadget) - Give a cake to players that gives a sugar rush when eaten!

• 2017 Anniversary Particle Effect - Purple Crown!
    [​IMG]
    • 2016 Halloween Gadget ("Batman") - Ride on top of a cloud of bats in MCInfected 2.0
    • 2016 Halloween Effect
    • 2016 Halloween Armor - Can be used in MCInfected 2.0
    • Jack-O-Lantern Arrow Skin - Can be used in MCInfected 2.0
    • 5 of each booster (worth $22.50 normally)

• 5 Anniversary Boosters - Doubles the chances of cake ingredients in the next round of MCInfected 2.0
    • 5 Anniversary Presents - Get Old Cookie Boosters, Old Night Boosters, Old Eclipse Boosters, Cookies, DNA, and more! (worth $5 normally)
    Thanks to all of you wonderful Mayhemians for another great year for Project Mayhem. I look forward to what this next year has in store and you should too! Thanks for being awesome. Remember to spread the word about this update! It's going to be so much fun.

Finally I'd like to thank our wonderful staff and build teams for their hard work this past year. I'm really proud of all that you guys have accomplished!

-maxben34

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

carrying the build team
    FIRST

edit: second but still amazing

edit: first again??

3. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    Hype!!

YellowTehMinerz likes this.
  4. ewald22

ewald22 Head Moooderator Builder Head Mod

Cow
    Giving a shoutout to all the builders. Amazing job. @Nitromaniac, great job on building the mci hub!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Jimme likes this.
  5. Luke

Luke The Classy British Mod Moderator

Hub AFKer
    AYYYYYYYYYYY
    HYPE OVERLOAD

6. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
  7. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Screenshots courtesy of yours truly :)
    Insanely hyped for this anniversary, I missed last year and was disappointed in myself. Glad to see I can play this year : )))

Jimme likes this.
  8. NorthernCanadian

NorthernCanadian Member

Hockey
    wait a second I'm very confused how does this missing sr.mods thing work?

MineButcher likes this.
  9. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

I'll be home in like 45 minutes fuck

10. Wombo

Wombo Well-Known Member Builder

Having too much swaq
    Those senior mods can wait!

Jimme likes this.
  11. teegah

teegah Staff Manager Sr. Mod

wait am i the villain

also sick builds nj builders

Jimme likes this.
  12. FallenProxyGamer

FallenProxyGamer New Member

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

13. Vickebyggare

Vickebyggare Well-Known Member

Knew goin to bed wasn't a good idea. Can't wait to wake up,

Good work!

14. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Go to the hub and right click jackson and myself to start the storyline/event.

15. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    Woooooooooooo hype can't wait to get home

16. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Well-Known Member

Hype Hype Hype!! The story is so good!! Was it copied from a Disney movie??

17. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    Where in the frick are my MAGMA BEARS at?!? They better be in the storyline. Everything else is pretty good though.

Masteraj12, lobster, Frogged and 6 others like this.
  18. PumpkinWarrior2.0

PumpkinWarrior2.0 Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    Might need to hop on for a few ;)

lobster likes this.
  19. NorthernCanadian

NorthernCanadian Member

Hockey
    Just a question did u remove abandon I play 4 hours and no abandon is that bad like or did you guys remove it?

20. ewald22

ewald22 Head Moooderator Builder Head Mod

Cow
    It's still there.