1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Renovating TIM [Time is Money] Factions

Discussion in 'Time is Money BETA Discussion' started by Hoozier, May 9, 2016.

1. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

Me along with several other people have been playing TIM a lot recently and we all have noticed several bugs and fixes that could revamp the entire system and restore TIM to a better state. Look, I understand the majority of you guys do not play Time is Money factions and I understand that many of you never would like to play this gamemode, but keep those comments to yourself please. Also, I am not sure any of you are qualified to claim that a beta gamemode is dead, since it is in beta.

Anyways, now to the actual thread; I will be simply labeling out some fixes that I would personally make to create a better environment for newer players.

Fixes:
    • When raiding a base, sometimes people can have a lot of time in there bank, but not enough land on there base to overclaim them. (Ex: If it is not an obsidian base and it has loads of time, lets say a dirt hut but obtains lots of good items in the chest, then we can't overclaim them to receive the loot.) The fix? Make it so that if the claim has a smaller base with blocks that can be exploded with Tnt, then each shot will gain the faction who is raiding them more experience to level there faction.
    • (Note: This one is already being considered but I thought I would label this anyways) If spawners are bought from the shop and used on a monster spawner, then make it so Silk Touch Pickaxes can pick up not only the spawner, but the egg also. The benefits of having this system is mainly for misplaced eggs and to make raiding more rewarding if you are successful.
    • For this idea, there is lots of controversy so I will try and label my idea the best I can. With a set point, make people who leave spawn teleport to a random location within 500 blocks of the set point. (Ex: If the set point is at X:0 Z:0, then make it so the boundaries of the random teleport is 500 blocks around X:0, Y:0) There are many benefits to having a random teleport, but the biggest reason is to prevent higher geared people from camping the exits.
    • Time is money shop revamp. When TIM factions first came out, the staff and the players really had no clue to what items should be set to what price, but after spending multiple hours each day on TIM, I can surely provide better prices. To make this more organized, I will label better prices in a whole new section below.
    • Map and Server reset once advertised, this one is important in my opinion for a very simple reason, to balance everyone. In spawn, the map provided is very bland and confusing and has room for change. With a newer reset, a newer map for spawn is essential to attract peoples views. The server reset though needs to be unique for the people who have been spending hours on end each day just to have fun (@TheDankPenguin , @Rod337 , @Turtleguy2018 , and me) So we could introduce a storage system allowing everyone to store items depending on your rank into a ./chest that will NOT be reset. Spaz = 1 Slot; Crazy = 2 Slots; Maniac = 3 slots; Insane = 4 slots; Mayhem = 5 slots; and Mayhem+ = 10 slots. Yes, I do realize that I stated Global ranks instead of TIM ranks which introduces my next idea...
    • Changing TIM ranks into Global Ranks for TIM and repaying people who spent money on TIM with chaos, or some other payment. This is necessary for countless of reasons, and the biggest reason is to bring more donors onto TIM and more company to donate for ranks. I will let you guys decide on this one, its controversial.
    • Making Time easier to get all around which brings me to my next topic
    Shop fixes:

I have been thinking about this for a while now, and honestly the lazy side of me has risen. I won't be giving
    any specific values of the shop items because that would simply take to much of my time. But what I can
    inform everyone is that Iron, Gold, Carrots, Potatoes, Netherwarts, or anything that is farmable needs to
    reward people with more TIM. Right now, there are very limited ways of getting time which causes 70%
    of the newer players on TIM to be deathbanned. If at any time this is considered, then @maxben34 surely can
    ask some veteran TIM players (Listed above).
    If this thread gets the attention it deserves, then I might add on to the list, but for now this is plenty. Let me know what you think, in the comments. I was going to make another video better explaining lots of these and showcasing a couple bases, but I will save that and see if this even gets attention. Special thanks to @Rod337 , @Turtleguy2018 , and @TheDankPenguin who inspired me to create this thread.

2. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I can agree with spawn being confusing. It took me a while to remember which exit has the shop/bank because each exit looks the same.

I also really do think that having a /chest will be very useful. I have spent tons of time on this server, and it would really suck to see all the time go to waste. I'm maniac, so 3 slots will only be enough for my diamonds, my lapis, and maybe my favorite tool.

Something I would like to add, You should be able to give players permission to build without having to invite them to your faction. We have been working on a farm, and its been really annoying to have to switch from faction to faction if you need to go to get something from your chests.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  3. Hypris

Hypris Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Just Mt.Dewwing it
    I totally think all of these ideas are very important to consider.

TIM has been in beta for a while and people have been playing it and it would be great to take these ideas and implement them.

A few questions I had for Hoozie:
    For the reset with /chest will the slots be chest slots or full chests?
    What will we do with people who brought previous TIM rank?
    Thanks Hoozie for making this thread, this was really needed and I think the owners should really take this into consideration

Edit: I think it would be a good idea to make the map bigger if possible. It seems as if everywhere I go someone has been. With more players a bigger map would be a very good idea in my opinion and I would love to see it implemented.

4. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    1 spot for /chests means 1 spot for 1 item not 1 entire chest. Im maniac so I can only bring 3 items. That way its not SUPER op, but will be able to help the players who have really dedicated lots of time to TIMF

5. teegah

teegah Staff Manager Sr. Mod

Is this a meme @Hoozier ?!?!?

No but srsly Tim is bottom of priorities rn mm is probably higher than tim

6. Hoozier

According to whom? Many staff would disagree with that statement. I am not saying that Mayhem Mania doesn't need an update, I am stating that these could be ideas for a possible revamp of TIM. I never stated that TIM is higher than Mayhem Mania.

7. teegah

teegah Staff Manager Sr. Mod

According to Ben; ben has acknowledged that mm needs an update but Tim isn't on the table atm. And if most of these are bugs you could tell Jackson and he'd fix them sooner or later but if they're ideas for new stuff well idk if that'll happen

8. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

We'll be working on an update for TIM as soon as we have an advertising strategy prepared to be executed for it.

9. Turtleguy2018

Turtleguy2018 Well-Known Member

Gas Station Owner
    I agree with all of these, except one. You can probably guess which. The reset. I have seen alot of people suggest a reset and i understand why, but I don't want one. I probably have weeks of play time on TIMF, and for all of that to be thrown away. I would be devastated. I hope you can see my point of view. I really don't want a reset. Maybe if insted of a total reset, we just lose 50% of the time we have. This I might be okay with as I would still have half my time.

Edit: you forgot the repairing bows.

10. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    The reset was destined to happen since the beginning, its in beta soooooooo

Hoozier likes this.
  11. Bilbocable

Bilbocable ☃ Hobbit Mod ☃ Going On An Adventure ☃ Moderator

Being on an adventure.
    Home Page:
    Ofcourse it should happen once the server is advertised as Ben said. It would simply be unfair to new people when there is one major faction that just rules the entire map.

12. Hoozier

Look, I agree with the reset. But in owning the biggest faction on the server, there are not many people in it to where it would just rule the entire map. But we are spending countless hours on Tim for the fun of it, and there needs to be something for the people listed, like a vault that won't be reset with very minimal slots. It's up to you guys tbh

Rod337 likes this.
  13. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I agree with the /chest addition. It will help those members who worked hard, and tbh 3 slots isnt much

14. Alpace

Alpace Active Member

This is a pretty good post! I didn't think that anyone cared about TIMF anymore, except that one turtle guy.

I've played TIMF for a couple of hours, so I have a few things in mind that should also be changed, in my opinion.

-The anvil is completely broken, at least for me. Combining items doesn't work at all. I have around 40 enchanted books that I can't even use on gear. I think that the anvil should just use its 'normal' user interface instead of the custom UI it has in TIMF. Perhaps that would fix the issue.

-The enchanting system should be re-balanced. It costs four pieces of lapis to get a rather useless, low level enchantment. Combining gear with enchanted books doesn't seem to work, so the only effective way to get good enchantments is to basically do the maximum enchantment using twelve lapis. This isn't exactly a huge issue though, since getting lapis isn't that difficult.

-The shop should have some sort of a cycle, where maybe once a month, it would sell some of the more rare stuff, for example nether wart. The store should also buy/sell more stuff in general.

Last edited: May 11, 2016